Jon Gruden on coaching return: 'I'm preparing'

ALF

I know he makes boatloads now on TV. If this is to be believed, ti's about $6.5 mil/year. Why go coach? Not for the money....

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/highest-paid-sportscaster-analyst-commentators/

He's better on TV than he is as a coach. Our sons crossed paths in high schoool, and I'll say I'm not a fan of him as a person.

This guy is the biggest douche, most overrated talentless clown out there.

He is the epitome of the saying that perseverance and effort can surpass talent and ability. He spends countless hours while someone like Belichick does the same thing and gets results.

If buffalo ever hired him I'd quit the team.

I know he makes boatloads now on TV. If this is to be believed, ti's about $6.5 mil/year. Why go coach? Not for the money....

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/highest-paid-sportscaster-analyst-commentators/

He's better on TV than he is as a coach. Our sons crossed paths in high schoool, and I'll say I'm not a fan of him as a person.

Is that the son that is a nationally ranked Power Lifter?

Is that the son that is a nationally ranked Power Lifter?

Could be, he looked like a short little 'roid freak then. My son abused him in 7 on 7's. Gruden was strutting around like he owned the place. He'd yell out demeaning things about kids on other teams, from what I heard. Hey, these are a bunch of kids. No need for that.

Count me IN!

I've always liked Gru, or Chucky, or the Angry Dwarf, or whatever you want to call him... Heard from somewhere that he had a bad drinking problem at some point, but not anymore...

I like what he did in OAK and TAM... He instills toughness, and a strong mental attitude... I'd hire him in a heartbeat.

I'm convinced Gruden and Cowher will negotiate every contract for the rest of their lives with the "well, I could always go back to coaching you know...."

Who was a successful coach that came back after a long hiatus? Dick Vermeil with the Rams? I can't think of anyone else.

I think the game has moved past Gruden. He is still knows football but after being out of coaching for 9 yrs I think it would be tough for him to land a head coaching gig right away. I can see him being an offensive coach first and then maybe get a head coaching job later on.

This guy is the biggest douche, most overrated talentless clown out there.

He is the epitome of the saying that perseverance and effort can surpass talent and ability. He spends countless hours while someone like Belichick does the same thing and gets results.

If buffalo ever hired him I'd quit the team.

Rex was a bigger douche and even less talented..... which isn't a glowing endorsement for "Smirky".

Rex was a bigger douche and even less talented..... which isn't a glowing endorsement for "Smirky".

rex is not held on a pedestal or regarded as talented by anyone. Gruden is regarded as a good coach, if not great, by many. And it's a God damn joke

rex is not held on a pedestal or regarded as talented by anyone. Gruden is regarded as a good coach, if not great, by many. And it's a God damn joke

Zero argument from me about Chucky but I bet if you go back a couple years on this same board you could find plenty of Rex appreciation rhetoric😉