New Era Field Sept U2 concert

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of their songs refer to and are inspired by their political views, so you might be spending alot of time in the bathroom waiting for non-political songs. For example, Bullet the Blue Sky was their criticism of what they called Reagan's 'stop Communism at all costs' policy, which provided financial aid to the El Salvador regime while ignoring their human rights abuses.

Their last good album was Joshua Tree.

Their last great album was Unforgettable Fire.

Since then, they've done nothing but get on my nerves. Especially the force-feeding of their new album via iTunes. That was a load of schit.

Their last good album was Joshua Tree.

Their last great album was Unforgettable Fire.

Since then, they've done nothing but get on my nerves. Especially the force-feeding of their new album via iTunes. That was a load of schit.

Regarding the part in bold. You, my sir, are being WAY too kind.

Excellant! Cannot wait too miss it!

You and me both. It's going to be !@#$ing awesome!!!

And I may come back for the opener a few days early so I can miss it in person. :thumbsup:

Edited by Chef Jim

Went to the Saturday show in Chicago. Had not seen them before - loved the show. I too was a bit turned off by the political-ness of the show.

Entertain us, not preach to us. Yes you Mr Bono - Mr $250M+ net worth!

Got a post-concert tour of the stage / backstage which I thought was super interesting for a geek like me.

U2 is an interesting band. Love, love, love a lot of their stuff (mostly early, although I thoroughly enjoy Achtung Baby and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb), but then some of it is gawd-awful (Pop, Zooropa immediately come to mind).

I would certainly go see The Joshua Tree 30 years later tour.

I don't get my panties in a wad over the political commentary. It's his stage, he can say what he wants.

Paging The Dean... Calling Dr. Dean. Deano, you there?

:-)

BTW, I like them...

I'd rather see a Chicago show on Saturday. In the park. On the 4th of July.

Will you help change the world, can you dig it? You are just the man to do it Gug!

:-)

Many of their songs refer to and are inspired by their political views, so you might be spending alot of time in the bathroom waiting for non-political songs. For example, Bullet the Blue Sky was their criticism of what they called Reagan's 'stop Communism at all costs' policy, which provided financial aid to the El Salvador regime while ignoring their human rights abuses.

"Angle of Harlem" is about Billie Holiday.

U2 is an interesting band. Love, love, love a lot of their stuff (mostly early, although I thoroughly enjoy Achtung Baby and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb), but then some of it is gawd-awful (Pop, Zooropa immediately come to mind).

I don't get my panties in a wad over the political commentary. It's his stage, he can say what he wants.

I agree. I don't have a problem if their songs are political as long is I like the music. How many songs over the years have I loved and had no idea what the lyrics where about. Hmmm that would be most of them. What I don't like is using the stage to rant about politics between songs. Shut up and play to preach.

While Yes was a very good band, I don't think is call them the greatest ever.

One's greatest band ever is another's can't stand them. Music is the most subjective things out there and I never get into those "who's better". And speaking of the Who......... :D

I thought I was the only one to give some love to Atomic Bomb.

He actually doesn't get political - at least he didn't - like Dems vs. Republicans, like Springsteen. He'll have videos of Desmond Tutu addressing the crowd and such.