Game Preview: 2/25/18 vs. Boston

Game Notes NHL Stats

LAST GAME
Saturday, February 24
Buffalo 1 at Washington 5
Goals: Reinhart
Goalie: Lehner (32 saves/36 shots); 1 ENG
PP: 0/2; PK: 0/1; Shots: Washington 36 – Buffalo 29

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 215)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 19 games
Jake McCabe (shoulder, Feb. 8; injured reserve) – 9 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Feb. 11; injured reserve) – 7 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/19: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL); Placed F Jack Eichel on IR; Assigned Ullmark to Rochester

UPCOMING GAMES
Wednesday, Feb. 28: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7 p.m.
Friday, March 2: Buffalo at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Monday, March 5: Toronto at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 7: Calgary at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 8: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
BRUINS at SABRES
  • This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Boston 4-2 Boston Buffalo on Feb. 10
  • The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 2-6-2 at home.
  • This is the 289th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 123-121-44 series record.
  • The Sabres are 73-49-23 at home against the Bruins all-time.

so, GMJB playing the game correct, or is he getting left at the altar?

Just finished the Sabre game on NESN, and I am always torn on Jack Edwards. He is so over the top homer, it is actually enjoyable to listen to his call. At one point in the first, a light went on behind the Bruins goalie..Edwards called for the Sabres to be penalized, the NHL was becoming NBA ized, and the Bruins goalie displayed the most amazing concentration EVER! Course, the light was on behind the gaol, and the B's goalie never saw it, but way let that ruin a good a hero story!

On 2/22/2018 at 6:49 PM, Fadingpain said:

Has anyone ever noticed that when your standard NHL hockey game these days (regular season) finally goes to OT and it turns into 3 on 3, the game is about 10,000 times more entertaining, fun, exciting, and unpredictable than the actual game played in regulation time?

Or how the ice suddenly opens up, the talented guys can easily show their talent, and there is just not enough traffic on the ice to clog the talent up?

There also aren't enough defenders on the ice, really, so playing competent, sound hockey is absolutely critical.  There's no safety net in 3 on 3.  You screw up and it means someone is wide open or there is a break away.

It makes me wonder why the regular rules call for 5 on 5.

Even 4 on 4 would be more fun, as much as it would make the heads of hockey traditionalists explode.

NHL hockey has become really boring most of the time.

Yeah... Because talent, tech,  body size, etc... Has rendered the ice surface too small.

Hockey was orignally played 7 on 7 (including goalie).

Haven't looked it up, but if I to hazard a guess, the average player now is over 200 lbs.  30 years ago, had to be 25 pounds lighter.

Simple solution to keeping 5 on 5.  Make rinks bigger, much bigger.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

no trades for the Sabres?

Kane should be the top target left..looks like Botteril playing poker and holding tight. Sure hope he's not left holding a full deck at 3 PM today.

I can see Sabres making hockey trades today too..maybe bringing some talent back and not just prospects/picks

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Game 64 on 2/28 vs. TBL @ 7 PM ET
1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Kane should be the top target left..looks like Botteril playing poker and holding tight. Sure hope he's not left holding a full deck at 3 PM today.

I can see Sabres making hockey trades today too..maybe bringing some talent back and not just prospects/picks

I wonder what they will get for Kane. I would have preferred the Bruins getting him instead of Nash. 

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I wonder what they will get for Kane.

I would guess a pick and a prospect.  IDK nothing that helps them right away.  I could see that club struggling for the next three years at least

NHL trade tracker is dead.  One deal today only

Edited by MarkyMannn

Instigators just said no one wanting to give up 1st yet.Kane's history and rep prolly hurting his value.

Then they went to ask if Eichel moves back #9, and Kris Baker said 100%. Damn, kid got a #15 Winter Classic for XMas, guess that can pair with his #14 Watkins