Game Preview: 2/11/18 vs. Colorado

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Saturday, February 10
Buffalo 4 at Boston 2
Goals: Kane, Wilson, Pouliot, Ristolainen
Goalie: Johnson (25 saves/27 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 4/4; Shots: Buffalo 28 – Boston 27

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 193)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 12 games
Jake McCabe (thumb, Feb. 8) – 2 games
Zemgus Girgensons (illness, Feb. 10) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Feb. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 15: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 17: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 19: Washington at Buffalo, 3 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 22: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
AVALANCHE at SABRES
  • This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Avalanche this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Colorado 4-2 in Colorado on Dec. 5, 2017
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Avalanche; 4-4-2 at home.
  • This is the 143rd game all-time between Buffalo and Colorado; Buffalo has a 62-56-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 38-21-11 at home against the Avalanche all-time.
Phil Housley Media Availability: February 11, 2018 from 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM at KeyBank Center

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Like Sammy's game as well, going to bring a higher price next week! And Kane finally scored, that helps his price as well.

I have seen enough of these guys, everyone except 15 is and should be traded if you can get a decent return.

What would you consider a decent return for neck tattoo?  Personally I'd say a case of Febreze to help clear his stink is enough but maybe someone will throw in a goalie prospect.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What would you consider a decent return for neck tattoo?  Personally I'd say a case of Febreze to help clear his stink is enough but maybe someone will throw in a goalie prospect.

Don't think they can trade him, but a 4th would be great. This is Ullmarks team next year.

3 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Sam has had stretches like this before. Then he’ll go disappear for 20 games. Hope they move him. Sounds like the room was bad last year and it may have spilled over into this year. The rebuild was botched, blow it up.

I don't know it the room was bad last year or this, and the only thing that would get me to move Reinhart is if he's part of a problem.  He's been bounced around from line to line more than any other guy on the team this season, and he's playing fine.  He's got talent and he scores from in front of the net -- and you can't say that about any other player on this team. He's not a guy to get rid of unless he's a bad locker room guy.

Added: and I want Nash from the Rangers.

Edited by snafu

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

I don't know it the room was bad last year or this, and the only thing that would get me to move Reinhart is if he's part of a problem.  He's been bounced around from line to line more than any other guy on the team this season, and he's playing fine.  He's got talent and he scores from in front of the net -- and you can't say that about any other player on this team. He's not a guy to get rid of unless he's a bad locker room guy.

I don't think Sam fits into what Housley wants to do. I sure hope GMJB has made his mind up, and is not letting this little stretch influence him. If he is convinced should stay, so be it, just hope it's not based on last 2 weeks.

And why Nash? He a bit old, and a UFA next year, so why trade anything for him?

1 hour ago, snafu said:

I know a couple people who are tied in with what’s going on with the team and last year there was definitely a divide in the room. Not a close knit group at all, and sounded like Eich was not a disco Dan fan (prob why he’s gone).

This is just a gut feeling but I think some of the younger guys don’t put in the full effort / attention to detail day in and day out. I have to remind myself sometimes that Eich, Sam, Kane, Risto are young. They still have growing up to do. 

7 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't think Sam fits into what Housley wants to do. I sure hope GMJB has made his mind up, and is not letting this little stretch influence him. If he is convinced should stay, so be it, just hope it's not based on last 2 weeks.

And why Nash? He a bit old, and a UFA next year, so why trade anything for him?

I like the way Nash's game has changed as he's gotten older.  He does everything very well. He's turned into a Hossa type player.  The age isn't an issue for me at this point, but I forgot that he's an UFA after this season.  That's a problem.

Rough news about Eichel.  I hope he recovers ASAP.  

Edited by snafu

Tell Jack to just get ready for next season. This year is done. High ankle sprain always seem to be those injuries that linger and affect a player for a while even afyer they are back, so take the rest of the season off to rest the ankle and come prepared for next season to hopefully help the team stay in the playoff hunt til at least Christmas.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Tell Jack to just get ready for next season. This year is done. High ankle sprain always seem to be those injuries that linger and affect a player for a while even afyer they are back, so take the rest of the season off to rest the ankle and come prepared for next season to hopefully help the team stay in the playoff hunt til at least Christmas.....

Might as well wait until next season at this point with virtually nothing on the line.

4 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think that is a good idea for Jack to take the rest of season off