NFL ads: liquor ok now, no Red Bull, condoms still

I do not agree that ED meds are ok but contraception is not ok. Good for one good for all. Get rid of ED ads so I can watch a game with my 7 year old son.

I'd rather have to explain birth control than ED. But I'd really rather explain neither. Although my 7 yr old doesn't miss a thing- he probably already know more than I do

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

I'd rather have to explain birth control than ED. But I'd really rather explain neither. Although my 7 yr old doesn't miss a thing- he probably already know more than I do

Yea dad I know I was a mistake which is why I look so much like the paperboy but I love you anyways.

I was pretty amazed to see a commercial for opioid-induced constipation meds during the last Super Bowl. Opioid addiction has hit the mainstream, I suppose?

But, I was appalled a couple years before when I was watching Sunday afternoon football with my young daughter, and they showed an ad for some cop-drama TV show that featured a close-up of a severed human foot.

US and New Zealand are the only countries that allow direct to consumer pharma ads.

I think such ads are terrible, no matter the drug. But the ED commercials are definitely over the tacky line for family/sports programming.

I've always found that entertaining. If you need a drug, you have no choice but to get it. It's not something that needs to be advertised. Now people go to the doctor saying "I want this, and I want that please".

I remember during the superbowl one year (possibly the Janet Jackson nip slip year) they had some "harmless" commercial where a teenage girl gets knocked up and they blame it on weed. The very next commercial was a bud light chicks with large racks and little swimsuits ad.

US and New Zealand are the only countries that allow direct to consumer pharma ads.

I think such ads are terrible, no matter the drug. But the ED commercials are definitely over the tacky line for family/sports programming.

I think they are really odd too. I can understand commercials for ED treatments or perhaps depression, because most patients know what these condition are but may be reluctant to even bring this up to their physician and end up feeingl helpless. But, then there's some really esoteric conditions like "atrial fibrillation not due to an artificial heart valve". Really, what kind of patient out there would (1) even know they have atrial fib or (2) have a strong opinion about what med they are on? Or conditions that are not very common like rheumatoid arthritis?

I think they are really odd too. I can understand commercials for ED treatments or perhaps depression, because most patients know what these condition are but may be reluctant to even bring this up to their physician and end up feeingl helpless. But, then there's some really esoteric conditions like "atrial fibrillation not due to an artificial heart valve". Really, what kind of patient out there would (1) even know they have atrial fib or (2) have a strong opinion about what med they are on? Or conditions that are not very common like rheumatoid arthritis?

I don't know how an ED commercial is going to give a guy more courage to talk to their doctor. I don't think they really need commercials either. If you have ED you should know you have an issue. I often wonder how many guys get these pills thrown at them while they slowly die of undiagnosed heart disease. How many of the commercials have guys who look like they are in their fifties? At fifty if you have ED you might want to look into other health problems.

I don't know how an ED commercial is going to give a guy more courage to talk to their doctor. I don't think they really need commercials either. If you have ED you should know you have an issue. I often wonder how many guys get these pills thrown at them while they slowly die of undiagnosed heart disease. How many of the commercials have guys who look like they are in their fifties? At fifty if you have ED you might want to look into other health problems.

I understand how making it mainstream will make more guys feel comfortable to bring it up, which may (and should) lead to the heart condition topic. I also fully agree that you should not have to explain it to your 5 year old daughter. I see both sides, but feel they should be like certain TV content that is only allowed after a certain time in the evening.