New Era Field Sept U2 concert

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to work at a U2 concert many years ago. I was an usher and the band insisted that ushers, not security guards, guarded the stage so absolutely nobody in the audience jumped the stage. Every usher was being as polite and gentle as they could with the people who tried to get on stage. Near the end of the concert, some girl got halfway on stage and two ushers were trying to hold her back. Bono stopped the show, ran over and started punching the ushers. They let go and Bono brought the girl onstage. Then he said: There's a bunch of security guards roughing up our fans who want to get close to us. Security guards get the **** away from my stage.

I had to work at a U2 concert many years ago. I was an usher and the band insisted that ushers, not security guards, guarded the stage so absolutely nobody in the audience jumped the stage. Every usher was being as polite and gentle as they could with the people who tried to get on stage. Near the end of the concert, some girl got halfway on stage and two ushers were trying to hold her back. Bono stopped the show, ran over and started punching the ushers. They let go and Bono brought the girl onstage. Then he said: There's a bunch of security guards roughing up our fans who want to get close to us. Security guards get the **** away from my stage.

I have to take your story with a grain of salt because that's what I do. But I tend to believe you.

Given that U2 has a long history of bringing fans onstage at shows, I have to think there are infinite other potential sides to that story.

Where was this?

I agree. I'll never trust a man who preaches world equality while pedaling $100 + concert tickets.

I have no problem with people wanting a better world and making millions at the same time. I don't follow him enough to know is his message dramatically clashes with lifestyle.

I have no problem with people wanting a better world and making millions at the same time. I don't follow him enough to know is his message dramatically clashes with lifestyle.

I agree with your point. I've just heard enough from Bono to believe that the guy just likes to hear himself speak. He is full of contradicting points, and bs imo. The guy has been begging governments and individuals to donate money for years. Will we ever see the U2 100% profits go to charity tour? I doubt it. A guy with a net worth of 700 million could certainly afford it, or take the easier path and just close his mouth. I digress. I somewhat like U2, but I don't think quite enough to attend the concert. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I agree with your point. I've just heard enough from Bono to believe that the guy just likes to hear himself speak. He is full of contradicting points, and bs imo. The guy has been begging governments and individuals to donate money for years. Will we ever see the U2 100% profits go to charity tour? I doubt it. A guy with a net worth of 700 million could certainly afford it, or take the easier path and just close his mouth. I digress. I somewhat like U2, but I don't think quite enough to attend the concert.

And your point is well taken as well.

He's no Roger Waters in the hypocrite department.

Radio City Music Hall.

Wow. I'd love to see them there. Punches thrown or not! Bono apparently was quite a fighter on the streets in his teens.

I got this email from the Bills - but it doesn't have a presale password. Are they going to be sending another one out?:

The Buffalo Bills are excited to announce that U2 will headline a concert at New Era Field on September 5, 2017.

As a valued Season Ticket Member, you will have access to purchase seats on Friday, June 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

This offer is not transferable, and ticket availability may be limited. Tickets are limited to four (4) per person. Tickets are not available through the Buffalo Bills box Office.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Monday, June 12 at 10 AM.

I got this email from the Bills - but it doesn't have a presale password. Are they going to be sending another one out?:

The Buffalo Bills are excited to announce that U2 will headline a concert at New Era Field on September 5, 2017.

As a valued Season Ticket Member, you will have access to purchase seats on Friday, June 9, 2017 at 10:00 AM.

This offer is not transferable, and ticket availability may be limited. Tickets are limited to four (4) per person. Tickets are not available through the Buffalo Bills box Office.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Monday, June 12 at 10 AM.

I got a similar email from the Bills. It simply stated to log into my Account Manager and get the tickets through there. Did yours not have the same instructions?

I got an email that said tickets would be available to me Friday at 10AM before pubic, but zero instructions on what to do to get them. lol...

I got an email that said tickets would be available to me Friday at 10AM before pubic, but zero instructions on what to do to get them. lol...

This is what was at the very bottom of my email....

Login to Account Manager using your Account Number/email and password.

•Once logged in click on Purchase Tickets.

•Click the continue button and select U2 Special Offer from the list of items.

•You are eligible to purchase 8 seats per account.

•This offer is not transferable, ticket availability may be limited.

•Tickets are not available through the Buffalo Bills box Office.

Thanks for posting that. My email ends at the last line of what I copy and pasted - and then under that are just the twitter, Facebook, etc. symbols.

Do you have club seats? I heard from somebody that they had a presale this morning?

I got a text from the Bills saying to go to the My Offers section of the MyOneBuffalo app and then register for the presale.

When I did that, I got this email:

Congratulations, by redeeming this offer you will receive Early Ticket Access for U2 at New Era Field on September 5th, 2017.

You will receive an email on Friday, June 9th with information on how to purchase your tickets.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ