What would you trade for Phil Rivers right now?

Topic title.

If we sign Maclin, our offense will look like:

LT Glenn

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Miller

RT Dawkins

FB Dimarco

RB1 Shady

RB2 JWill

TE1 Clay

TE2 O'Leary

WR1Watkins

WR2 Maclin

WR3-5 Jones/Holmes/Brown

QB Tyrod Taylor.

Healthy, the only thing that is going to hold back this offense from being insanely prolific is the QB. Would you be willing to gamble on health to get a QB like Rivers and make a SB run over this year and next? Say TT and a 1st for Rivers? TT and 2 1sts?

What'd be your price?

Edited by jmc12290

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic title.

LT Glenn

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Miller

RT Dawkins

FB Dimarco

RB1 Shady

RB2 JWill

TE1 Clay

TE2 O'Leary

WR1Watkins

WR2 Maclin

WR3-5 Jones/Holmes/Brown

QB Tyrod Taylor.

Healthy, the only thing that is going to hold back this offense from being insanely prolific is the QB. Would you be willing to gamble on health to get a QB like Rivers and make a SB run over this year and next? Say TT and a 1st for Rivers? TT and 2 1sts?

What'd be your price?

No thanks. We're a lot more than just a QB away, even if we get Maclin.

rivers?

no, just go with the plan. they'll draft one or two QB's in next years draft. taylor will (or the next possible savior peterman) fill the gap until 2019 when the rookie will be able to take the helm?

rivers? there's a QB that will be hanging them up soon, like may be his last rodeo this year?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

rivers?

no, just go with the plan. they'll draft one or two QB's in next years draft. taylor will fill the gap until 2019 when the rookie will be able to take the helm?

rivers? there's a QB that will be hanging them up soon, like may be his last rodeo this year?

Why stop there? How about Brady or Rodgers? B-)

brady will play until he's 60. rodgers? I think he has a few good years left. how many seasons did he sit behind farve? that may extent his playing time some. rivers? he just looks like a QB in his twilight years.

Well there's always Luck or Carr since teams are in the habit of trading Franchise Level QBs with them being so readily available in the NFL.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A better question is has anyone ever put a QB as good as Rivers on the block. Closest thing I can think of is the eagles with a fading mid thirties mcnabb. I think the Eagles got a second for mcnabb but Rivers is much better now than MCnabb then though their overall careers are comparble. think they would get at least a first and and a second for Rivers now, more likely two firsts plus.

Why stop there? How about Brady or Rodgers? B-)

Well there's always Luck or Carr since teams are in the habit of trading Franchise Level QBs with them being so readily available in the NFL.

Every QB you mentioned has far more value to their respective team than Phillip Rivers. As usual, you contribute nothing to the topic except your own terrible opinions as if anyone thinks your snark is in the least bit amusing or clever.

No thanks. We're a lot more than just a QB away, even if we get Maclin.

Really? I think our offense could be top 5 with Rivers. That keeps the D off the field, helps them play above their talent level.

I think that makes us a playoff contender. JMO.

rivers?

no, just go with the plan. they'll draft one or two QB's in next years draft. taylor will (or the next possible savior peterman) fill the gap until 2019 when the rookie will be able to take the helm?

I think plans that constitute watching this team sputter until hopefully the savior comes 3+ years from now are terribly upsetting.

Topic title.

LT Glenn

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Miller

RT Dawkins

FB Dimarco

RB1 Shady

RB2 JWill

TE1 Clay

TE2 O'Leary

WR1Watkins

WR2 Maclin

WR3-5 Jones/Holmes/Brown

QB Tyrod Taylor.

What'd be your price?

Odds are the price would include some of the assets listed.

Every QB you mentioned has far more value to their respective team than Phillip Rivers. As usual, you contribute nothing to the topic except your own terrible opinions as if anyone thinks your snark is in the least bit amusing or clever.

Really? I think our offense could be top 5 with Rivers. That keeps the D off the field, helps them play above their talent level.

I think that makes us a playoff contender. JMO.

I think plans that constitute watching this team sputter until hopefully the savior comes 3+ years from now are terribly upsetting.

Waste of time even thinking about any of them since none of the teams would deal them for any price. BTW, I really care what you think. :rolleyes: