Darnold might stay in school for 2 more years

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do....so did Brady most of his career.

The Bills, Jets and Dolphins haven't been consistently good since 2000.

We've had 9 head coaches since then. 2 interim.

Dolphins had 9 since then. 3 interim.

Jets have had 5.

I didn't look it up but I would guess that since Luck entered the league that the AFC East has a winning record in games vs. the AFC South. The South has been bad on a far different level than Bills/Jets/Fish. Oh...and the other difference....Brady's Pats dominate the division. Luck's Colts squeak by sometimes.

1). The Darnold hype is stupid at this point. He played 9 games in a defensive terrible PAC 12. How about seeing him play a season first?

2) if you are going to be the #1 overall pick and go back to school, you're an idiot. And I'd worry about your commitment to football then. But it worked out great for Matt Leinart's NFL career.

3). Sadly, a guy would be more likely to do this if Buffalo had the #1 pick. Not too many people don't want to go to NYC/ NJ.

4) I think Rosen might be the best qb next year anyways and would probably be a legend in NYC/ NJ.

5) Luck went to overrated to now underrated. They might have had the worst GM in pro sports the last few years. If that team has our qbs instead of Luck, they be routinely picking #1. Bashing Luck for that mess is kinda of insane.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I'm on the Falk bandwagon too. However, I do not see him being a Week 1 starter as a rookie.

I would rather see him holding a clipboard for a year, and have him watch and learn.

I'm fine with that, Tyrod can be optioned for another 😎 Edited by Captain Murica

Thanks everyone. Now I will be obsessing over Luke Faulk too.

His stats look amazing

CBF

All qbs in that offense look amazing.

I'll be following the Chiefs all season. I am not a guy that wants to see players get hurt but if Alex Smith does....I might do a small internal cheer.

I don't think smith makes that huge of a difference. If Mahomes has to play right away that could be a big problem. But if it's halfway through the season, he might be a spark to that team.

5) Luck went to overrated to now underrated. They might have had the worst GM in pro sports the last few years. If that team has our qbs instead of Luck, they be routinely picking #1. Bashing Luck for that mess is kinda of insane.

There is a gigantic difference between "bashing" Luck and acknowledging he is not the savior of the universe.

There is a gigantic difference between "bashing" Luck and acknowledging he is not the savior of the universe.

Luck is a very good player at the most important player in pro sports. If we traded Luck for Tyrod, we would be trendy SB contenders and the Colts would be one of the worst teams in the NFL.

There are NO locks. ZERO. Only some guesses better than others. I won't pretend to be an expert on any of these guys. But I do think sometimes you have to swing the bat. I don't hate Tyrod, so I don't want to reach for another EJ. But if they love a guy at the right place....

This is 100% FALSE... There is one Lock...

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri... 6'4" 225 Junior with a LIVE arm... He won't be out in '18, but heads up for '19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iJI8cAkzg

Luck is a very good player at the most important player in pro sports. If we traded Luck for Tyrod, we would be trendy SB contenders and the Colts would be one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Playoff contenders yes. SB contenders no. The Bills roster has bad depth. The roster at the start of the season two years ago-yes, that one may have been a SB contender with Luck. Not this one. And that team beat Luck the first game.

Playoff contenders yes. SB contenders no. The Bills roster has bad depth. The roster at the start of the season two years ago-yes, that one may have been a SB contender with Luck. Not this one. And that team beat Luck the first game.

Luck would make Sammy, Clay, & Zay monsters. Our oline would be the best he ever played behind and McCoy is a huge upgrade over 95 year old Gore. There is a lot of talent on this offense.

Luck would make Sammy, Clay, & Zay monsters. Our oline would be the best he ever played behind and McCoy is a huge upgrade over 95 year old Gore. There is a lot of talent on this offense.

Kim Jung QB has done nothing. He more often than not makes panicked and very bad decisions in crunch time. Just because everyone says something does not make it true.

L

I don't think smith makes that huge of a difference. If Mahomes has to play right away that could be a big problem. But if it's halfway through the season, he might be a spark to that team.

Mahomes isn't close to being ready. If he has to play this year, it's bad for the Chiefs.

I think he's got a good chance of being deactivated on game days.

Kim Jung QB has done nothing. He more often than not makes panicked and very bad decisions in crunch time. Just because everyone says something does not make it true.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-rated-as-nfl-s-3rd-most-clutch-quarterback-in-2016-011817

This link says the opposite....

Mahomes isn't close to being ready. If he has to play this year, it's bad for the Chiefs.

KC losing games is more important than the Bills winning them in 17'. So here is to hoping they have some sort of implosion and Mahomes sees the field as a result.

Agreed... and since he's a consensus #1 pick already, apparently... he only stands to eff it up. Why not declare and take that pay day??

Exactly. I could be wrong but would bet the following in a second,

He is not staying in school a second longer than if that decision could reduce his draft value. He can still go to school in off season etc etc.........

If Vegas sports books are taking bets that Darnold is staying in school after this year and then again after next year. The people who bet he is staying in school will make Vegas Sports Books rich.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/andrew-luck-rated-as-nfl-s-3rd-most-clutch-quarterback-in-2016-011817

This link says the opposite....

9:36 of the video below called and said LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QrKjZQICrU

And then 2:52 of this video called and claimed first dibs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66Vg__hElk

Seriously. 2 bunnies to keep them in critical division games. 4th and 1 both times and he came up empty. Listen, it happens, but those two plays right there in front of you decry any crap some dude twisted around to make Kim Jung QB look good. He barfed up two division games when they were there for the taking. That is not clutch. This weird obsession people have with idolizing this guy is bizarre. It's ok. He's an average QB. Scouts and people on TV are wrong sometimes. We'll all live through this.

Edited by 4merper4mer

9:36 of the video below called and said LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QrKjZQICrU

And then 2:52 of this video called and claimed first dibs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j66Vg__hElk

Seriously. 2 bunnies to keep them in critical division games. 4th and 1 both times and he came up empty. Listen, it happens, but those two plays right there in front of you decry any crap some dude twisted around to make Kim Jung QB look good. He barfed up two division games when they were there for the taking. That is not clutch. This weird obsession people have with idolizing this guy is bizarre. It's ok. He's an average QB. Scouts and people on TV are wrong sometimes. We'll all live through this.

So your data is two games...LOLOLOLOL. Maybe I can show just two games of where he was clutch and that's a strong enough argument?

I'm certainly not idolizing him but to say he's just average is absurd. It's as bad as saying Reggie Ragland can't play in the NFL and if the Bills wouldn't have taken him in the 2nd he would have fell to the 6th....teams only would take a flyer on him and that's it.

Yes scouts and TV people are wrong sometimes. Have you thought that you could possibly be wrong?

Edited by Teeflebees

Where's the good depth?

Edited by JM2009