So....Eric Decker? Signs w/ Titans

KDIGGZ

Not looking good on Barnidge. They are really, really far apart. I'd say less than 5% at this point. Unless the Bills up their offer (a lot) he's going to be suiting up elsewhere.

It is what it is.....this looks like the group we will be rolling with into the season.

I still have hopes that our QB turned TE ends up being a gem (and maybe the fact that the bills are NOT throwing more money at Barnidge is a good sign?)

He also is stepping into a likely WR1 role there vs WR2 here.

Which may end up hurting him in the end......we will see

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's money. It's not role, QB, etc.. the wife being from Baltimore helped but the contract made it pretty easy. He even came back to the Bills to give them a chance and they weren't there.

So basically our FO is good with the roster and cap rolling over unless someone wants to come cheap? Fair enough I suppose.

So basically our FO is good with the roster and cap rolling over unless someone wants to come cheap? Fair enough I suppose.

That's what it seems like. I think that they will still try to talk to some people and bring them in but they are only signing them at bargain prices. I don't know if this is a 2017 thing or the new way of doing business.

It's money. It's not role, QB, etc.. the wife being from Baltimore helped but the contract made it pretty easy. He even came back to the Bills to give them a chance and they weren't there.

I heard he came back to the Bills to give them one last chance to replace Tyrod, but they passed.

who is the DC? Did they change defenses? Since Bradley is gone I didn't follow what they did there at DC

Promoted the defensive line coach. The Jags D on paper should be very good.... just not sure it has ever quite translated on the field. They were better last year but they need help up front for me... they don't get to the Quarterback enough.

Could be a competitive division. I can make a case for any of them being playoff teams but the only one I can see going on is the Texans if the D plays up to its potential and Watson is good.

That was after you said that players don't go to play with bad QBs in FA. People can fee free to scroll through the other posts but unless you are considering Kessler, Hoyer, Goff, Wentz and Glennon as good QBs your theory doesn't carry any weight.

Nice straw man. Fake news, again. I never made an absolute claim.

Not looking good on Barnidge. They are really, really far apart. I'd say less than 5% at this point. Unless the Bills up their offer (a lot) he's going to be suiting up elsewhere.

Still doesn't make sense to me. If he and Bills are really far apart, that means he and Jags are even further apart if they're his #1 choice.

He also is stepping into a likely WR1 role there vs WR2 here.

Does it matter if he is a 1,2, & 3 receiver? Their 3rd leading wr caught 13 more passes than our #1 wr.

You are a big TT fan. I like TT but I don't think he is a very good passing qb. His strengths, running and taking care of the ball, probably matter very little to a prospective wr. Besides a half of season, he has really struggle to get the ball to his playmakers.

So while there are other factors, I think qb play is a much bigger one than you believe it. Respectfully.

I'm concerned about this as well.

Real conservative approach to everything. If Sammy has a great year, I really hope they don't play hardball with him and do what they can to keep him here.

I think the non option pickup has already let Sammy know what they think of him.

I'd be very surprised if he signs a long term deal here if he has a good season.

It's gotta be Marrone and not even close. Sure, Mularky's team folded against Steeler back-ups and helped Willie Parker jumpstart his career, but Marrone straight up quit on his team, and on New Years Eve at that! Plus, even if they are AFC foes, it's tough not to like how the Titans have gone about assembling their roster.

Aren't Mularkey and Marrone basically the same person? Mularkey seems like the dumber, more chill version of Doug so I would go with Mike.

But I get them confused.

Huh?

Didn't you just make up that Maclin picked Baltimore because his wife made the decision?

Would that absolve you of making up the decker news ?

Didn't you make up the shady is gone news as well ?

These sources man.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

I'm concerned about this as well.

Real conservative approach to everything. If Sammy has a great year, I really hope they don't play hardball with him and do what they can to keep him here.

They do seem to be rolling over a fair amount of cap into next season.

I am wondering (well hoping) that not bidding high on FA contracts is to hold some extra in reserve for a Sammy Watkins contract (or perhaps that savings goes for the extra bit it will take to franchise him?)

Nice straw man. Fake news, again. I never made an absolute claim.

Those 5 QBs got 5 of the top 10 highest paid receivers this year (including 1,2 & 4). The point that you are trying to make isn't true. You can't just say something is happening if the facts say that it's not true.

i don't think the Jags have made an offer

Exactly. That's what's confusing on why he's holding out. Doesn't sound like there's a team that's met his asking price and I doubt a team will go up a few million more if a starting TE goes down in training camp.

Still doesn't make sense to me. If he and Bills are really far apart, that means he and Jags are even further apart if they're his #1 choice.

I'm not even sure that the Jags have made an offer. That's what he wants but I don't know if it's happened.

Exactly. That's what's confusing on why he's holding out. Doesn't sound like there's a team that's met his asking price and I doubt a team will go up a few million more if a starting TE goes down in training camp.

That should tell you what kind of offer he has from the Bills.

Would that absolve you of making up the decker news ?

Didn't you make up the shady is gone news as well ?

These sources man.

What Decker news did I make up?

Those 5 QBs got 5 of the top 10 highest paid receivers this year (including 1,2 & 4). The point that you are trying to make isn't true. You can't just say something is happening if the facts say that it's not true.

Was there even a point in debating you if you just close your eyes to the fact that out of the top 10 highest paid FA's WR's each year since 2014, they went to teams with franchise QB's at a 3:1 ratio. Yes, you can overpay and get your guy if you really want. See Decker so years ago. But the trend is clear. Its scary you don't see it. Edited by jmc12290