Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Why is the future bright? I don't think I understand.

We didn't pick up the 5th year on the WR we gave up 2 firsts for. The last draft yielded an injured lineman who looked slow, a linebacker who supposedly can't cover, and a lineman who apparently gets pushed around. We have an overpaid DT who eats our whole cap (literally), and a 30+ year old running back. Our draft this year yielded a CB who is worse than the guy hes replacing, a WR who projects as a #2, and a Right tackle.

We don't have a QB and we have an old overpaid roster.

Boy, you must be a real joy to have a beer with.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure have a lot of people that think TT is a poor QB. I happen to think he will excel this year and we really don't appreciate what we have. Rex ruined a lot of good things about this team and it is time to get those things back.

Boy, you must be a real joy to have a beer with.

To be fair - im just echoing the sentiments of what i hear on the board. The sarcasm didn't come across I guess.

I liked our last 2 drafts and think you can win with Tyrod. Therefore I am stupid apparently. I think Marcel can turn it around, and think we were 7-9 with some of the worst coaching in the league.

He's had great receivers for the two years he's been starting. He's also had one of the best running backs in football.

If Maclin were younger, I'd be all for this - with the belief that we'll have a new QB next year via the draft. Even if it's via FA, I'm confident that McBeano will upgrade at QB next year. I just think we're a couple seasons from being a legitimately good football team. And Maclin will be at the end of his career by then.

So because YOU feel as though we are a couple of years away from fielding a good football team, that should prevent us from getting a GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER? Okay bud we should just keep this playoff less streak going for 30 years

We didn't pick up the 5th year on the WR we gave up 2 firsts for. The last draft yielded an injured lineman who looked slow, a linebacker who supposedly can't cover, and a lineman who apparently gets pushed around. We have an overpaid DT who eats our whole cap (literally), and a 30+ year old running back. Our draft this year yielded a CB who is worse than the guy hes replacing, a WR who projects as a #2, and a Right tackle.

If Buffalo made the playoffs and Tyrod/the offense had similar numbers to last year. Would you still replace him?

I'm optimistic about McBeano. That's why I say the future is bright.

If Buffalo makes the playoffs and Tyrod's play is a significant reason, then I'd be all for keeping him.

So because YOU feel as though we are a couple of years away from fielding a good football team, that should prevent us from getting a GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER? Okay bud we should just keep this playoff less streak going for 30 years

I feel as though we are a couple of years away from fielding a playoff team, yes. Getting a good 29 year old player now, therefore, makee no sensee. Bud.

To be fair - im just echoing the sentiments of what i hear on the board. The sarcasm didn't come across I guess.

I liked our last 2 drafts and think you can win with Tyrod. Therefore I am stupid apparently. I think Marcel can turn it around, and think we were 7-9 with some of the worst coaching in the league.

My apologies, I didn't pick up on it. I'm also with you in the positive view on the roster and coaching. I think we break the god awful spell this year and I believe Tyrod will be a big reason why.

How many times, with how many QBs, do the Bills have to do this?

Excuses for Tyrod have run out, in my opinion.

He had his chance. He failed. It's time to move on. The future of the rest of the team is bright. The time to move from TT is now.

Maclin, in my opinion, is too old to bring in right now. Adding him to this roster won't = wins.

A 15-14 record with 47 TDs, just 15 turnovers , and over 1000 yards rushing is hardly failed. The defense was the main problem in 2016. Newsflash: Watkins and McCoy have missed a total of 16 games combined since TT has started.Another newsflash-Maclin would be a nice signing. This receiving corp needs all the help it can get.

I don't get this mindset either, honestly. You improve the football team no matter how many "pieces" you are away from contending. You know why? Because thats how you get the bigger free agents to want to sign with you down the road. If you avoid getting good players when you have the chance, in my opinion, you do nothing for the organization as a whole.

I'm optimistic about McBeano. That's why I say the future is bright.

If Buffalo makes the playoffs and Tyrod's play is a significant reason, then I'd be all for keeping him.

I feel as though we are a couple of years away from fielding a playoff team, yes. Getting a good 29 year old player now, therefore, makee no sensee. Bud.

Getting good players always makes sense, esp for a weaker area of the roster.

I guess i see where you're coming from. But if you think you're close this year... don't you pull the trigger and add a player who can help get you over the top?

Especially if it allows you to dump a holmes and try and re-coup a relatively high comp pick. Basically can function as buying a 3rd round pick.

Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy in recruit mode on Jeremy Maclin. Would be a nice get for #Bills. My story: http://on.rocne.ws/2rUd8NN via @DandC

"Maclin caught 343 passes for 4,771 yards and 36 touchdowns with the Eagles, then joined the Chiefs as a free agent and reunited with Reid. In Kansas City the last two years, he caught 131 passes for 1,624 yards and 10 TDs. That type of production would be welcome for a Buffalo team that has Sammy Watkins and a bunch of question marks." Sal M.

Give Maclin a 1 yr deal with a lot of guaranteed money. Pegula can afford it. Then if Tyrod is still average with 3 good receivers (spoiler alert: he will be) then we will know to dump him and trade all of our picks to get a guy in the draft. I like Rosen and I hope he keeps hot tubbing it and talking about politics because then maybe he will fall to us!

Great is a very poor word choice. But they also aren't close to as bad as some folks think they are. Clay was a top 10 TE. Sammy, when healthy, is an elite type wr. Woods is very solid. Hogan was a key member of the Pats and had more YAC last year than Watkins has had in 2 seasons.

I'm all for Maclin and seeing if Tyrod steps up. But there has been talent around him, especially 2 years ago. He is a flawed passer.

Clay wasn't listed because I only listed Receivers, but I see your point there. He is actually our most consistent starting pass catcher with 28 Starts and 28 Games played over the past 2 years. If we want to include him as well then 2016 looks even more ridiculous though. Including TE's we had 10 different starters and only 1 was available for all 16 games (O'Leary).

I also don't see why you're using YAC to justify Chris Hogan, especially when Sammy essentially out-produced his past 2 years in 2015 alone. So on the Pats he caught it 2 yards from scrimmage instead of 30 yards downfield more often, who cares?

In 2015 Hogan started 4 games, played in 16 Games and had 36 Catches for 450 Yards and 2 TDs. He was targeted 59 times in 612 Offensive Snaps.

In 2016 Hogan started 14 Games, played in 15 Games and had 38 Catches for 680 Yards and 4 TDs. He was targeted 58 times in 632 Offensive Snaps.

In 2015 alone Sammy started 13 games and had 60 Catches for 1,047 Yards and 9 TDs. He was targeted 96 times in 714 Offensive Snaps.

This is 100% correct. I think Tyrod deserves another year. After this year, I think the determination can be made a little easier.

No somethibg will happen and people will make some excuse happens every year at the QB position for the past 17 years

Give Maclin a 1 yr deal with a lot of guaranteed money. Pegula can afford it. Then if Tyrod is still average with 3 good receivers (spoiler alert: he will be) then we will know to dump him and trade all of our picks to get a guy in the draft. I like Rosen and I hope he keeps hot tubbing it and talking about politics because then maybe he will fall to us!

Some other team will offer more than 1 year

Just one of these times I wish you'd spoil the lottery numbers instead.

If Buffalo made the playoffs and Tyrod/the offense had similar numbers to last year. Would you still replace him?

Yes. I would. He is not a good enough QB. My goal is SB not a playoff. He has Alex Smith or Dalton written all over him at best. Good enough maybe to get to the playoffs not good enough to win Championships