The Tyrod Taylor Question

oh boy. King of the Tyrod defenders is / was having a busy night defending his champion.

He is what we though he is jm2009. Preseason or not. Put some freaking points on the board!!!!

Tyrod needs 4 years of the same WRs and an All Pro o-line before we can pass judgement.

don't forget a top 5 defense!!!

Maybe a name change - jm2009excuses

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new offense requires TT to do exactly what he isn't good at - throwing accurate anticipatory timing throws. It's to an almost whole new receiving corps, Clay aside. I'll give him that. But if early returns are an indication of the season in general, then we will be seeing Peterman.

Agree. I think people really underrated how much Roman's simple actually helped him.

Agree. I think people really underrated how much Roman's simple actually helped him.

He wasn't good last night, make no mistake, but he also go no favors whatsoever. Pass Pro was rough all night, and several of his throws were out on time and placed well, but the receiver either stumbled or didn't get their head around after their break. Hopefully the O gets their crap together.

I won't make any assessment of Tyrod in the new offense until the starting OL is intact and he has a full complement of weapons.

Of course the test will be September when the lights come on. But the fact is that unless he can get the timing between his feet and release right this is going to look ugly. Tyrod seems to have this kind of mini "bounce" he does when he reaches the top of his drop before he winds up to throw the ball... that half a second delay is enough to throw the timing off in this scheme. He has to get this stuff down or else it is half the playbook that becomes basically unusable

He wasn't good last night, make no mistake, but he also go no favors whatsoever. Pass Pro was rough all night, and several of his throws were out on time and placed well, but the receiver either stumbled or didn't get their head around after their break. Hopefully the O gets their crap together.

He did get no help. But with all the help in the world unless he gets this timing down he cannot run this offense.

Of course the test will be September when the lights come on. But the fact is that unless he can get the timing between his feet and release right this is going to look ugly. Tyrod seems to have this kind of mini "bounce" he does when he reaches the top of his drop before he winds up to throw the ball... that half a second delay is enough to throw the timing off in this scheme. He has to get this stuff down or else it is half the playbook that becomes basically unusable

He did get no help. But with all the help in the world unless he gets this timing down he cannot run this offense.

Timing is definitely still a work in progress. You noted his frustration, some of that was from lack of execution on his part, but some of it was also on the ones that he executed and still didn't work out.

he did not impress much for a preseason game, certainly didn't help his cause and as mentioned new offensive scheme and receivers so timing may improve?

Oline didn't help much either.

Another same tired excuse. Good QBs can make OLs look much better

good Olines can make a QB look much better as well, you can not deny that.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

he did not impress much for a preseason game, certainly didn't help his cause and as mentioned new offensive scheme and receivers so timing may improve?

Oline didn't help much either.

good Olines can make a QB look much better as well, you can not deny that.

Again going in 3 years starting the excuses are over.

We're making Tyrod do what opposing teams do to stop him....make him play QB.

We will struggle passing the ball again this year like we have had the last two years. He's just not a guy that can play the position inside the pocket very well.

Beane stated that they want a guy who can deliver the ball from within the pocket so I get why they are putting Tyrod in that position.....they want to see if he can do it in preseason.

Once the regular season starts, I think they'll roll him out A LOT more. But you can't do that every play....he has to gain some ability to throw inside the pocket with some consistency if we want to do anything this year.

Another same tired excuse. Good QBs can make OLs look much better

You're not exactly an objective observer, so I will continue to reserve judgment until I see him operate in the offense next week in the regular season dress rehearsal and beyond as the season progresses.

You're not exactly an objective observer, so I will continue to reserve judgment until I see him operate in the offense next week in the regular season dress rehearsal and beyond as the season progresses.

Actually i really am. Certain people just dont want to hear negatives about this guy

I won't make any assessment of Tyrod in the new offense until the starting OL is intact and he has a full complement of weapons.

Good QBs make their OL and weapons look good.

When you need the OL and weapons to make a QB look good, you have a QB problem and are going nowhere fast

This team is in a rebuild...what are you trying to win? I want to win the best QB in the 2018 draft because that will lead to real success, not another 7-9 8-8 garbage that you and others here eat up like good little boys.

I support the QB. I went to the game with my Bills gear and did my thing regardless.

That doesn't mean I can't hold the opinion that TT is not a good QB and that I want to move on sooner rather than later so we can start truly contending faster.

This is what you and others may never understand. I feel like I should be able to speak freely here with my fellow Bills fans, but apparently I must not be overly critical or too blunt about certain things or I'm evil.

It's cool...I have been trying to lay off this subject, but the games get me going.

You can speak freely. Your problem is you always have to throw in something extra with your opinion like "good little boys" or "The CoT"

This is the reason I don't like you and many others don't either. When you get called out on it you start playing victim.

You can post your opinion without being so aggressive against others who don't share it.

Edited by Scott7975

You play Peterman if you say you play to win.

lol because the offense scored a whopping 6 points when he was on the field, against backups. With this logic, start Yates because he scored the only TD.

When you need the OL and weapons to make a QB look good, you have a QB problem and are going nowhere fast

So Luck is a bust? TT is no Luck, but the point is you need a complete team.

Nonsense. There have been many QBs who have been beaten to a pulp with no supporting cast. Give me one example of a QB who did things all by himself with no line or weapons who was successful on any consistent basis. Just one.

Nonsense. There have been many QBs who have been beaten to a pulp with no supporting cast. Give me one example of a QB who did things all by himself with no line or weapons who was successful on any consistent basis. Just one.

Even Brady has had a very good O line throughout his career.