Sabres & NHL 2017-18 - Entry Draft on June 22

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love Eichel...but geez man, stretch your stick out and poke check that guy in OT. He looked bored out there. 

All that does is put yourself off balance and the guy skates around you. Crappy goal by Lehner but goat horns for everybody: Risto for the missed pass to Eichel second earlier and ROR for scoring an own goal.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All that does is put yourself off balance and the guy skates around you. Crappy goal by Lehner but goat horns for everybody: Risto for the missed pass to Eichel second earlier and ROR for scoring an own goal.

yes, that pass was one for the ages. The ROR own goal just bad freaking luck, it happens. All I can say is no way can I watch this team live, watch on 3X speed when i get up in middle of the freaking night..takes me all of 30 minutes to watch a game now.

19 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love Eichel...but geez man, stretch your stick out and poke check that guy in OT. He looked bored out there. 

He goes through stretches of time like that.  He very rarely plays consistently at the peak of his ability.

When he does, he is a force on the ice and it's impossible to miss his talent.  

With the CHL Top Prospects game completed, and playoffs drawing ever closer, it’s time to see which prospects can elevate their game at the most important time of the year

February 7, 2018 [Waterloo, ON] ISS Hockey has released its new monthly rankings of the top prospects eligible for the 2018 NHL Draft. The rankings have been created and compiled by our worldwide network of scouts.

Below is the ISS Top 31, highlighting the rankings for the top 31 skater and top 2 goalie prospects, which is released on the first Wednesday of every month during the hockey season. An interactive page where the ISS Top 31 can be viewed, sorted, and commented on, and where users can interact with our scouts, can be viewed at: isshockey.com/iss-top-31

zivggn.jpg

2-7: Phil Housley on WGR (7:13)

#Sabres head coach Phil Housley joins Jeremy and Sal right now on WGR! Tune in:

Housley - We were involved in a lot of one-goal games earlier in the season. It's good that we're close, but we're still a long ways away. Our 5-on-5 scoring has to be better, and we have to keep working on that. #Sabres

Housley - Ryan O'Reilly played a solid game last night. He's been pretty consistent in this recent home stretch. He didn't get down on himself last night after the mistake, and he showed his mental toughness with the game-tying goal. #Sabres

Housley - our defense is a big part of the attack off the rush. They've improved with trying to get shots to the net, but they've been banged up this season. It's been difficult back there, but that's opened up chances for others like Nelson and Antipin. #Sabres

Housley - We need to improve our home record. That's the main focus moving forward here. I think we're just trying to be too cute. When we have the right mindset, we have success. We played well last night, but we're not getting on the right side of those one-goal games. #Sabres

Game Preview: 2/8/18 vs. NY Islanders

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Tuesday, February 6
Anaheim 4 at Buffalo 3 (OT)
Goals: Girgensons, Eichel, O’Reilly
Goalie: Lehner (29 saves/33 shots)
PP: 1/2; PK: 2/3; Shots: Buffalo 33 – Anaheim 33

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 188)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 10 games
Jake McCabe (upper body, Feb. 8) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/3: Activated D Nathan Beaulieu from IR; Assigned F Nicholas Baptisteto Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Feb. 10: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 11: Colorado at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 15: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 17: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
ISLANDERS at SABRES
  • This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
  • Last meeting: New York defeated Buffalo 3-2 (OT) in New York on Dec. 27, 2017
  • The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 4-5-1 at home.
  • This is the 168th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 80-63-24 series record.
  • The Sabres are 44-27-12 at home against the Islanders all-time.

Game Preview: 2/10/18 at Boston

Game Notes NHL Stats

LAST GAME
Thursday, February 8
NY Islanders 3 at Buffalo 4
Goals: Eichel, Rodrigues, O’Reilly, Reinhart
Goalie: Lehner (26 saves/29 shots)
PP: 1/2; PK: 2/3; Shots: NY Islanders 29 – Buffalo 22

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 190)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (lower body, Jan. 11; injured reserve) – 11 games
Jake McCabe (thumb, Feb. 8) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Sunday, Feb. 11: Colorado at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 15: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 17: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, Feb. 19: Washington at Buffalo, 3 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at BRUINS
  • This is the third of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
  • Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 3-0 in Buffalo on Dec. 19, 2017
  • Next meeting: Sunday, Feb. 25 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 2-6-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 4-4-2 on the road.
  • This is the 288th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 122-121-44 series record.
  • The Sabres are 49-72-21 on the road against the Bruins all-time.

Morning Skate: February 10, 2018 at 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM at TD Garden

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think I seen something that the parents were along for this trip? 

If so, I'm hoping for big games out of everyone, especially guys like Eichel (esp in Boston...) and ROR. 

I hope they win tonight. I hate losing to Boston. 

Edited by BillsFan4

Reinhart is having an amazing game. He's looked dominant out there. Playing with a lot of confidence. Really impressed with him tonight.

He's actually been playing well for a while now. I hope this is a sign that he's starting to come into his own. I haven't lost hope in him. Look how long it took the Sedin's... 

Lot of guys playing well tonight.

And I sure hope Eichel is ok. 

Edited by BillsFan4

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Reinhart is having an amazing game. He's looked dominant out there. Playing with a lot of confidence. Really impressed with him tonight.

He's actually been playing well for a while now. I hope this is a sign that he's starting to come into his own. I haven't lost hope in him. Look how long it took the Sedin's... 

Lot of guys playing well tonight.

And I sure hope Eichel is ok. 

Like Sammy's game as well, going to bring a higher price next week! And Kane finally scored, that helps his price as well.

I have seen enough of these guys, everyone except 15 is and should be traded if you can get a decent return.

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Like Sammy's game as well, going to bring a higher price next week! And Kane finally scored, that helps his price as well.

I have seen enough of these guys, everyone except 15 is and should be traded if you can get a decent return.

Sam has had stretches like this before. Then he’ll go disappear for 20 games. Hope they move him. Sounds like the room was bad last year and it may have spilled over into this year. The rebuild was botched, blow it up.