Bills' 2017 Training Camp Discussion - Off Day on 7/31

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch: McCoy Feeling Young, White Putting in OT (1:59)

Bills' Insider Chris Brown highlights how RB LeSean McCoy has been looking as explosive as ever, while 2017 1st Rd Pick Tre'Davious White has been the last defensive player to leave the field each day at training camp.

@JoeBuscaglia

Shaq stands out, one right guard takes the lead, & a super sleeper on defense? My 7 #Bills observations from Day 2: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-buffalo-bills-training-camp-observations-day-2-72817

158 catches last year. Let's go for 80 this year.

That would be a good year but possible imo. People are expecting a drop from Woods but I think that Zay will at least equal the Woods production. He's going to be a guy that they count on to be steady. He caught like 400 balls in college and was phenomenal in the senior bowl. His numbers against the best teams that they played were great too.

158 catches last year. Let's go for 80 this year.

That's a lot to ask from a rookie playing in an offense that doesn't throw it a lot. Especially when you consider Sammy, Shady and Clay presumably getting a lot of targets in the passing game

That's a lot to ask from a rookie playing in an offense that doesn't throw it a lot. Especially when you consider Sammy, Shady and Clay presumably getting a lot of targets in the passing game

I'd bet that Sammy is around 10 a game. I think that the Bills attempts will be around 35 a game. Somewhere between 32-36 but 35 would be right around where Dennison's offense was last year. If 10 are to Sammy, what does the rest of the breakdown look like? I've thrown a lot of different numbers to it but don't know. Is 8 targets feasible for Zay? I'm thinking somewhere between 5-8.

I'd bet that Sammy is around 10 a game. I think that the Bills attempts will be around 35 a game. Somewhere between 32-36 but 35 would be right around where Dennison's offense was last year. If 10 are to Sammy, what does the rest of the breakdown look like? I've thrown a lot of different numbers to it but don't know. Is 8 targets feasible for Zay? I'm thinking somewhere between 5-8.

His offense generally uses the tight ends a bunch. Think both Clay and O'Leary (or whoever is 2nd) will both see some.... Shady some.... and Holmes / Bolden some. Expect Zay in 5 catch a game territory. I think Zay will eclipse Woods, whether in year 1 I am less certain but by year 2 I expect him to out perform Woods.

Edited by GunnerBill

His offense generally uses the tight ends a bunch. Think both Clay and O'Leary (or whoever is 2nd) will both see some.... Shady some.... and Holmes / Bolden some. Expect Zay in 5 catch a game territory. I think Zay will eclipse Woods, whether in year 1 I am less certain but by year 2 I expect him to out perform Woods.

5 catches would probably be like 8 targets right? At 5 catches a game that's 80 on the year as (Ryan projected).

5 catches would probably be like 8 targets right? At 5 catches a game that's 80 on the year as (Ryan projected).

Ah yes! Sorry Kirby I was half asleep being kept awake by a rowdy neighbour when I wrote that. 8 targets about 5 catches is round about where I see him. I misread. You carry on my friend.

These teams that have moved TC back to their home like Tampa (used to be at Disney) was about boosting their own Tampa market, vs a small market like Buffalo placing halfway between Rottenchester and Buffalo (just kidding Rochester folks) expands the market and the theory is to. Expand the fan base so I don't see that changing.

They'll never place TC in Canada. Not after that Toronto game debacle. Personally I could care less if they played two of the pre-season games in Toronto if it bolsters up our Canadian season ticket holders as long as all regular season games are in Buffalo. We have to play in London every few years, but hope it's always an away game.

Bills Today: GM Beane puts timetable on potential Boldin signing
Bills GM Brandon Beane said there is a deadline on reaching a resolution as to whether they will sign free agent Anquan Boldin or not.

Here’s the Bills news of note for July 29th.

1 - GM Beane puts timetable on potential Boldin signing

2 - WR Shorts called the best undrafted free agent at Bills camp

3 - John Miller named the Bills most underrated player

@MatthewFairburn

Bills LB Reggie Ragland signing autographs before practice

DF5z_heUAAAKU-4.jpg

8:40 AM - 29 Jul 2017

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC McDermott said he worked Peterman into the 2nd team because they want to get reps to both him and TJ Yates, evaluate everything.

Watch Day 3 of #Bills practice from St. John Fisher College right here: https://www.facebook.com/ByJoeBuscaglia/videos/1062116880591223/

I'd say on the bike would mean it's positive right? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least he's not in the training room. Might as well be smart with a key player.

@JonScottTV

Marcell Dareus on bike off to the side. Doesn't look like he's practicing after tweaking hamstring Friday. #BillsCamp

DF539DlUIAArZ6m.jpg

@JonScottTV

Ronald Darby just walked off with trainers. #BillsCamp