Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to criticize this side show, but I'll probably watch it somewhere so I guess the jokes on me tooIacItMfreinte

People say that McGregors different. Somehow I know that Mayweathers career is full of guys with power that all they had to do is get inside to use it. My feeling is the only way a guy with club fighter level boxing skills wins is if it's fixed or Mayweather is either over the hill or rusty. If any of these are the case then why in the hell would I pay $100 to watch it?

Edited by Dante

This fight is not as easily predictable as many in this thread claim.

A few things to keep in mind:

Conor has surprisingly good hand speed; he's a southpaw; he is tough as nails; he has legitimate KO power; and he is the naturally bigger man, which is always a big advantage in a fight.

If it goes to the scorecards and Floyd never touches the canvas, Floyd will win easily...

If Conor lands one of his KO punches with that unique, odd timing of his, and is just lucky enough to catch Floyd off guard...Floyd is toast.

I actually can't wait to see how it plays out, but will do so 1 week from tomorrow, when I watch the replay for free on HBO.

I thought that someone said there is a clause in the contract that he forfeits his portion of the purse if that happens?

Yes and no. If he were to use an illegal move, the commission would hold his share of the purse and decide what to do with it later (giving none, some, or all to Mayweather.)

Less likely, Mayweather could also sue McGregor for damages claiming that the illegal hit ended his boxing career - which could amount to hundreds of millions of dollars, with the amount being based on the paydays he received for his last three fights, including this one.