I'll say this for Fitzy

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy has managed to have a lucrative nfl career. you absolutely have to give him that. i'm sure once he retires, he'll still be a very productive guy, without having to worry about money.

When he retires, he'll end up on wall street and make even MORE money.

W should have never cut him

I agree. I think if Fitz was the QB in 2013 and 2014, the Bills would have had at least a 9-7 record in 2013 (they went 6-10 with virtually no QB at all). They went 9-7 in 2014 with Manuel and Orton, and by the end of the season, Orton had lost interest in playing in the NFL. They would have made the playoffs in at least one of those years, and possibly both with Fitzy.

He was the perfect example of the Bills organization's willingness to sacrifce wins for profit. They wanted to maximize profits, so they cut Fitz without having any viable QB on the roster. Then they drafted Manuel in the first round even though there wasn't a good QB prospect in entire the 2013 draft and signed Kevin Kolb who couldn't even stay healthy enough to make the first preseason game. I believe Jeff Tuel was the starting QB at the beginning of the season, followed by Thad Lewis, and then Manuel. In 2014, they lured Kyle Orton out of retirement late in preseason, and he eventually replaced Manuel who sucked. The problem was, Orton called it a career about 3 or 4 games before the end of the 2014 season, even though he was still the Bills starting QB.

I agree. I think if Fitz was the QB in 2013 and 2014, the Bills would have had at least a 9-7 record in 2013 (they went 6-10 with virtually no QB at all). They went 9-7 in 2014 with Manuel and Orton, and by the end of the season, Orton had lost interest in playing in the NFL. They would have made the playoffs in at least one of those years, and possibly both with Fitzy.

He was the perfect example of the Bills organization's willingness to sacrifce wins for profit. They wanted to maximize profits, so they cut Fitz without having any viable QB on the roster. Then they drafted Manuel in the first round even though there wasn't a good QB prospect in entire the 2013 draft and signed Kevin Kolb who couldn't even stay healthy enough to make the first preseason game. I believe Jeff Tuel was the starting QB at the beginning of the season, followed by Thad Lewis, and then Manuel. In 2014, they lured Kyle Orton out of retirement late in preseason, and he eventually replaced Manuel who sucked. The problem was, Orton called it a career about 3 or 4 games before the end of the 2014 season, even though he was still the Bills starting QB.

Fantasy land. Fitz is a choker when the lights are the brightest. He's proven that time and time again with exhibit A being the 2015 season finale where he predictably turned into an interception machine with the NYJ playoff chances there for the taking.

Whats really funny is he is always brought in as a BU but winds up starting.

I thought the same thing which only proves the old adage "depth is great, until you have to use it"

Fantasy land. Fitz is a choker when the lights are the brightest. He's proven that time and time again with exhibit A being the 2015 season finale where he predictably turned into an interception machine with the NYJ playoff chances there for the taking.

I don't think it's fair to say he's a choker. He just doesn't have the physical talents (arm strength being the most obvious) to win in those big spots. Teams just start to take away the quick outs and stuff over the middle and he becomes a much easier QB to defend and makes more mistakes. Its more physical errors than the mental ones I associate with being a choker.

I don't think it's fair to say he's a choker. He just doesn't have the physical talents (arm strength being the most obvious) to win in those big spots. Teams just start to take away the quick outs and stuff over the middle and he becomes a much easier QB to defend and makes more mistakes. Its more physical errors than the mental ones I associate with being a choker.

I disagree because he makes plenty of dumb decisions (that lead him into physical errors) as a QB irrespective of his Harvard pedigree.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

When he retires, he'll end up on wall street and make even MORE money.

i'm curious to what he'll do after. i'm guessing at this, but wasn't he and english or lit major? i'm sure he'll be good at what he does, but i'm not sure if he's a wall street guy.

i'm curious to what he'll do after. i'm guessing at this, but wasn't he and english or lit major? i'm sure he'll be good at what he does, but i'm not sure if he's a wall street guy.

He was an economics major.