All-Drought Teams

Rico

Great post, Adding some Head coaches to the gong show!

1st Team, All-Drought Stars

Wade Phillips, I get it he was there in 98 but he was also there for the start of the draught. Has to be your HC

2nd Team, All-Drought Stars

Mike Mularkey

1st Team, All-Drought Suck

Dick Jauron

2nd Team, All-Drought Suck

Chan Galley .333 win percentage

Agree accept for Gailey. Greg Williams has to be # 2 suckiest.

There's been some good discussion and constructive criticism in this thread since the OP.

But I've got to say I'm awed by Rico's original lists. Not because they're perfect, but because Rico can remember all those guys.

I think I could put together a pretty good first team All Drought Stars from memory. But Rico's 2nd Team All-Drought Suck list?!?!? I'd happily forgotten most of those guys.

Nice job, Rico!

I'm not going to lie, I spent about an hour looking at rosters on profootballreference.com. :lol:

Good lists. I'd have Ted Washington on there somewhere tho.

He was there in 2000. I don't remember how good he was that year, other than he was sorely missed in 2001.

Nice work Rico! It's great that you threw in Jerman.

I must say that no list of awful Bills players would be complete without OG Marcus Spriggs. Marques Sullivan was depressingly awful as well.

Jerman earned his spot, but that was a shout-out just for you. :lol: I wanted to find room for Kirk Chambers too, but there just wasn't any room.

Saddest part was I couldn't find 4 star OTs and 2 star C's. I'm not sure about Langston Walker. Fina was there, but he was such a turnstile at the end. I held my nose and picked Trey Teague 2nd team.

Edited by Rico

Peak Bledsoe would be a great option as a distributor on an all star team. Great line in front of him and talent surrounding leaves him probably the best pure passer by quite a bit.

We never had peak bledsoe, we had skip it to his receivers bledsoe after his first like 8 games.

Great, great players...DT is probably the strongest position in the drought era along with RB, CB and LT

Surprised to not see Henry on there. Considering he was good here, and we basically.. buried him for McGahee who immediately bailed the first chance he could.

That was always the excuse with Bledsoe. Even back to his days in New England.

Get him a better line, better receivers, better run game and he will be good.... It was never his fault....Then Tom Brady comes in and the rest is history.

Right... Carson Palmer is kind of the new Bledsoe in that regard. His numbers are a bit better, but different Eras.

Right... Carson Palmer is kind of the new Bledsoe in that regard. His numbers are a bit better, but different Eras.

Funny, I was just watching the Amazon series on the Cardinals and thinking that Carson Palmer is the new Bledsoe.

Who was the right guard in 2014 when Marrone wouldn't play Kraig Urbik because of a supposed vendetta against him? Have to put him on the all suck team? Was it Cyril Richardson?

Edited by Cheektavegas Charlie

I was so pissed after that Steelers game. I didn't think anything could top that...

... I never knew I could be so wrong.

what has topped that? Win and get into the playoffs. Although looking back at it, the "backups" who beat us included quite a number of Steelers who became starters on their SB winning teams.

I might cast a vote for Edwards. He might be my least favorite Bills player. He didn't want to play football. Guys that can't play are one thing but a guy that stinks and is scared is the worst.

that hit against Arizona back in 04 or 05 and he just seemed to lose interest. It was odd.

Funny, I was just watching the Amazon series on the Cardinals and thinking that Carson Palmer is the new Bledsoe.

Who was the right guard in 2014 when Marrone wouldn't play Kraig Urbik because of a supposed vendetta against him? Have to put him on the all suck team? Was it Cyril Richardson?

While we did add richardson in 2014, we still had Urbik. I think you're thinking of Erik Pears. Who was terrible.

I'd replace Butler with Chris Villarrial, his time with Buffalo was short, but he was solid.

Flowers all sucks more than Kelsey.

I might replace Walker with Gandy for 2nd team, again, Gandy wasn't great, but he was a inexpensive option that outplayed his contract.

Ko Simpson should be all sucks too

I hear ya!

Villarrial was actually good at RG but once he got hurt he was horrid.

Flowers was painfully bad.

I agree wrt Gandy. He was really a backup but Walker truly did suck. He couldn't move and by the time he got out of his stance defenders were by him.

The Bills, especially under Levy and Jauron, paid little attention to the OL. These chronic losers cared about the secondary above all. If the Bills had a decent OL they would have made some playoff appearances. Even now I differ with those who think our OL is good. I think that Tyrod masks their weakness just like Flutie did. IMO they are poor on the right side and Wood is an average at best center. I hope the rookie can play.

Jmo.

Even now I differ with those who think our OL is good. I think that Tyrod masks their weakness just like Flutie did. IMO they are poor on the right side and Wood is an average at best center. I hope the rookie can play.

Jmo.

Maybe if they protect for 9 seconds our Quarterback will actually throw the darn ball?

I think our line now is good. Not great, but good. For most of the drought it was horrific.

Edited by GunnerBill

Roscoe Parrish

Travis Henry

Ryan Denney

Josh Reed

Jeff Posey

Mark Campbell

Tim Euhus

Ross Tucker

Angelo Crowell

Larry Tripplett

Ko Simpson

Derrick Dockery

Langston Walker

Marcus Stroud

Demetress Bell

Kevin Everett (RIP)

Coy Wire

Shawn Merriman

Donald Jones

Thaddeus Lewis

While we did add richardson in 2014, we still had Urbik. I think you're thinking of Erik Pears. Who was terrible.

Oh man, Pears was sooooo bad.

Even now I differ with those who think our OL is good. I think that Tyrod masks their weakness just like Flutie did. IMO they are poor on the right side and Wood is an average at best center. I hope the rookie can play.

Jmo.

I think the O Line is mostly spectacular at run blocking but the pass pro is spotty, particularly on the right side. I agree that Wood is average, but he's become a fan favorite for other reasons and it seems to overshadow some of his poor play. I would have half a mind to start Groy at center at this point.