Chick-fil-a coming to Cheektowaga!!!!

Wacka

Saw on the Buffalo News web site that Chick-fil-a will be opening a location in Cheektowaga. It will be at the location of the Famous Dave's on Walden avenue that closed last month. It will be just off the Thruway, across from Target and basically kitty corner from the Galleria Mall at exit 52.

Edited by Wacka

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll see what all the hype is about. After the crowds die down a bit.

you won't be disappointed...the mc-chicken ain't got nothing on chick-fil-a...takes chicken sandwiches to a whole different level...and their waffle fries, with their endless signature dipping sauces are out of this world...

Edited by JaCrispy

Guess I'll see what all the hype is about. After the crowds die down a bit.

I do fast food a few times/year (usually when I'm traveling). Chick-fil-a is my first choice (followed by Wendy's) and the others do bad, bad things to me. It's still fast food, but the food and service is better than most. I also respect that they close on Sunday. But that's just me. Don't set your expectations TOO high. It is good, but it is what it is.

Almost too good to be considered fast food.

Popeye's is at the top of the next tier for me.

you won't be disappointed...the mc-chicken ain't got nothing on chick-fil-a...takes chicken sandwiches to a whole different level...and their waffle fries, with their endless signature dipping sauces are out of this world...

McD's is on UberEATS now, which is great, but Chic-fil-A needs to follow suit. If that happens, I'll likely never eat McD's again.

Things are too convenient these days...

A very good friend has a kid who works at CFA. They are taught to follow the Ritz Carlton practice of replacing "you're welcome" with "my pleasure". Little things make a difference. A cut above.

Here in Central Florida, they're very popular and extremely busy. I drive by several daily and the drive thru lines are wrapped around the building and the lots are full all day long. The one closest to my house is so busy, I bet they are pulling down $1 mil a week in sales. It's just off the interstate and is packed open to close 6 days a week.

A very good friend has a kid who works at CFA. They are taught to follow the Ritz Carlton practice of replacing "you're welcome" with "my pleasure". Little things make a difference. A cut above.

They never say that to me. I was just there Wednesday, and they didn't say that.

They never say that to me. I was just there Wednesday, and they didn't say that.

Probably because they have the opposite of "Wanted Posters" in the employees area. :)

I actually have noticed it in many locations, but I'm sure it's not perfect.

I do fast food a few times/year (usually when I'm traveling). Chick-fil-a is my first choice (followed by Wendy's) and the others do bad, bad things to me. It's still fast food, but the food and service is better than most. I also respect that they close on Sunday. But that's just me. Don't set your expectations TOO high. It is good, but it is what it is.

I am a couple times a year guy myself but I've never been to the Chick. I'm a Jack in the Box guy. Have been disappointed the last couple times however.

In hometown Atlanta it's so popular they have cops managing the traffic around these places. It's crazy! The opposite of Yogi Bera, it's so good no one would go there. (Or something like that.....give me a break!)

I must be the only one who doesn't care for this place. It's not awful, but it's nothing special. Jmo. We have several in Cbus and they aren't typically very crowded.

Nope. Same here. I agree, nothing special. They have them here. Too many other better food options. Must be a Southern thing like Sonic. That place is terrible too.

I respect the Sunday thing. MORE places should practice Blue Laws. Went to Indy 500 on Sunday. "Yep we will stop and get a few brews to pack in cooler for track." Little did anybody, but me, know that Indiana doesn't sell package goods (@ stores) on Sunday. Nice and convenient to avoid the whole booze thing! But, I could only use the excuse (that I didn't know) once before others catch on. I live right on Indiana Line. On Sunday I get my booze in Illinois and firearms and fireworks in Indiana. Thank God Indy is in middle of state.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/81963/11-filling-facts-you-might-not-know-about-chick-fil

Hope You win Wacka!

"...EVERY TIME A NEW LOCATION OPENS, 100 PEOPLE EAT FREE FOR A YEAR.

The ever-expanding chain has a tradition that hardcore fans eagerly anticipate. The First 100 program celebrates the opening of each new Chick-fil-A location by giving the first 100 people in line free meals (one per week) for an entire year. Customers often camp out to be a part of that select few, and winners have successfully flipped their passes on eBay for cold hard cash. According to the Tampa Bay Times, there is even one superfan who has attended over 110 camp outs and has traveled up to 2900 miles for a single opening..."