Stephon Gilmore quietly disses Buffalo Bills on Twitter

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tweet tweet!

My People finally going to get to see me play on tv. #Patsnation#aboutthattime

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/07/new_england_patriots_cb_stephon_gilmore_takes_shot_at_buffalo_bills.html

did a search, did not see any discussion.

thoughts?

This kind of lends a bit of credence to a theory I've brought up a number of times over the past couple years - that one of the reasons I felt Gilmore would not end up re-signing in Buffalo was because he wanted to play on prime time TV much more often.

IMO, He always seemed jealous to me that he wasn't mentioned as one of the top CB's in the NFL, and I really think that he felt the reason for that was because he didn't get the national spotlight that some other CB's get.

I don't think that was the only reason he didn't sign here. Money and winning were likely bigger factors, but I do think it was part of the reason.

This kind of lends a bit of credence to a theory I've brought up a number of times over the past couple years - that one of the reasons I felt Gilmore would not end up re-signing in Buffalo was because he wanted to play on prime time TV much more often.

IMO, He always seemed jealous to me that he wasn't mentioned as one of the top CB's in the NFL, and I really think that he felt the reason for that was because he didn't get the national spotlight that some other CB's get.

I don't think that was the only reason he didn't sign here. Money and winning were likely bigger factors, but I do think it was part of the reason.

I'm sure there's some credence to a cross section of players being frustrated that either A) when at the clubs girls don't know their names cause buffalo doesn't get coverage or B) at thanksgiving dinner their uncle says "why don't I ever see you on Monday night football" and it bugs them

Just part of being a small market that isn't winning

Gilmores a good player.

And yes the same will happen with Sammy if the Bills don't pay him. Except Sammy is a better WR then Gilmore is a corner, IMO. Not a dig at Gilmore, I just think Sammys a top 5 WR in the league if healthy.

But he has never been top 5 in health.

Plenty of Bills fans have been dogging him since he got drafted because he didn't smile.

He's been called overrated since he's been here. Well, the best team in the NFL paid him a lot of money. Maybe we can start treating our good players better while they are here. See Watkins, Sammy.

Did Gilmore not sign with the Bills because of mean tweets?

I'm sure there's some credence to a cross section of players being frustrated that either A) when at the clubs girls don't know their names cause buffalo doesn't get coverage or B) at thanksgiving dinner their uncle says "why don't I ever see you on Monday night football" and it bugs them

Just part of being a small market that isn't winning

Why do you try so hard?

Why do you try so hard?

We get guys that like deer too - there are trade offs but so be it. As a small market that hasn't won in two decades, it's hard to hate a 20-something for wanting to be in the spotlight.

It's also a pointless tweet that accomplished nothing positive for him, so like the Sammy ones - it's not particularly smart either

so many sour grapes in this thread. Let it go he doesn't play here anymore

For real. He was crapped on by a ton of fans from the second he got drafted and didn't smile.

According to Bills fans, he was overrated anyways. Let him get paid a ton of money by that crappy team and let's concentrate on running Sammy out of town.

We get guys that like deer too - there are trade offs but so be it. As a small market that hasn't won in two decades, it's hard to hate a 20-something for wanting to be in the spotlight.

It's also a pointless tweet that accomplished nothing positive for him, so like the Sammy ones - it's not particularly smart either

I mean, you try very hard to believe silly situations like he was just making a statement. He didn't mean for anyone to be offended. You have to wrap your head far around the back to believe he didn't know what he was tweeting.

I mean, you try very hard to believe silly situations like he was just making a statement. He didn't mean for anyone to be offended. You have to wrap your head far around the back to believe he didn't know what he was tweeting.

What a bunch of babies some fans are. Most Bills fans are great. But there are ton who have crapped on the guy since day 1. They harass him on social media.

He sends one tweet and some people are crying about. I'm so sick of thin skinned losers who love to dish it out but can't take it.

General rule: treat people that way you would if you interacted with them in person.