Walt Powell suspended 4 games for PEDs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why players, deliberately or not, continue to use PEDs. There is a simple solution. Teams should make it mandatory for their players to acquire supplements only from their teams. Any player who then goes outside of the system is then considered a cheater when caught when tested. There is such an astonishing level of stupidity on the part of some of these players.

I don't understand why players, deliberately or not, continue to use PEDs. There is a simple solution. Teams should make it mandatory for their players to acquire supplements only from their teams. Any player who then goes outside of the system is then considered a cheater when caught when tested. There is such an astonishing level of stupidity on the part of some of these players.

If I was a player I'd run pretty much everything through the team -- at least for an approval

If I was a player I'd run pretty much everything through the team -- at least for an approval

I would go farther than not. The team should make the purchase and then ship it out to the player. There is simply no rational reason why a player should risk jeopardizing one's career for such a marginal benefit (if that) when there are other optional products that would give you the same benefit, if there is a benefit to be had.

But remember, your talking about the same people (players) that have basically been told "If you can play a game really well, and stay out of trouble/away from drugs for a small portion of your life, we will pay you enough money you can live reasonably comfortable on for the rest of your life" yet so many are out there taking drugs and drinking/getting into trouble

My guess is that there are a few reasons for this

A) they are young and dumb, always lived sheltered lives when their talents became visible to others (everyone always protected them because they were the star athlete)

B) Because of the fame and instant wealth, they get hangers on who want to enjoy their fame and wealth and dont have to worry about consequences if they get into trouble or do drugs/drink

C) They are under tremendous pressure to be their best/better and stay in top shape that they think they can cheat and take PEDs without being caught. (I wouldn't be surprised if it were to come out years from now that some of the biggest superstars in the league had failed or never had to take drug tests because they league knew they had to stay the best "for the good of the league" and did what they could to protect them)

you have to test positive twice to be suspended. When they say they accidently used a product they shouldn't have, did you do it again?

well, that goes your shot at a roster spot. Maybe that's why is was taking it, maybe the risk was worth it.

This was policy in sept 2014 , not sure if it is the current one

A first violation of the PED policy will result in a suspension without pay for up to six games depending on violation:

The league's new recreational drug policy will include additional steps, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

• A first offense will put the player into the league's drug program.

Edited by ALF

Really? You don't understand why a fringe guy would want to find an edge trying to make a roster?

Really? You don't understand why a fringe guy would want to find an edge trying to make a roster?

Option one is penalized and the approved option two is not. The person takes option one. The player should be banished for stupidity. Marginal player with marginal brain power.

I think there are times when it is an honest mistake - meaning the band substance list is quite lengthy - the amount of ingredients in a supplement is lengthy - and there's generic names for a lot of these band substances.

I think the team could make the same mistake.

Option one is penalized and the approved option two is not. The person takes option one. The player should be banished for stupidity. Marginal player with marginal brain power.

You are assuming that option one and option two substances have the same effect. What if option one is far superior? I think fringe guys will take the chance of getting caught if they think it gives them a better chance of making a squad