Adolphus Washington update

he has a right to have a weapon. The police seemed to have over reacted in a hostile environment that this world carries against them

Edit. No. The police didn't overreact. They did what they should. Allowed him a chance in court to answer for this after what seemed like a possible unlawful possession.

By the accounts I read :

(1) There are no real villains here. Washington had a right to have his gun. The cops had a right to be concerned. AW just got careless handling the damn thing, causing events to snowball. When they did, Washington acted reasonably well and the cops were professional (they didn't shoot anybody).

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/23/training-camp-countdown-4-will-sean-mcdermott-adolphus-washington/

As officers came toward Washington with their guns drawn, they scream at him not to move. Later, after he is in custody, video shows Washington sitting in the back of a police car. A voice off camera, presumably that of an officer, tells him "you don't know how lucky you are, man. That was close, buddy. Very close.

"Why in the hell would you have that gun in your hand with a cop standing right in front of you? What would you be thinking? I saw you reach for it. I knew something was up."

Cannot watch video so relying on someone else's comment but the two comments do not seem to go together. That comment about being "lucky" does not seem professional.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has a right to have a weapon. The police seemed to have over reacted in a hostile environment that this world carries against them

Edit. No. The police didn't overreact. They did what they should. Allowed him a chance in court to answer for this after what seemed like a possible unlawful possession.

So you're saying that he was simply exercising his constitutional right, so "nothing to see here."

Interesting.

...but why would you invite Goodell's microscope to watch your every move?.....seriously?...carrying to a water park that is principally a children's venue?.....any common sense here?......Jesus.........

LA already summed it up.

So you're saying that he was simply exercising his constitutional right, so "nothing to see here."

Interesting.

essentially.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/07/23/training-camp-countdown-4-will-sean-mcdermott-adolphus-washington/

Cannot watch video so relying on someone else's comment but the two comments do not seem to go together. That comment about being "lucky" does not seem professional.

having a gun in your hand is not illegal. he will likely get off on this, and should.

of course, if he got shot i would also be among those saying he is an idiot.

being stupid isn't illegal. it used to be, but it isn't anymore of recent history.

hopefully, he can wipe this off his record, with a cloth or something

Edited by Boyst62

I don't want to derail the thread and I also don't want it to go anywhere - it's a good thread, and I apologize to the OP. I'm gonna give it 5 minutes, then delete my comments about how handsome you are. You should delete your responses so there's no record of our love affair. My bad for bringing it up.

we can do that

Washington was driving a three-wheeled vehicle with an open top at the time, which implies that it was not possible for a weapon to be placed out of sight.

We now know that the vehicle that Washington was arrested in was a Polaris Slingshot, which he was seen sitting in while engaging with police in NSFW video of the incident released by TMZ.com. You can watch the video by clicking this link.

I think it gets dismissed , the important thing he looked sober in the police car video.

That's a cool looking vehicle he has btw

Edited by ALF

By the accounts I read :

(1) There are no real villains here. Washington had a right to have his gun. The cops had a right to be concerned. AW just got careless handling the damn thing, causing events to snowball. When they did, Washington acted reasonably well and the cops were professional (they didn't shoot anybody).

(2) One might wonder why anyone thinks he needs a gun to go to a gawdforsaken water park, but that's just me......

(3) By the time this fizzles out, I suspect the biggest embarrassment won't be on Washington - though he's not without fault - but all the sportswriters (national & local) who rushed in with their warmed-over pieties. Washington must be cut immediately was a typical sermon. It only took a day or two for the mundane facts to emerge, but they just couldn't wait.

Just in case some 12yr old asks for an autograph ;)

Being a cop is hard. Respect to the officer who kept his cool and didn't discharge.

#thinblueline

So, reward someone hired to protect and serve for not shooting first and asking questions later? Yikes! That just goes to show how lowly our society has become. No dig at you,sir. Just a reference to society in general

So, reward someone hired to protect and serve for not shooting first and asking questions later? Yikes! That just goes to show how lowly our society has become. No dig at you,sir. Just a reference to society in general

Sorry man I just dont agree with this

The number two rule of a law enforcement officer

When your shift is over......make sure you go home alive

This is going into the political area which I never venture.....but if you are going to have a gun in your lap next to police officer's...your just asking for it to be honest.

Funny. Now that the season is near, I've been tuning back to Sirius NFL, and caught Vic Carucci and some other talking head mention a tweet by LeSean McCoy about how, in life, you make good decisions or bad choices.

That was all he wrote, but it gave Carucci the segue he needed to say he doesn't want to speculate what McCoy was talking about, but if he had to, he'd speculate that tweet was about Washington, and how it almost escalated into something horrible, and that led to talking about Washington's character, and that led to talking about a hooker in college.

Guns and hookers. That's a sportswriter's wet dream exacta. Most sportswriters LOVE it when sports figures get in trouble, especially with something like guns, so they can take their high-and-mighty act on the road for click baits and interviews.

People who carry always carry. It's not something they do based on where they're going to be. That may not make sense to you, but that doesn't mean it makes no sense to everyone.

You are correct. I carry or have it in my truck. The problem with AW is that the cops said he was handling it which is a totally different issue. I dont know if it was holstered or not but there is no need to touch it unless you think you will need it.

having a gun in your hand is not illegal. he will likely get off on this, and should.

of course, if he got shot i would also be among those saying he is an idiot.

being stupid isn't illegal. it used to be, but it isn't anymore of recent history.

hopefully, he can wipe this off his record, with a cloth or something

Actually having the gun in your hand can be illegal....brandishing. Unless he felt threatened and can say it was a defensive display then he may be in trouble. Hard to say you feel threatened with cops around you. Then again I wasnt there so I cant say much about what was going on.

Sorry man I just dont agree with this

The number two rule of a law enforcement officer

When your shift is over......make sure you go home alive

This is going into the political area which I never venture.....but if you are going to have a gun in your lap next to police officer's...your just asking for it to be honest.

Isn't that EVERYONE'S rule? To go home alive?

Well...mine to. I still have a lot of respect for those that put themselves in harms way for a living.

It WAS my number 2 rule when I was in the military.

I think when I was in the military, mine was to get laid. Number one rule was to get hammered.