Buffalo Bills top 50 plays during drought years (2000-2016)

mileena

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Moulds and Freddie here.

I can't help but wonder how productive Moulds would have been with a better QB situation and how much more Freddie would have been if he played behind a good offensive line.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I watched the whole thing. Our 17 year drought is old enough to drive, and it's never been more clear to me just how long that is when I watch the CBS 4:3 footage with the VHS tracking lines.

Quick thoughts:

1. Terrance McGee is criminally underrated as one of the all-time greatest return men

2. Eric Moulds was incredible

3. Brian Moorman had more highlight left on the cutting floor

4. Some of those games I had completely forgotten - as though it's all somehow blending together, and it was fun reliving the final plays of those Bledsoe-era games

Easily my favorite play of the past 15 years.

4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif

This play was great.

However, he should have included the Interception by Kyle Williams off of Jay Cutler from this game.

Another play that should have been added to this list: Ryan Fitzpatrick's hard count that draws the Eagles offsides to seal the win. That play never works, except this time.

Edited by Mark Vader

Awesome list and accompanying video.

It's always great to beat the Pats*, but number one hurt when the announcer said "the Bills will go to 3-0." I still can't believe that team didn't make the playoffs after the start they had that season.

Just goes to show how oftentimes fans forget how long this drought is.

Just look at the Presidents. Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump. 5 terms! By my count there's been 9 Olympiads since the Bills last made the playoffs.

It's all just so hopeless and depressing. "See! Remember that one time we beat the Patriots back in 2011 when Tom Brady threw 5 INTs! It can happen!" Remember that one awesome throw JP Losman made back in 2006?

Remember all those great kickoff returns Terrence McGee made? Member? I member!

Brady has one bad game every 3 years or so, so maybe Buffalo gets him again on such a fateful day.

Easily my favorite play of the past 15 years.

4b798fa4dceccf52da3aa2c7b3a93b20.gif

You are SO right!! I loved this play!!

As an interesting video challenge, wouldn't it be great to show this right next to Orton's kitty play on 3rd and 1 against Denver? Basically comparing a real football player (HEART) vs. a paycheck-collecting bum (NO HEART)!!

That being said, I still say we sign Fred in the offseason! Hell, I'd show this video clip at the opening of every home game!!!

You are SO right!! I loved this play!!

As an interesting video challenge, wouldn't it be great to show this right next to Orton's kitty play on 3rd and 1 against Denver? Basically comparing a real football player (HEART) vs. a paycheck-collecting bum (NO HEART)!!

That being said, I still say we sign Fred in the offseason! Hell, I'd show this video clip at the opening of every home game!!!

GRRRRRR! :censored:

So when are we putting together the list of the 50 most heartbreaking plays of the drought? It is the drought of course.

#1 has to be the Music City Miracle ever though it's not technically part of the drought.

A few others: Stevie and Chandler fumbles in Toronto against Atlanta. Trent Edwards getting rocked in Arizona. JP jets fumble. Bryce Brown fumble out of the end zone against KC. Browns Monday nighter FG. Dallas Monday nighter FG. Broncos rushing the kicker on the field to win the 2007 opener. Leo fumble against Pats in 2009 opener. Steve blame God drop. Willie Parker running wild in 2004. Gilliselee not fielding kick off in New York in 2016 finale. Bully Joe Hobart not studying playbook game. Jags last minute TD in London. JJ Watt Pick 6 off of EJ. Bills shut out in snow against Browns. Rex punting in overtime lat year to end season and his coaching career.

Keep it going...

2003 season finale 31-0 payback from Patriots.

2004 season final Bledsoe strip fumble TD against Pittsburgh 3rd stringers.

I was thinking about that 2003 Pats game, but was trying to keep the list to specific plays. Couldn't really recall one other than it was just a drubbing.

What's been 'heartbreaking' exactly over the last say 10 years?

When we're not on the "in the hunt" graphic anymore? It's been 10+ years of a blended poop-stew. It all runs together.

You're telling me the Dallas Monday night finish or Leodis fumble weren't heart breaking? Maybe the word is painful

So when are we putting together the list of the 50 most heartbreaking plays of the drought? It is the drought of course.

#1 has to be the Music City Miracle ever though it's not technically part of the drought.

A few others: Stevie and Chandler fumbles in Toronto against Atlanta. Trent Edwards getting rocked in Arizona. JP jets fumble. Bryce Brown fumble out of the end zone against KC. Browns Monday nighter FG. Dallas Monday nighter FG. Broncos rushing the kicker on the field to win the 2007 opener. Leo fumble against Pats in 2009 opener. Steve blame God drop. Willie Parker running wild in 2004. Gilliselee not fielding kick off in New York in 2016 finale. Bully Joe Hobart not studying playbook game. Jags last minute TD in London. JJ Watt Pick 6 off of EJ. Bills shut out in snow against Browns. Rex punting in overtime lat year to end season and his coaching career.

Keep it going...

Lindell misses chip shot FG vs. Pitt in 2004 finale.