OMG...here goes....48 year old about to start dating again

My theory is that you should always go for the goodnight kiss if you're interested. I see no reason not to.

If she's with it you just took the next step. If not you've lost nothing. At least she knows you're man enough to go for it. If she's put off by it to the point of it negatively affecting the relationship it wasn't going to happen anyway.

And taking rejection unfazed with a sly smile is about as attractive as anything you can do. It's a lot more attractive than an awkward side hug.

I like to take that strategy a step further and whip it out at the first opportunity.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory is that you should always go for the goodnight kiss if you're interested. I see no reason not to.

If she's with it you just took the next step. If not you've lost nothing. At least she knows you're man enough to go for it. If she's put off by it to the point of it negatively affecting the relationship it wasn't going to happen anyway.

And taking rejection unfazed with a sly smile is about as attractive as anything you can do. It's a lot more attractive than an awkward side hug.

side gig is only when youeet for first time. Especially from social dating apps

Also, be a man. Don't ask her opinion or what she wants to do; do what you want. Make her comply or go with. Let her say no if she must

he's actually engaged.

I'm not engaged yet lol

Dear Jebby,

I'm in a committed relationship, but my farmer friend is a man whore. He hints at all his exploits but won't share the intimate details, and pictures. I'd like to know more so I can feel like I'm young again, like when I was dating that 18 year old when I was 43. What should I do?

:lol:

Haha. You can execute the side hug in a number of ways but the basic idea is to hug the person so you're not pressing your frontal bodies against each other. Basically trying to avoid being too intimate on the hug.

I see...

"Is that a pencil in your pocket or are you just happy to see me" never comes up! LoL...

I kinda thought thought that. As I chuckle. Thank God I am married, all these rules... John, If I were you, I'd move up into the mountains and become Grizzly Adams with the internet! ;-)

Learned something new tonight

I have this new strategy of trying to figure out women....I pick someone out that i have no intention of doing anything with but dates a lot (who knows...it might end up in a date but not thinking about that right now)

and letting them talk me through the process. Some things I actually have learned that I did not know that she was kind enough to let me in on

- "Going out for coffee" is not actually a "date"......it is a meet and greet and lets a female decided if they actually want to go out on a date. I have been out on about 5 coffee things and I thought they were dates. Plans to do something with some and some no.

- While "getting to know each other" dont give out too much information.....for instance my divorce papework is filed but not completed. She told me to just tell them its finalized....and that it really isnt a woman's business but for some reason it goes into the evaluation.

- As permission for any body contact at least the first 2 times you meet (I of course screwed this up on my first "coffee meet and greet" and the girl never wanted to hear from me again)

- keep the eyes up during the "meet and greet" yes I am very bad about letting my eyes wonder especially if there are some nice assets

- Dont try to hard....if she offers to pay half....LET HER PAY IT. The first meet and greet I had that turned into dinner offered to actually pay for all of it. My new friend says I should have let her do it because she basically acted like a judgemental ass and I paid for the privilage of that.

Oh and regarding the woman over which the thread was origianally started.....my new freind says I should just not even bother calling or returning calls....she sounded like she has major issues and would just make me miserable.

I have this new strategy of trying to figure out women....I pick someone out that i have no intention of doing anything with but dates a lot (who knows...it might end up in a date but not thinking about that right now)

and letting them talk me through the process. Some things I actually have learned that I did not know that she was kind enough to let me in on

- "Going out for coffee" is not actually a "date"......it is a meet and greet and lets a female decided if they actually want to go out on a date. I have been out on about 5 coffee things and I thought they were dates. Plans to do something with some and some no.

- While "getting to know each other" dont give out too much information.....for instance my divorce papework is filed but not completed. She told me to just tell them its finalized....and that it really isnt a woman's business but for some reason it goes into the evaluation.

- As permission for any body contact at least the first 2 times you meet (I of course screwed this up on my first "coffee meet and greet" and the girl never wanted to hear from me again)

- keep the eyes up during the "meet and greet" yes I am very bad about letting my eyes wonder especially if there are some nice assets

- Dont try to hard....if she offers to pay half....LET HER PAY IT. The first meet and greet I had that turned into dinner offered to actually pay for all of it. My new friend says I should have let her do it because she basically acted like a judgemental ass and I paid for the privilage of that.

Oh and regarding the woman over which the thread was origianally started.....my new freind says I should just not even bother calling or returning calls....she sounded like she has major issues and would just make me miserable.

And then after giving me all this advice

SHE WANTS TO GO OUT WITH ME

I cant Win!

I stopped at trying to figure women out. Figure yourself out first. Let them figure themselves out. They're crazy af

You're griping that a woman wants to go out with you?

No im just trying to get a little better at this.

No the girl is not ugly.....but I was hoping more for friendship here because she seemed really good at giving me insight into female species and I dont have anyone else to give me that.

Guys can talk about this stuff all day long but we are not females....:)

I stopped at trying to figure women out. Figure yourself out first. Let them figure themselves out. They're crazy af

They are crazy "af"... What does that mean? You mean they put bandanas on their face and protest against fascists? I thought they were on the other side?

;-)

No im just trying to get a little better at this.

No the girl is not ugly.....but I was hoping more for friendship here because she seemed really good at giving me insight into female species and I dont have anyone else to give me that.

Guys can talk about this stuff all day long but we are not females....:)

You have us here! Well, CGF and sometimes a few of the others (not that there is anything wrong w/that). :-)