Cordy Glenn's Foot Issue is Improving

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our offensive line is in trouble over the next few years. Wood is in a contract year and I will be surprised if they resign him. The following year both Richie and Miller are up on contracts. Do Beane and McD have any loyalty to these interior OL? Nope. With issues surrounding injuries (potentially long term) and question marks at RT, pair this with McCoy's age and our running game could be 100% different in two seasons.

Possible replacements? Groy is the solo in house guy and it's possible Miller plays well enough to be retained. Hopefully they can use one of those 3rd round picks on an interior OL and Cordy's foot heals up properly. In this scenario, if Dawkins can show well enough at RT, we will be okay. But it is definitely a question mark over the next few seasons IMO

People are way overreacting about this Glenn situation. He's going to be fine. He's been checked out by Dr. Andersen twice, and all he gets is an injection. That tells me no permanent damage to repair, just reduce inflammation and speed healing time. If he starts missing regular season games, then I'll start to worry.

People are way overreacting about this Glenn situation. He's going to be fine. He's been checked out by Dr. Andersen twice, and all he gets is an injection. That tells me no permanent damage to repair, just reduce inflammation and speed healing time. If he starts missing regular season games, then I'll start to worry.

It's rather puzzling since there was no structural damage to his foot, but the "general soreness" has remained for so long.

Can't they just cut it off and get him ready to play? Players these days are soft.

My biggest fear right now is Cordy is a huge man that has had little conditioning or practice in a long time. There is no way he will be ready for the start of the season if he doesn't get back in the next week.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Can't they just cut it off and get him ready to play? Players these days are soft.

My biggest fear right now is Cordy is a huge man that has had little conditioning or practice in a long time. There is no way he will be ready for the start of the season if he doesn't get back in the next week.

My concern is when those ankles/feet are weak they don't recover to well. I remember my own struggles at 180 pounds, I can't imagine this guy at nearly twice the weight and triple the abuse.

Did Richie not take a chainsaw to his new sports car at one point? I'd say that is pretty crazy for starters.

Ritchie is "don't **** with me" crazy. Perhaps a rage-a-holic. Exactly what you want from an OL, and the bullying scandal left him a blackballed victim of the times.

Running around naked and telling cops to shoot you is "crazy" crazy. Like mentally unstable, don't want you handling my millions kinda crazy.

Umm, not really. He played LT in college and took LT snaps in the spring. Won't be a huge transition for him; much more important to get him a lot of work at RT for the time being.

I think broadly that is right... he is trying to learn RT and it will slow that down flipping him back to LT. However the point was made to McD that there will come a point - and he accepted that - where they have to do it.

If the 3rd game really is their dry run I want to see the line that will start if Cordy doesn't make it.

I think broadly that is right... he is trying to learn RT and it will slow that down flipping him back to LT. However the point was made to McD that there will come a point - and he accepted that - where they have to do it.

If the 3rd game really is their dry run I want to see the line that will start if Cordy doesn't make it.

yep. I need to see the starters for a minute. The starters likely want to see that as well