New data shows Tyrod/the offense was better than you thought

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it?

We've all seen how Brock Osweiler has been an unsung hero in Houston because of how his defense has played.

The difference is he had 17 TDs and 16 INTs in Houston. He held them back. The Bills were a top 10 scoring offense with a QB that had 3:1 TD to Int or whatever. Again, I don't think Tyrod would be better if that were the case I just think that people would think more of him. At the same time if Alex Smith was 6-10 people would think less of him even if he played the exact same way.

I think we've all seen this offense struggle through most games with consecutive 3 and outs, cringing that the defense would be back out in less than two minutes. The stats are scewed with big plays, but it's still bad offensive football that loses games.

I think we've all seen this offense struggle through most games with consecutive 3 and outs, cringing that the defense would be back out in less than two minutes. The stats are scewed with big plays, but it's still bad offensive football that loses games.

Hmmm... based on your avatar (and your post) I'm guessing you're a guy from BBMB who used the same one and posted frequently.

Am I wrong?

At the end of the 2016 season, the Bills needed to make a decision about whether to give Tyrod a contract extension

giving him significant salary upgrades.

The Bills chose not to agree to that upgraded offer.

Tyrod sat at home with a decision to make..............

There are 32 teams in the NFL.

I'm sure Tyrod's agent contacted all of them.

Not one team................nobody........................NFC.............AFC................CFL......................

NOBODY wanted this cat........................NOBODY !

So Tyrod decided to sign a contract with the Bills for a lot less than what had been proposed...........

and Tyrod accepted the terms of the new restructured terms....................

paying him a lot less money........................

for what ???

a chance to use cap space to bring in some much needed upgrades to the Offense ??????

Show me where we upgraded the Offense, using cap space provided by Tyrod signing a reduced contract.

Show me the money..............

At the end of the 2016 season, the Bills needed to make a decision about whether to give Tyrod a contract extension

giving him significant salary upgrades.

The Bills chose not to agree to that upgraded offer.

Tyrod sat at home with a decision to make..............

There are 32 teams in the NFL.

I'm sure Tyrod's agent contacted all of them.

Not one team................nobody........................NFC.............AFC................CFL......................

NOBODY wanted this cat........................NOBODY !

So Tyrod decided to sign a contract with the Bills for a lot less than what had been proposed...........

and Tyrod accepted the terms of the new restructured terms....................

paying him a lot less money........................

for what ???

a chance to use cap space to bring in some much needed upgrades to the Offense ??????

Show me where we upgraded the Offense, using cap space provided by Tyrod signing a reduced contract.

Show me the money..............

8082161-14865031081233478_origin.jpg

TT's a good player, an above average QB. The issue is, can he be a guy who can win you 10+ games. We shall see. He seems like Fitz to me. Competes hard, good for the program, but just deficient enough to lose you a few games you really need to get to the playoffs.

Edited by jmcraig44

Hmmm... based on your avatar (and your post) I'm guessing you're a guy from BBMB who used the same one and posted frequently.

Am I wrong?

He's Jimbo from the BBMB. Same bad posting too. Just laugh it off.

Am I wrong?

He's Jimbo from the BBMB. Same bad posting too. Just laugh it off.

No one cares about your petty bbmb beefs. We get it, we got it 5,000 posts ago.

Both of you attack all who don't love Tyrod in a passive aggressive manner.

Just PM each other.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Just PM each other.

I thought you were done posting in this thread.

Edited by JM2009

I fixed the problem on my end

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by JM2009.

Those with agendas cannot handle the truth. Anyone that would blame the second Miami loss on TT and not the defense has no business posting in the first place. Enjoy the season rooting against the starter. I'll put you on ignore so I don't get my blood pressure up reading any more of your ridiculous, biased posting, which numerous posters have proven wrong, yet you keep it up, day in and day out.

Ill be done when you tybots quit crusading and ruin another website.

Every message board is the same. To me, it takes little intelligence to realize that TT is far from terrible, and is the best option for 2017. He's an exciting player that can win with a good team around him. It's the cocky, arrogant, nasty, posters that actually ruin the message board experience. Guess which one you are.

When you score 34 points, break a franchise record for yards and leave the field with the lead and a minute to go how can a reasonable person pin that loss on the QB? That's not logical.

I'm not picking on you but the people that think QB is the reason that they were 7-9 are so wrong. The offense played at a playoff level. The defense played at a 3 win level. The HC was awful as well. We need to stop using our emotions and start looking at the facts. The facts don't blame the guy that put up 31 points for the Fitz loss or Moore loss. That's someone with an agenda, not logic.

What level did Atlantas defense play at? What level did Atlantas QB play at?

Just PM each other.

This is true.

I'm glad I've been able to sit back and watch these posters continue to conduct themselves in the manner they are.

I'm hoping many here (including the MODS) are taking note and realizing that these posters aren't what they claim to be.

I fixed the problem on my end

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by JM2009.

only works when online, other wise you will be still reading his posts when you lurk, which everyone does.

I find the ignore feature for those with either thin skin or they just can't restrain themselves to just skim over those posts they find annoying.

Ill be done when you tybots quit crusading and ruin another website.

kind of like those crusading the so called tybots?

caution-goes-both-ways.png

The Bills offense wasn't the issue. They've been top 10 DVOA the last two years. They scored a lot. In fact they lost 6 times last year while scoring 24 points. The AFC playoff teams had 5 such losses combined. I don't think that we need to convince people that the offense wasn't the problem. It wasn't perfect but wasn't near the top of the list of reasons that the Bills weren't in the playoffs. Will it continue? Will the defense take big strides? How much will McDermott & co upgrade the coaching? Will the best players stay healthy? A lot of "what ifs" but if the offense is top 7 in scoring again (where they were through 16 weeks) this team will win more than 7 games.

How many close games did we lose last year by 6 points or less ? Many here blame the defense or praise TT for keeping us in the game by NOT turning the ball over , what bothers me is that TT was incapable ( beside the Titans game ) of putting together a game winning drive , so forgive me for not buying ( TT is better then we think ) he' is who think he is ( backup QB )

What level did Atlantas defense play at? What level did Atlantas QB play at?

Atlanta's offense scored 540 points, 71 more points than any other team in the league last year. That's 4.4 points per game more than everyone. They had the 2nd most passing TDs and the 3rd most rushing TDs. It's an anomaly. The year before that (with the same QB and same OC) they scored 339 points, good for T-21 in the league. In 2015 they passed for 21 TDs, good for T-23 (2 fewer than Buffalo's run first offense) and ran for 13 (T-12).

only works when online, other wise you will be still reading his posts when you lurk, which everyone does.

I find the ignore feature for those with either thin skin or they just can't restrain themselves to just skim over those posts they find annoying.

kind of like those crusading the so called tybots?

caution-goes-both-ways.png

I never browse here w/o logging in.

I tolerated it, but his shenanigans and false personal accusations have reached a tipping point (again).

If I don't see his insults or his misuse of the word agenda then I don't feel compelled to reply.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

How many close games did we lose last year by 6 points or less ? Many here blame the defense or praise TT for keeping us in the game by NOT turning the ball over , what bothers me is that TT was incapable ( beside the Titans game ) of putting together a game winning drive , so forgive me for not buying ( TT is better then we think ) he' is who think he is ( backup QB )

This is the stuff that bugs me, maybe more than it should. He was 'incapable' except when he wasn't. How about just saying he rarely did it? Also, for the record, he also had a GWD against the Jags this year, and the 2nd Miami game really should have been a game winning drive. Yeah I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I never browse here w/o logging in.

I tolerated it, but his shenanigans and false personal accusations have reached a tipping point (again).

If I don't see his insults or his misuse of the word agenda then I don't feel compelled to reply.

kind of rare but if that is the case, use it. maybe if all followed your lead, nobody would see what he posts and can live happily ever after...

This is wrong.

Tyrod was below average when not under pressure...he performed much better when facing pressure, which a number of us attribute to his mobility and playmaking ability.

Crusher what do you mean that what I posted was "wrong"? Our offense's DVOA when Tyrod was under pressure was negative, that is a fact. It was also the 2nd highest DVOA in the league in that situation, that is also a fact. Our DVOA when he wasn't under pressure was average but it was also a positive number, another fact for you. The offense looks best when Tyrod is not under pressure. I mean, that should be obvious with or without stats. It's only good when he's under pressure insofar as other teams perform worse in the same situation.

Where am I wrong? I am not sure you're really understanding how to interpret the stats I've presented. And I don't know how else to explain it. The argument you SHOULD be going with is that Tyrod is responsible for his own high under-pressure percentage since that's the only possible reasonable argument to be made. There, I just gave you a freebie.

Edited by HappyDays

I get that people will disagree, but the drama is ridiculous. You'd think a bunch of adults would act like adults.

i engaged in this crap for about a week once i found this board after BBMB, realized the handful of people arguing from either side look silly and so now i just graze through with occasional random input and just chuckle at most of this ridiculous dialogue.

I get that people will disagree, but the drama is ridiculous. You'd think a bunch of adults would act like adults.

drama does suck, I agree. I think the QB topic itself is nothing but drama and if both sides and those in between with their petty agendas would just realize that at this point and until those who make football decisions make the change, TT is the starting QB, like it or not.

but, that wont happen. drama along with the crusading, agendas and heated debates against or for the QB will continue until and even after, if ever, a legitimate franchise QB is in place...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I agree with the masses. this silly 10 page debate over opinions about a simple form of entertainment is SAD

those who can't walk away and keep engaging in a debate that will never end you're polluting this forum and offering nothing

why do any of you feel you have to dig in and always get the last word in.. say your peace and move on to another topic for Christ sake. After you say it once its been said

It happens on lots of message boards but its obvioulsly much worse now that the official BBMB is shut down, and the reason they shut it down was because of crap fest's like this one

drama does suck, I agree. I think the QB topic itself is nothing but drama and if both sides and those in between with their petty agendas would just realize that at this point and until those who make football decisions make the change, TT is the starting QB, like it or not.

but, that wont happen, drama along with the crusading and agendas and heated debates against or for the QB will continue until and even after, if ever, a legitimate franchise QB is in place...

We're all waiting for the bolded to happen

the off season is way too long

Crusher what do you mean that what I posted was "wrong"? Our offense's DVOA when Tyrod was under pressure was negative, that is a fact. It was also the 2nd highest DVOA in the league in that situation, that is also a fact. Our DVOA when he wasn't under pressure was average but it was also a positive number, another fact for you. The offense looks best when Tyrod is not under pressure. I mean, that should be obvious with or without stats. It's only good when he's under pressure insofar as other teams perform worse in the same situation.

Where am I wrong? I am not sure you're really understanding how to interpret the stats I've presented. And I don't know how else to explain it. The argument you SHOULD be going with is that Tyrod is responsible for his own high under-pressure percentage since that's the only possible reasonable argument to be made. There, I just gave you a freebie.

Tyrod was below league average when not under pressure.

You said he was even better with time to throw, and he is not...that came from an article Transplant posted himself.

Edited by Crusher

thumbsup.gif

yeah, hopefully those young folks waiting wont turn in to a grey beard like I have after waiting for nearly two decades...

ugh.... i noticed my first greys in the chin sweater last winter.... Come on, Mr. Beane! TICK TOCK TICK TOCK.

Edited by Stank_Nasty