Larsen C ice shelf breaks off

"Science dogma"?

Yes. I was using that mash-up with regard to the Asian carp thing. The science is so desparately trying to prove that only way the fish will get in the Lake is by swimming North and there is only one way to solve it.

There is a "dogma" when it comes these environmental issues. The one's preaching it are trying to make it seem the science is proving it. This couldn't be more from the truth. I do see the science as being flawed. They aren't adhering properly to the scientific method because the results they are getting is not consistent with their beliefs.

It's like John Harrison and the longitudinal problem. The answer is simply right under our noses, yet the "science consensus" refuse to see it because it spoils the long, hard work of others. It throws that work right out the window.

I just see how this (AC problem) is being run the last two decades. I am actually siding with you the conservatives and libertarians with regard to these environmental concerns and issues.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I hate you for that!!

;)

We are actually running high water on Lake Michigan. First time in 25 years. I found a big ass fish floating when I went to run dam on Thursday. I gaffed him in the swirling water with a 15' pike pole & yanked him out. I was in full freak out mode... Thought it was a silver carp! Anyway, I snapped a ton of pics, before anybody saw what I was doing...

...FF... I work with almost everybody who is an arch conservative. Yes, gov't workers who are pro-Captain Cheeto. If that was a silver, they would tackle me to hide it, bury the evidence. If we find one, it could mean our jobs. They know, I'd have no qualms about packing it up in the Cooler and shipping it off to Michigan or some other place that wants to close us down. I'd have none of that, the truth is the truth. Whatever is found needs to be preserved for evidence, analyzed.

Anyway... It wasn't AC... Eyes were above the mouth and structure different. Silver and bighead, dead giveaway is eyes below mouth. Another giveaway, dorsel fin long spine (see below).

It was American gizzard shad (basically an 8 pound giant silver looking herring):

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_gizzard_shad

I have the pics... If I could just be patient enough and get under site limits, I'd compress them and attach.

Tiberius... To be fair to the righties on here... There is so much the environmentalist bs that the left is hitching their wagons to. I live in a practical industrial driven world. Things gotta change the way the left is moving on these issues. The environmentalists have hijacked the left.

Yet... This is a river 30 short years ago that was dead outside of sludge worms... It is now alive and thriving with 30+ different species... Namely a smallmouth sanctuary... Bass heaven the last few years thanx to environmental stocking efforts and the abundance of round goby (another invasive) and the dreaded zebra mussel. We took the Rambunctious Garden approach to the environmental question and it is paying dividends. I wish the hardcore environmental left would do the same.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

We are actually running high water on Lake Michigan. First time in 25 years. I found a big ass fish floating when I went to run dam on Thursday. I gaffed him in the swirling water with a 15' pike pole & yanked him out. I was in full freak out mode... Thought it was a silver carp! Anyway, I snapped a ton of pics, before anybody saw what I was doing...

...FF... I work with almost everybody who is an arch conservative. Yes, gov't workers who are pro-Captain Cheeto. If that was a silver, they would tackle me to hide it, bury the evidence. If we find one, it could mean our jobs. They know, I'd have no qualms about packing it up in the Cooler and shipping it off to Michigan or some other place that wants to close us down. I'd have none of that, the truth is the truth. Whatever is found needs to be preserved for evidence, analyzed.

Anyway... It wasn't AC... Eyes were above the mouth and structure different. Silver and bighead, dead giveaway is eyes below mouth. Another giveaway, dorsel fin long spine (see below).

It was American gizzard shad (basically an 8 pound giant silver looking herring):https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_gizzard_shad

I have the pics... If I could just be patient enough and get under site limits, I'd compress them and attach.

Tiberius... To be fair to the righties on here... There is so much the environmentalist bs that the left is hitching their wagons to. I live in a practical industrial driven world. Things gotta change the way the left is moving on these issues. The environmentalists have hijacked the left.

Yet... This is a river 30 short years ago that was dead outside of sludge worms... It is now alive and thriving with 30+ different species... Namely a smallmouth sanctuary... Bass heaven the last few years thanx to environmental stocking efforts and the abundance of round goby (another invasive) and the dreaded zebra mussel. We took the Rambunctious Garden approach to the environmental question and it is paying dividends. I wish the hardcore environmental left would do the same.

I sure hope you don't lose your job!

It's too bad that the enviro people go too far, because there are so many simple things that can be done to improve the planet that no one is really doing. Or not enough of. Sure hope they are wrong about the climate change stuff, because the political fallout of just the increased migrations from south to north will be pretty ugly.

I do have to admit to having a lot of fun picking on liberal friends for not being environmentally concscious enough.

There is a "dogma" when it comes these environmental issues. The one's preaching it are trying to make it seem the science is proving it. This couldn't be more from the truth. I do see the science as being flawed. They aren't adhering properly to the scientific method because the results they are getting is not consistent with their beliefs.

There is indeed a dogma held by environmental activists - I completely agree with that. What I do not agree with is calling something 'science' when they do not adhere to scientific method. That's not science, it's just bull$#%@. It's important to make that distinction.

There is indeed a dogma held by environmental activists - I completely agree with that. What I do not agree with is calling something 'science' when they do not adhere to scientific method. That's not science, it's just bull$#%@. It's important to make that distinction.

The issue is the environmental wackos all use science as their battle cry when they're being anything but scientific.

I think we can all agree that the MMGW fanatics essentially are following a religion. Since we can also all agree that there should be separation of church and state we cannot allow our government to get involved with MMGW in any way shape or form. The Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Accord are and were a violation of separation of church and state. In addition, any funding of the elders (so called scientists) of this religion should immediately be cut and we should make all attempts to have that funding returned to the government. In addition, anyone (George Soros comes to mind) who proposed, suggested or in some way coerced the government into violating the separation of church and state shall be held liable up to 100 billion dollars.

No they don't. They use "consensus" as their battle cry.

On the Asian carp front, look up up the guy from THE Ohio State University (or least he was there a few years ago): Konrad Dabrowski.

When all this schit hit the fan 8 years ago, he didn't agree with the consensus.

You simply don't hear too much about him nowadays. If interested, research him. You will get a good alternate perspective from a man who has been studying the species most of his life.