Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Great teams generally do not need to chase top FA WR's. (Steelers, Pats****, etc.). They find them and develop them--or often they are "great-good WR's" because of the QB's they play with (Eli Rodgers for the Steelers comes to mind).

That said, having a franchise QB def. helps lure a WR, but I think the TT v. Flaco thing is overrated here. There is no #1 receive in Balt. There is a #1 WR in Buffalo, plus Zay Jones. HE went the safer route for him.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not here to spend the Bills' money...I entertain myself watching the machinations of all the would-be capologists posting in the forum.

We already know Pegula isn't interested in "saving" money, and I operate under the presumption that the new front office has a plan to make the best use of that money. In the very recent past I believe the Bills threw $$ at what they hoped would be quick fixes; I now believe there are competent, thoughtful people in place who take a longer view.

I'm almost 100% sure you were calling anyone who had something negative to say about the cap back then "would-be capologists" too.

It's always easy to be right if you just say the fired guys were idiots. :thumbsup:

To Beane: FAIL!

To Maclin: Good for you! Flacco is the WAY BETTER QB. He had a better chance of getting more balls and more money with Flacco than with TT.

what is it with this? you were getting ready to complain if the bills did sign maclin because of some nonsense about not being ready to compete and not worth spending the money. now that maclin isn't on the team, you think it's a fail? do just want to B word about stuff?

what is it with this? you were getting ready to complain if the bills did sign maclin because of some nonsense about not being ready to compete and not worth spending the money. now that maclin isn't on the team, you think it's a fail? do just want to B word about stuff?

If CanadianFan was a soft drink....he would be New Coke.

And Marshall went to NYG, Sanu Atlanta, Marvin Jones Detroit, Boldin Detroit, Desean Jackson TB, Maclin Baltimore, Jeffrey Philly, Patterson Oakland, Wallace Baltimore, Johnson Tennessee, LaFell Cincy, Benajmin SD.

Those were all in the last two years off the top of my head.

Looking it up, 9/10 of the highest WR contracts given to UFA in 2016 were on teams with franchise QB's. 9 out of the top 9 in fact. You gonna tell me that's a coincidence? Can you explain why the best WR Buffalo ever got in FA was the corpse of TO almost a decade ago?

Let's talk about 2014. 13 out of the top 15 UFA WR's signed in 2014 went to franchise QB's. 10 out of the top 11. The only one who didn't in the top 10 was Decker, who got the biggest payday. Woah.

You were saying about the "L?"

In 2017, the highest paid receiver (total value) went to Hoyer, 2nd to Goff, 4th to Kessler, 6th to Wentz, 8th to Glennon. Your point that the top FA receivers only go to the top QBs is patently false. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Apples and oranges.

So a QB with a higher completion rate % and yards is worse than your savior that has done zero in the league? We can ignore his 10-5 post season record and SB ring as well. Only a Bills fan would say TT is better than Flacco.

Only a Bills fan?

About about PFF?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-this-season/

I'm almost 100% sure you were calling anyone who had something negative to say about the cap back then "would-be capologists" too.

It's always easy to be right if you just say the fired guys were idiots. :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to be "right" and I reserve the right to change my opinion based upon changing circumstances. It is very easy to look back and see the questionable decisions made by the Bills in hindsight, even if at the time I tried to take an optimistic view of the situation. I'm a fan.

You don't seem to understand Beane's failings here. 1) the team isn't ready to compete for playoffs and we'd be close to having very little cap room had we signed him. So he SHOULDN'T HAVE PURSUED Maclin. Decision to pursue Maclin despite cap challenges, FAIL #1.

So he made the bad decision, and goes for Maclin. Puts up similar money as Ravens on the table, same kind of guarantee. He didn't do a good enough job SELLING to Maclin that he'd be happier and more successful here in Buffalo. That's FAIL #2.

Bean got lucky that his bad decision didn't result in a worse outcome for the team. Being LUCKY doesn't recuse him from his BAD DECISION and FAILURE TO LURE A FREE AGENT after deciding to go for it.

Edited by CanadianFan

If CanadianFan was a soft drink....he would be New Coke.

that's an insult to any coke product. the dude would be a Tab.

You don't seem to understand Beane's failings here. 1) the team isn't ready to compete for playoffs and we'd be close to having very little cap room had we signed him. So he SHOULDN'T HAVE PURSUED Maclin. Decision to pursue Maclin despite cap challenges, FAIL #1.

So he made the bad decision, and goes for Maclin. Puts up similar money as Ravens on the table, same kind of guarantee. He didn't do a good enough job SELLING to Maclin that he'd be happier and more successful here in Buffalo. That's FAIL #2.

really with this? you're just acting like a little kid here. you want so bad for this new staff to fail. some people just love the misery. like many on here are refusing to sing any praises of the new staff until, "they see results". how about trying the other side of coin and wait to see results before you blast them.

i understand your viewpoint, but it's a lousy one. you reek of trying too hard. have at it champ.

Maclin chose the Ravens because the Wire was based out of Baltimore while the one show based out of Buffalo, Jesse, was terrible. I bet none of you remember that sitcom.

ChristinaApplegate3.jpg

Dabney and Geena Davis' legs in Buffalo Bill

138364951.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=77BFB

Bean got lucky that his bad decision didn't result in a worse outcome for the team. Being LUCKY doesn't recuse him from his BAD DECISION and FAILURE TO LURE A FREE AGENT after deciding to go for it.

You need a hug....hugs sent