Cardale traded to chargers!!

I don't like this trade.

There was no reason to do this if all you were going to get was a lousy conditional 7th.

There aren't enough roster spots for 4 QBs. Nor are there enough practice snaps.

Cardale was the odd man out. If we hadn't traded him to the Chargers for a 7th, we would have released him.

Edited by hondo in seattle

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an interesting prospect and he didnt impress, on to the next.

When his work ethic snd commitment were uncertain getting a 7th back isnt the worse thing.

Reading that bit was kinda surprising. is it for real or just fluff?

Lynn thinks he can get something from the kid.

Or is it just a friendly deal and handshake between Buffalo and Chargers.

Helping a brother out?

seems everyone wins a little bit in this deal though, so pretty cool by me

There aren't enough roster spots for 4 QBs. Nor are there enough practice snaps.

Cardale was the odd man out. If we hadn't traded him to the Chargers for a 7th, we would have released him.

Yep, they decided he wasn't in the top 3. Best to get something. They could try to practice squad him, but they have no roster spots so that won't work. Take the pick (hopefully) and move on. Then pray he doesn't end up in the HOF.

That's the funny part... I like Peterman, but I've seen him throw some TERRIBLE balls as a collegiate... I mean, he was un-watchable at TENN.. While solid at PITT, he was far from masterful in that offense...

Side by side, Peterman is less athletic, less accomplished, with a FAR weaker arm than Jones... I'm eager to see what Beane thinks he has as far as QB depth.

Less accomplished?

Cardale Jones was benched at OSU during a game against Eastern Kentucky.

Peterman started every game his junior and senior year while Cardale was benched twice in his last year at OSU.

I don't like this trade.

There was no reason to do this if all you were going to get was a lousy conditional 7th.

Cutting gets you nothing.

Is a conditional 7th better than nothing?

God forbid TJ Yates ever sees the field in a regular season game.

If Kelly Holcomb sucked twice as bad......he'd be TJ Yates........and that Holcomb/Mularkey season was arguably the sloppiest, most unwatchable, uninspired football in the drought.

Send in McCowns! Annnnyyyyyyy McCowns!

:) :) :)

I don't know Badol.....I was at RWS for the game against NE when Van Pelt was the starter. That too was pretty freaking awful!

Yep, they decided he wasn't in the top 3. Best to get something. They could try to practice squad him, but they have no roster spots so that won't work. Take the pick (hopefully) and move on. Then pray he doesn't end up in the HOF.

As the Janitor?

:) :) :)

I don't know Badol.....I was at RWS for the game against NE when Van Pelt was the starter. That too was pretty freaking awful!

Top this: Bills - Panthers, both like 1-10 or something, Van Pelt vs. Weinke. Only good thing was we got free tickets from Kris Jenkins.

Less accomplished?

Cardale Jones was benched at OSU during a game against Eastern Kentucky.

Peterman started every game his junior and senior year while Cardale was benched twice in his last year at OSU.

Cutting gets you nothing.

Is a conditional 7th better than nothing?

Eastern Kentucky? They didn't even play them. What are you talking about...

Btw he was not benched twice. They played 2 QBs starting in game 1 that year because Barrett had red zone packages. He was replaced as starter after the Penn State game. He had to start again a couple weeks later when Barrett got suspended for a week. He wasn't benched again, Barrett just returned from suspension.

And I'm not defending him as an NFL QB, I've always said he has traits to do it but I have no idea if he will develop. But never measure a qb's NFL potential based on how well he runs Urban meyer's RPO. The fact he wasn't the type of QB to most effectively run the college spread doesn't hurt him, it helps him as a pro prospect.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Eastern Kentucky? They didn't even play them. What are you talking about...

Btw he was not benched twice. They played 2 QBs starting in game 1 that year because Barrett had red zone packages. He was replaced as starter after the Penn State game. He had to start again a couple weeks later when Barrett got suspended for a week. He wasn't benched again, Barrett just returned from suspension.

And I'm not defending him as an NFL QB, I've always said he has traits to do it but I have no idea if he will develop. But never measure a qb's NFL potential based on how well he runs Urban meyer's RPO. The fact he wasn't the type of QB to most effectively run the college spread doesn't hurt him, it helps him as a pro prospect.

I didn't follow OSU intently but I was looking this stuff up when we drafted Cardale.

I got Eastern Kentucky mixed up with Northern Illinois.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/09/20/ohio-state-buckeyes-cardale-jones-twitter-bio-second-string

Cardale Jones's Twitter bio channeled the great DJ Khaled after Ohio State's 20–13 win over Northern Illinois: It changed...a lot.

Jones was benched in the middle of the game for J.T. Barrett for the second straight week, and it appeared that he changed his personal statement on his account shortly afterward, referring to his new, possibly temporary status as second string quarterback. See below:

https://www.thelantern.com/2015/10/cardale-jones-benched-but-ohio-state-grinds-out-38-10-win-over-penn-state/

The “Dark Night at The ‘Shoe” turned out to be a dreary one for Ohio State’s passing game, but the ground attack and defense pulled through for a 38-10 win over Penn State in front of the second-largest crowd in Ohio Stadium history of 108,423.

For the second time in 2015, redshirt junior starting quarterback Cardale Jones was benched in favor of redshirt sophomore J.T. Barrett for an extended time after going just 9-of-15 for 84 yards. Combined with Barrett’s 30 yards through the air, the Buckeyes were held to a season-low 114 yards passing.

Edited by Teeflebees

I didn't follow OSU intently but I was looking this stuff up when we drafted Cardale.

I got Eastern Kentucky mixed up with Northern Illinois.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2015/09/20/ohio-state-buckeyes-cardale-jones-twitter-bio-second-string

https://www.thelantern.com/2015/10/cardale-jones-benched-but-ohio-state-grinds-out-38-10-win-over-penn-state/

For the second time in 2015, redshirt junior starting quarterback Cardale Jones was benched in favor of redshirt sophomore J.T. Barrett for an extended time after going just 9-of-15 for 84 yards. Combined with Barretts 30 yards through the air, the Buckeyes were held to a season-low 114 yards passing.

They didn't follow OSU either. They were playing both QBs because Barrett had all red zone packages. Eventually the red zone got pushed out further - lol. It wasn't like he kept getting "benched." Again - the offense was changed after Herman left back to a true spread and the new OC couldn't adjust to Cardake's strengths. He was a holdover from Tressel and not recruited for this offense. This offense wants the QB to run the option and run himself - a lot. He was not being shifted in and out based on his abilities as a pro QB - it was the opposite.

Top this: Bills - Panthers, both like 1-10 or something, Van Pelt vs. Weinke. Only good thing was we got free tickets from Kris Jenkins.

I cant top that but I was at the game that we lost 6-3. I think we were playing Cleveland.

We had a major fumble as I recall.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Not sure why fans continue to gobble up anything that OBD does.

All the new regime did was cover up and clear the path for Peterman to get reps.

Didn't even make him compete for the job.

And don't give me Yates is real competition.

And don't give me that a 7th Rounder is something with the way this team drafts.

Bills protecting their favorites again, especially at QB.

Not sure why fans continue to gobble up anything that OBD does.

All the new regime did was cover up and clear the path for Peterman to get reps.

Didn't even make him compete for the job.

And don't give me Yates is real competition.

And don't give me that a 7th Rounder is something with the way this team drafts.

Bills protecting their favorites again, especially at QB.

nv94lzgektoevm3aer6u.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective