Astro-Notes: 8-2-17 Sixth Practice

Astrobot

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reports out of Pittsburgh say that Hunter is having a monster training camp and may be jockeying to push out Coates for a starter role...

We should have signed him. I do not understand for a second why we didn't. Concerns about work ethic be damned. He has that thing called talent.

Ouch. What particular places you thinking Kirbs?

The depth on the lines and at LB is probably okay. JW looked okay to me but who knows. S, TE, QB and WR depth was not promising. You know me, I try to be a realist but came out a little less optimistic than I went in. Every team suffers injuries and the Bills are more susceptible than other teams IMO.

Listening to Sirius and waiting for Astro to call in :beer:

Sounds like Kirwan and Miller liked what he saw a little more than Kirby, but time will tell the truth...

I don't mean to be too negative. The practice was organized and the discipline was a lot better. There were things to like for sure.

I don't mean to be too negative. The practice was organized and the discipline was a lot better. There were things to like for sure.

I hear ya. My expectations are low, unfortunately. I usually talk myself into more optimism, but something about this roster. I expect more discipline but a distinct lack of talent/depth compared to opponents. I hope to hell I'm wrong.

Not too negative - I believe your truth is "the truth" (or at least "a truth"), too :D

But see that is whey having a lot of people giving opinions on what they saw is so great.

Exaaaaactly!

No matter what ANYONE says, I'll still think the Bills are going to be good this year - you know, until we're not! :beer:

I guess I just don't worry about depth. I don't think there's a team out there that feels good about their depth. And supposedly some players like Yarborough and Groy are looking good, so my instinct says depth shouldn't hurt us anymore than it does any other team.

They have very little outside of Sammy at the WR position.

Shepard for the Giants went down with an ankle injury today. They can sustain that because they have a ton of depth at the position. If Sammy goes down again, the position is toast.

Just heard Will Fuller broke his collar bone, so that kills my Jalen strong dream for another season.

We should have signed him. I do not understand for a second why we didn't. Concerns about work ethic be damned. He has that thing called talent.

Streater offers everything Hunter does.

Not concerned about WR/depth and hearing Johnson is looking good and them adding Rambo makes me feel better about the secondary. Now just need to see 3 LB's seize the starting roles.

The depth on the lines and at LB is probably okay. JW looked okay to me but who knows. S, TE, QB and WR depth was not promising. You know me, I try to be a realist but came out a little less optimistic than I went in. Every team suffers injuries and the Bills are more susceptible than other teams IMO.

What about edge rusher depth and corner depth? Those 2 have been worrying me. Safety, QB, WR I always suspected we were thin. Based on Astro's reports had started to feel better about TE. You think that hope is misplaced? At LB I feel like we have decent depth but no 1 outstanding starter - on what you saw today would you say that is fair?

I guess I just don't worry about depth. I don't think there's a team out there that feels good about their depth. And supposedly some players like Yarborough and Groy are looking good, so my instinct says depth shouldn't hurt us anymore than it does any other team.

Both looked good and as I said the depth on the line and LB is okay. The Bills depth looked worse than what I normally see. I know that's kind of a generic reason but it isn't pretty.