• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tie between 4 growing up

Frosted Flakes/ Honeycomb/ Fruit Loops/Apple Jacks

Now

Frosted Mini Wheats...

I love cereal, but try to not eat much anymore...most of it is just awful for you...I am a Plain Greek Yogurt and fruit guy...lord might as well just kill myself now I am so old

Ant BTW Teef, almost 100% of cereals are "sugar" cereals

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/breakfast-was-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day--until-america-ruined-it/2017/05/12/f1d0e128-368c-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?utm_term=.7e1c2300fa18

Edited by plenzmd1

Tie between 4 growing up

Frosted Flakes/ Honeycomb/ Fruit Loops/Apple Jacks

Now

Frosted Mini Wheats...

I love cereal, but try to not eat much anymore...most of it is just awful for you...I am a Plain Greek Yogurt and fruit guy...lord might as well just kill myself now I am so old

Ant BTW Teef, almost 100% of cereals are "sugar" cereals

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/breakfast-was-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day--until-america-ruined-it/2017/05/12/f1d0e128-368c-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?utm_term=.7e1c2300fa18

True they all have sugar but something like Golden Grahams has 14.7 grams of sugar per serving when Honey Bunches it Oats has 6.

Still not healthy but at least sugar is cut in half.

True they all have sugar but something like Golden Grahams has 14.7 grams of sugar per serving when Honey Bunches it Oats has 6.

Still not healthy but at least sugar is cut in half.

It's not just the sugar that s in the cereal, it's that the carbs in almost all cereal are instantly turned into sugar once you consume it.

Frankenberry

Frankenberry-611.jpg

Until this: FrankenPoo Scare

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-1970s-monster-cereal-that-caused-a-pink-poop-panic

Oh... I still love it! :-)

Count Chocula (from the 1980's, today's version is crap)

I don't eat cereal now because I became lactose intolerant in my mid 30's.

Use it with Vanilla almond/cashew milk. Screw cow's milk.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Then: corn chex

Now: kashi go lean (can't beat it for calories for the quantity)

As a kid, we ate a bunch of sugary cereals all the time. So, the novelty wore off and I gravitated toward just corn chex. I always found it to be humorous that when I got to college, a lot of kids went off the deep end, eating sugary cereal

For the first time; I remember one kid that ate two bowls of lucky charms for every meal!

My wife's family is the model of decorum and lace curtain Irish. My brother in-law, I was told would eat a bowl of sugary cereal after every meal, even dinner. It has been said to have rocked the family decorum to its core. He does have three older sisters, so they played along with it as best they could!

Shredded Wheat-from Niagara Falls, Rice Crispies, Frosted Mini Wheat. Been Celiac since 2001 so very limited now. No wheat, oats, barley or rye. Can't figure out how they got the gluten out of Honey Nut Cheerios, but that's an option now. Can get mass quantities at Costco, for not too much $$. Can't believe the prices at Wegmans, even for their store brands. High prices and tiny boxes.

Shredded Wheat-from Niagara Falls, Rice Crispies, Frosted Mini Wheat. Been Celiac since 2001 so very limited now. No wheat, oats, barley or rye. Can't figure out how they got the gluten out of Honey Nut Cheerios, but that's an option now. Can get mass quantities at Costco, for not too much $$. Can't believe the prices at Wegmans, even for their store brands. High prices and tiny boxes.

I volunteered at a food bank earlier this year. They had about a 1000 boxes of gluten free cheerios that The company donated. The reason was that the boxes all said "gluten free," but they were not. We spent the day re-labaleing them. So watch out for those cheerios!