I'll say this for Fitzy

Awful take.

Since when is wins a QB stat and not a team stat?

Fitz turned it over because he was reckless. Period.

Fitz had a good run and then was exposed. Taylor is the better starting option in every aspect.

Fitz never played behind an oline as good as current one. He never played with a receiver close to as good as Sammy. Robert Woods would have been drafted 5 rounds ahead of any of Fitz' WRs. LeSean is a better RB than Spiller or Jackson. And we had worst defenses with Fitz.

Personally, I don't think either is good enough as a starter. But I saw games Fitz actually won. Taylor is along for the ride most of the time.

Taylor is definitely the more consistent qb. But Fitz' highs were much higher. Either way, they are both guys who simply aren't good enough.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz never played behind an oline as good as current one. He never played with a receiver close to as good as Sammy. Robert Woods would have been drafted 5 rounds ahead of any of Fitz' WRs. LeSean is a better RB than Spiller or Jackson. And we had worst defenses with Fitz.

Personally, I don't think either is good enough as a starter. But I saw games Fitz actually won. Taylor is along for the ride most of the time.

Taylor is definitely the more consistent qb. But Fitz' highs were much higher. Either way, they are both guys who simply aren't good enough.

Being the contrarian that I am, I never cared for Fitz as much as many other Bills fans. However, I agree with everything you stated one hundred percent. Neither Fitz or Taylor could/will bring us to the playoffs, but Fitz is still an actual QB albeit a bad one. Taylor has yet to show if he can do anything without a dynamic running game.

Being the contrarian that I am, I never cared for Fitz as much as many other Bills fans. However, I agree with everything you stated one hundred percent. Neither Fitz or Taylor could/will bring us to the playoffs, but Fitz is still an actual QB albeit a bad one. Taylor has yet to show if he can do anything without a dynamic running game.

never post, or speak again.

tt is better than fitz, even though i like fitz. also can this thread die already?/ its so lame to keep seeing" ill say this for fitz...' pffffft fart noise.... dont care OP, what youll say for fitz.

the guy has managed to have a lucrative nfl career. you absolutely have to give him that. i'm sure once he retires, he'll still be a very productive guy, without having to worry about money.

Yeah, the dude will never have to worry about money. He's a freaking genius! Harvard degree in finance i think. Not to mention he scored a 48 out of 50 on the Wonderlic Test, finishing it in 9 minutes.

Like I said, Fitz has put together some good games before making the boneheaded, awful decision to seal the victory for the other team more times then not.

Taylor's "along for the ride"?

He doesn't turn the ball over and is a playmaker, some of the time it's not with his arm which is why I think a lot of people don't like him at QB, but he's a better player then Fitz without a doubt. It's not even close but your entitled.

Personally, I think Fitz sucks and Taylor you can win with given the right pieces around him. Still finding a unquestioned franchise QB should be the goal.

Whether you want to admit it, we are saying essential the same thing. They are both .500 type qbs who don't consistently elevate their teams.

And Fitz had a damn good year in 2015. We'll see if Taylor comes close to it. Hopefully, he does this year.

Whether you want to admit it, we are saying essential the same thing. They are both .500 type qbs who don't consistently elevate their teams.

And Fitz had a damn good year in 2015. We'll see if Taylor comes close to it. Hopefully, he does this year.

Yet he still choked like a dog in the season finale when the clock struck 12 and reverted to form with the playoffs on the line as the bum of a starting QB that he is. That's all the Jets and the rest of the NFL needed to see. It's why he eventually had to settle for a one year below market deal for 2016 after his "damn good year" in '15.

Yet he still choked like a dog in the season finale when the clock struck 12 and reverted to form with the playoffs on the line as the bum of a starting QB that he is. That's all the Jets and the rest of the NFL needed to see. It's why he eventually had to settle for a one year below market deal for 2016 after his "damn good year" in '15.

I get it. You hate Fitz. But we should definitely be laughing at a guy who would have thrown the 2nd most tds in a single season. And given all the 10 win seasons we have had recently, let's point and laugh at Fitz!

I get it. You hate Fitz. But we should definitely be laughing at a guy who would have thrown the 2nd most tds in a single season. And given all the 10 win seasons we have had recently, let's point and laugh at Fitz!

It's not about laughing or hate. He is what he is regardless of your never ending advocacy to make him out to be more.

I think fans spend way too much time going over the Fitz years, the fact is our Bills didn't just release Fitz, instead they offered to re-work his contract so he would remain a Bill - Fitz wouldn't renogotiate so they released him - In the end he signed with TENN for very little money, backup money IMO, when he likely would have still been the Bills starting QB the following year, with Manual the backup, and making more $$$$$

Its the same with CJ Spiller - DW offered him a FA contract, I believe in the 4M per annum range, it was Spiller who made the decision to instead sign with the Saints, its not like Bills didn't want him, its more Spiller decided to somewhere else

So for all the fans who say the Bills didn't want Fitz anymore, I don't think think that's necessarily true, its Fitz in the end who decided he wanted to play somewhere else, as is his right, the rest is history - I don't regret the move, there are many others I wish the Bills didn't make, but that's not one of em....

jc

why the strong convictions of fitzpatrick?

i don't know if we have scene you this outspoken toward a player - unless mario, but i don't remember fully if was equal to this.

I'm the last person to quote Vince Young, but he has a point.

"I'd see a quarterback and be like, 'Dude is garbage, and I'm over here in the kitchen cooking turkey necks!?'" Young told Sports Illustrated.

"I hate to name-drop, but [Ryan] Fitzpatrick is still playing!? He leads the league in interceptions, and he's still f------ getting paid? I mean, what the f--- is going on?"

Source: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19750735/vince-young-questions-why-ryan-fitzpatrick-job