Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

I wasn't in any way shape or fort saying RJ was good just that he too may have had an arm.

We need more than JAG.

To date imo TT is JAG.

We need short, middle and deep passing to the whole receiver corps and not special considerations for Sammy.

17 seasons going and the excuses remain the same.

Yawn here to

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't in any way shape or fort saying RJ was good just that he too may have had an arm.

We need more than JAG.

To date imo TT is JAG.

We need short, middle and deep passing to the whole receiver corps and not special considerations for Sammy.

Just bringing up RJ with any comparison to Taylor isn't too bright IMO.

Cards-we blew them out last season. Miami-if the defense showed up the Bills would have been the WC, not Miami. "Spend like there is no tomorrow"-is this a joke?

And Packers aren't a playoff team? Steelers? Texans? Pats? Cowboys? All teams with more cap space than Bills. And you expect Cards to suck again like they did last year? You're out of touch if you do. Dolphins made the playoffs. There are no "but ifs".

So AGAIN, are you arguing this team IS A PLAYOFF TEAM? If not, is this new "management team" mismanaging cap space for a team expected to be mediocre? At least Whaley spent because playoffs were the target. What's the new boys promise?

You can't have it both ways.

Edited by CanadianFan

But I thought we couldn't sign our draft picks if we matched the Mike Gillislee contract and now we have $12M??? I feel shocked. :flirt:

Does it concern anyone else that Maclin rarely creates any separation.........considering that Tyrod is reluctant to throw to covered receivers?

I mean, he's decent on contested passes........for his size.......but he reminds me of a smaller, less physical late-career Eric Moulds.

Never been a fan of Maclin......Alex Smith probably got the best out of him.

Alex Smith has never gotten the best out of any WR. Ever. Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez actually got more out of him.

And if he comes to the Bills for less than $6.8M/year, the Bills massively upgraded WR2 for less.

We need more than JAG.

To date imo TT is JAG.

I need to know what the definition of a JAG starting QB is. Can you compile a list? Going around the league, I see Wentz, Bradford, Alex Smith, Bortles, Tannehill, Hoyer, and Osweiler as guys I don't see taking a squad to the second round if they somehow got to the playoffs. I imagine that constitutes a JAG? I am being serious BTW

And Packers aren't a playoff team? And you expect Cards to suck again like they did last year? You're out of touch if you do. Dolphins made the playoffs. There are no "but if".

So AGAIN, are you arguing this team IS A PLAYOFF TEAM? You can't have it both ways.

The defense was the main problem last season, not the offense. Carson Palmer isn't getting any younger and I already mentioned Miami.

What does "logic and reason" tell you when you think about our current roster of WR's and just staying put and go into the season with only them, as opposed to having Maclin join them?

we are having a kumbaya season. Get to know each other kinda season. New foundation and ways of doing things.

Maclin would be an asset no question.

But should we keep the change in the pennie bank till next season when we might draft another highly skilled player? or Need to go all in on a QB.

Sometimes it is good to hold your cards.

Last couple season we have spent to the Cap, generally speaking under Whaley.

Maybe a frugal approach has it's merits this season.

Like i mentioned, I would be pleased to get JM. No question. He will improve the team the locker room (WRs team) and the Offense as a whole if healthy..

Up to Beane and Coach i guess now.

Go Bills !

Oh, my lord, Tyrod is on there and is under contract. This is about Maclin, not the QB that you have so much disdain for.

OMG you talked aboit cap space next year not being bad. And yes it is when you consider thag ONE point.

And Packers aren't a playoff team? Steelers? Texans? Pats? Cowboys? And you expect Cards to suck again like they did last year? You're out of touch if you do. Dolphins made the playoffs. There are no "but ifs".

So AGAIN, are you arguing this team IS A PLAYOFF TEAM? You can't have it both ways.

Dont you think its a little early to tell one way or the other?

The jets are flat out disgustingly tanking...thats 2 wins in the division right there....Miami ran into a bills team that could not stop the run.....what if we all of a sudden can? Past their RB im not impressed with Miami at all......could easily be another 2 wins in the division.

I dont think we should poo poo on this team for this year just yet....the bills are not making moves like a team that wants to lose...just my opinion sir.

Alex Smith has never gotten the best out of any WR. Ever. Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez actually got more out of him.

And if he comes to the Bills for less than $6.8M/year, the Bills massively upgraded WR2 for less.

Alex Smith was a winner in SF and remained a winner in KC.

His non use of WRs is honestly baffling.

There is a guy who doesn't pass a lot to WRs, has support in the run game and just wins.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Maclin is better than Woods. Maclin is a true number two type.

This type of comment is frustrating.

Rober is a damn good #2 and might just be the best blocking WR in the game. Just because he didn't have huge numbers doesn't mean he's not good. He wasn't used last season in Buffalo and the Rams paid him because they know what they are getting in him.

Funny how fans on these websites put huge stock in scrubs like Hogan and Listenbee and down talk true WRs like Robert.

As for Maclin, he would make a nice addition to a thin inexperienced group. I can see him playing outside as well as slot, but expect more two TE formations.

There is a guy who doesn't pass a lot to WRs, has support in the run game and just wins.

Thats Coaching my friend

OMG you talked aboit cap space next year not being bad. And yes it is when you consider thag ONE point.

We have a QB and is a starter in this league, just not someone you like, Tom Brady's don't grow on trees. So 23.5million in cap space is not bad.

TT had more total TDs in 2016 then Smith. KC also has had a much better defense.

Edited by JM2009