Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

off the top of my head..... maybe derrick mason? i know he had a couple of 1000 yd seasons there with flacco.

regardless, the notion that wr's can produce big numbers with flacco has no historical legs to stand on. he's never produced more than average numbers.

Oh I meant that as Torrey is the WR with the most. as far as after that it's as follows:

Torrey Smith 1,128

Steve Smith 1,065

Derrick Mason 1,037

Derrick Mason 1,028

Mike Wallace 1,017

That's all of the 1,000 yard WRs to play with Joe Flacco in his career.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I meant that as Torrey is the WR with the most. as far as after that it's as follows:

Torrey Smith 1,128

Steve Smith 1,065

Derrick Mason 1,037

Derrick Mason 1,028

Mike Wallace 1,017

So is Joe Flacco "elite?" :unsure:

I would replace "QB like Flacco" with "team that throws 42.44 times a game." Sammy's numbers with the Bills would be every bit as good as his numbers with the Ravens if the Bills threw an additional 13 times a game. We have done the per target numbers a million times. Sammy's production is only dependent on his targets (and health). The one time that he was targeted as often as other big time receivers, he led the league in yards over that stretch.

Signed, Kenny Britt

Kenny Britt is a good veteran WR? And he's the only FA WR in the last 5 years?

The takes are scorching in here! It's fun.

and once again, Maclin has not stated the reason he went to Baltimore. The contract and his wife were probably the big reasons. And once again, Flacco the elite QB has the Ravens at 31-33, while the lowly Bills are 30-34 the same time span.

How dare you mention 2015 when TT and Watkins were terrific the second half. You must only judge on 2016 when Watkins played injured and missed many games.

"He hasn't said why, but the reasons I'm giving are right."

So is Joe Flacco "elite?" :unsure:

Yes.

I would replace "QB like Flacco" with "team that throws 42.44 times a game." Sammy's numbers with the Bills would be every bit as good as his numbers with the Ravens if the Bills threw an additional 13 times a game. We have done the per target numbers a million times. Sammy's production is only dependent on his targets (and health). The one time that he was targeted as often as other big time receivers, he led the league in yards over that stretch.

Signed, Kenny Britt

Again, there's a reason we don't throw 13 extra times a game.

And I know Flacco isn't great. I just think his game would suit Sammy's very well,

Torrey Smith 1,128

Steve Smith 1,065

Derrick Mason 1,037

Derrick Mason 1,028

Mike Wallace 1,017

And most of those guys were at the end of their careers or not that good (Torry Smith).

Kenny Britt is a good veteran WR? And he's the only FA WR in the last 5 years?

I would say 1,000+ yards in that dynamic Rams passing attack would classify as "good veteran receiver."

2 years ago Maclin went to play with Alex Smith, Royal went to play with Cutler, Bowe went to play with Manziel, Torrey Smith with Kaep, and Britt with Foles. Those were the 1,2,4,6, and 9th highest wide receiver contracts signed that year. Do you want me to keep going or do you just want to take the "L" and backtrack?

Again, there's a reason we don't throw 13 extra times a game.

And I know Flacco isn't great. I just think his game would suit Sammy's very well,

And most of those guys were at the end of their careers or not that good (Torry Smith).

I know that's what you think but the numbers have never supported him making guys better. Sammy has already produced at that elite level when targeted. The 13 passes correlates to extra targets. Extra targets get him extra yards. If the Bills and Ravens targeted Sammy the same I don't think that the numbers would be very different. In fact, the Bills big play offense and other playmakers may make him more productive. 9-10 targets a game and he's a 1300-1400 yard guy.

Yes.

Starting Stats Comparison:

QB1: 61.5% Cmp%, 236.5 YPG, 241.7 tYPG, 3.8 TD%, 2.5 INT%, 6.9 YPA, 11.2 YPC, 84.5 RAT, 5.75 ANY/A

QB2: 62.6% Cmp%, 208.9 YPG, 248.5 tYPG, 4.5 TD%, 1.5 INT%, 7.4 YPA, 11.9 YPC, 94.2 RAT, 6.55 ANY/A

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I would say 1,000+ yards in that dynamic Rams passing attack would classify as "good veteran receiver."

2 years ago Maclin went to play with Alex Smith, Royal went to play with Cutler, Bowe went to play with Manziel, Torrey Smith with Kaep, and Britt with Foles. Those were the 1,2,4,6, and 9th highest wide receiver contracts signed that year. Do you want me to keep going or do you just want to take the "L" and backtrack?

I know that's what you think but the numbers have never supported him making guys better. Sammy has already produced at that elite level when targeted. The 13 passes correlates to extra targets. Extra targets get him extra yards. If the Bills and Ravens targeted Sammy the same I don't think that the numbers would be very different. In fact, the Bills big play offense and other playmakers may make him more productive. 9-10 targets a game and he's a 1300-1400 yard guy.

The Ravens put more on Flacco to win games than Taylor. I don't think anyone can argue that. Sammy finished 2015 tied for 47th in targets with Nate Washington at 95. Do you think the coaches didn't want to target their best wr more?

Taylor protects the ball well and is a great rusher. He isn't a great passer and we limit our offense because of that.

He won't respond.

Apples and oranges.

So a QB with a higher completion rate % and yards is worse than your savior that has done zero in the league? We can ignore his 10-5 post season record and SB ring as well. Only a Bills fan would say TT is better than Flacco.

Mike Wallace signed a 5 year $60m deal to go play with Ryan Tannehill in Tannehills 2nd year, he wasn't proven then. Wallace was a rumored interest of the Patriots at the time.

And, for what it's worth, one of those stat lines has a significantly larger sample size. But if Flacco is elite, then I'm happy with the first 2 years of Tyrod.

Flacco isn't elite. He is a franchise level qb who is money in the playoffs and has won a SB. Tyrod has a long way to go to reach his level. Despite stats.

The Ravens put more on Flacco to win games than Taylor. I don't think anyone can argue that. Sammy finished 2015 tied for 47th in targets with Nate Washington at 95. Do you think the coaches didn't want to target their best wr more?

Taylor protects the ball well and is a great rusher. He isn't a great passer and we limit our offense because of that.

The last 9 weeks though he was targeted 8.6666 times a game. For perspective that would have had him as the 17th most targeted player if you extrapolate it out (just behind AJ Green). He had more yards than anyone in that stretch. If he gets those 9 targets a game, which isn't crazy, he will be right amongst the league leaders. No one is holding him back. They just need to make it a point to get him the ball like they did when he returned from injurybin 2015 (after he asked for the ball more).

The last 9 weeks though he was targeted 8.6666 times a game. For perspective that would have had him as the 17th most targeted player if you extrapolate it out (just behind AJ Green). He had more yards than anyone in that stretch. If he gets those 9 targets a game, which isn't crazy, he will be right amongst the league leaders. No one is holding him back. They just need to make it a point to get him the ball like they did when he returned from injurybin 2015 (after he asked for the ball more).

They don't trust the qb enough to get him the ball more. Sammy was visible frustrated when he came back from injury.

I guess it is a new offense so we will see if they throw more because imo that is the way you win in today's NFL. But I don't think the old coaches saw Tyrod looking like Rodgers and held him back in games.