Larsen C ice shelf breaks off

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That just proves it's a government cover-up.

Still having fun with this topic (for the record) - but you do have to admit the assorted list of recent visitors is odd.

* Kirill was there supposedly to bless an orthodox chapel - when literally anyone from the church could have done that job.

* Kerry chose the day of the most contentious election in recent history to go sight seeing.

* Buzz Aldrin made several space references on his trip, and some rumors (dubious ones, but again, we're having fun here) claim his sudden illness while visiting there was actually caused by his exposure to advanced technology.

* High Jump and the Nazi excursions themselves were strange and filled with unanswered questions (how did Byrd's armada really lose two ships, several planes and personnel - all to inclement weather?).

* Then there's all the pop-culture references to something hidden down there, from Cussler's book to the X-Files movie to Alien v Predator people have been telling stories about something hidden under the ice shelf for decades now. What's the old saying? Many a truth is said in jest...

* Lockheed's presence is interesting too because it's recent (only since 2011 they won a 2b bid to go there: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/news/press-releases/2011/december/1228-antartic-program.html), we can't test weapons on Antarctica based on treaties (though we could be violating them as we're so fond of doing), but besides weapons development, Lockheed specializes in secure communications and information storage... which you'd need if you really were doing top secret data collection down there on some sort of archaeological find. Of course you'd also probably find it useful if you're doing basic scientific research there as well... which several nations are... so...

It's all a big ball of crazy if you look at it from the surface.

But what's undeniable is that at some point in Earth's history the continent had no ice. If you subscribe to the belief that humans have been around for much longer than just 200,000 years (see guys like Graham Hancock's work for example) then it's certainly plausible that there once were settlements of some kind on Antarctica before it was covered in ice. The discovery of human settlements - even if they're primitive/ancient - under the ice would rewrite everything we know about our origins on this planet.

You wouldn't even need a giant conspiracy to get there, no ETs or Nazi bases... just simply the revelation that civilization did not begin in cradle of civilization would be paradigm shifting for numerous fields of study.

...Of course if that ancient human civilization were also more technologically advanced... well that'd be a different ball of crazy. :ph34r:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Still having fun with this topic (for the record) - but you do have to admit the assorted list of recent visitors is odd.

* Kirill was there supposedly to bless an orthodox chapel - when literally anyone from the church could have done that job.

* Kerry chose the day of the most contentious election in recent history to go sight seeing.

* Buzz Aldrin made several space references on his trip, and some rumors (dubious ones, but again, we're having fun here) claim his sudden illness while visiting there was actually caused by his exposure to advanced technology.

* High Jump and the Nazi excursions themselves were strange and filled with unanswered questions (how did Byrd's armada really lose two ships, several planes and personnel - all to inclement weather?).

* Then there's all the pop-culture references to something hidden down there, from Cussler's book to the X-Files movie to Alien v Predator people have been telling stories about something hidden under the ice shelf for decades now. What's the old saying? Many a truth is said in jest...

* Lockheed's presence is interesting too because it's recent (only since 2011 they won a 2b bid to go there: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/news/press-releases/2011/december/1228-antartic-program.html), we can't test weapons on Antarctica based on treaties (though we could be violating them as we're so fond of doing), but besides weapons development, Lockheed specializes in secure communications and information storage... which you'd need if you really were doing top secret data collection down there on some sort of archaeological find. Of course you'd also probably find it useful if you're doing basic scientific research there as well... which several nations are... so...

It's all a big ball of crazy if you look at it from the surface.

But what's undeniable is that at some point in Earth's history the continent had no ice. If you subscribe to the belief that humans have been around for much longer than just 200,000 years (see guys like Graham Hancock's work for example) then it's certainly plausible that there once were settlements of some kind on Antarctica before it was covered in ice. The discovery of human settlements - even if they're primitive/ancient - under the ice would rewrite everything we know about our origins on this planet.

You wouldn't even need a giant conspiracy to get there, no ETs or Nazi bases... just simply the revelation that civilization did not begin in cradle of civilization would be paradigm shifting for numerous fields of study.

...Of course if that ancient human civilization were also more technologically advanced... well that'd be a different ball of crazy. :ph34r:

Of course, we both know what they're hiding there...

There used to be a Larsen "E", but someone stole it.

[This is an automated response.]

1icr79.jpg

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.11.

I hope man caused global warming is a hoax because the Bills need to keep that December home field advantage.

The Great Lakes are supposed to get colder and snowier under global warming, so you should be hoping it's true.

I hope man caused global warming is a hoax because the Bills need to keep that December home field advantage.

You mean January for weeks 16, 17, and the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs?

The Great Lakes are supposed to get colder and snowier under global warming, so you should be hoping it's true.

Oh. Shows how much I know. LOL. I'm willing to sacrifice the future for a Bills Superbowl.

You mean January for weeks 16, 17, and the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs?

I was trying to be realistic. Week 17 is on December 31 this year.

EPA’S PRUITT ASKS FOR TV CLIMATE DEBATE, Jon Gabriel writes at Ricochet:

The science may not be settled, but EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt wants it televised. He raised the idea of a TV climate change debate in
:

“There are lots of questions that have not been asked and answered (about climate change),” EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt told Reuters in an interview late on Monday.

“Who better to do that than a group of scientists … getting together and having a robust discussion for all the world to see,” he added without explaining how the scientists would be chosen.

Asked if he thought the de
bate should be televised, Pruitt said: “I think so. I think so. I mean, I don’t know yet, but you want this to be open to the world. You want this to be on full display. I think the American people would be very interested in consuming that. I think they deserve it.”

We do deserve it, especially since every proposed solution involves raising our taxes, damaging our economy, and making citizens more submissive to federal and global bureaucracies.

Please make this happen — Pruitt will compile hours of potential footage for the Trump reelection campaign video b-roll. In addition to the smug condescension of haughty climate scientists speaking to Pruitt as if he’s Cletus The Slack-Jawed Yokel, the apocalyptic doomsday rhetoric and proposed solutions would be a riot.

I wonder if John Holdren, Obama’s “Science” “Czar,” could be invited to discuss eugenics (i.e. forced abortions and mass sterilization) and shooting rockets into the atmosphere filled with pollution to blot out the sun?

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/269857/

But colder and snowier don't necessarily go together. All of us from WNY know that our abundance of snow is normally to do with an unfrozen Lake Erie. The sooner that puppy freezes the less likelihood of snow.

There used to be a Larsen "E", but someone stole it.

:lol:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol:

Yeah, I deserve that. I deserve Tom's bot too.

But someone had to say it.... :lol:

It made me laugh too loud while walking out of a meeting :beer: