At what point did the 90's nostalgia wear off for you?

Seriously, Jauron made me a sad person on so many levels. He just sucks the life and soul out of people.

He is depressing. Sort of like Charlie Brown, but, no redeeming qualities.

But, "it's hard to win in the NFL".

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean? That's the only reason why I'm still a Bills fan.

Yeah, it makes me wonder if those teams never happened would the franchise even be here anymore?

Not a big fan of 'what ifs', but it's an interesting thought.

It wore off for me when Jim retired, Thurman was gone, and Bruce had left. The hope I had in the future was destroyed by a forward lateral. Since that moment it has been a smorgasbord of misery in various shapes and sizes.

I'm still very, very nostalgic for the "golden" era of Bills football, and that's never going to change. The team did jump the shark for me quite a bit though the day that Marv was hired as GM. Polian, Butler, and yes TD were very respected throughout the league and I never got the sense that the team wasn't trying to succeed under them.... but when Marv came back, the clown show officially began, and the Bills have been pretty much irrelevant and a league laughing stock ever since. Here's to the new regime restoring credibility back to the franchise!

...post Polian patchwork as in FO/Admin/Coaching with people not qualified for in football positions, football people past their prime and coaching retreads prolonged the schneid...hopeful.?...sure....doubtful?...more so.....result?...not worth repeating...............

I lived off of the feeling from those years for the past few decades.

My basement was completely decked out in 90's Bills memorabilia.

About three years ago i packed it all up and moved on. The Bills are still my team, I'll always get the opening day butterflies, but there's only so long you can look at the same Thurman, Reed, Kelly, Bruce stuff. It started feeling a bit sad like I was living in the past.

I'm hoping one day those old butterflies come back in full force but they've been dying out for years.

Thus fanbase needs something new to cheer about in the worst way.

Edited by likei've

I lived off of the feeling from those years for the past few decades.

My basement was completely decked out in 90's Bills memorabilia.

About three years ago i packed it all up and moved on. The Bills are still my team, I'll always get the opening day butterflies, but there's only so long you can look at the same Thurman, Reed, Kelly, Bruce stuff. It started feeling a bit sad like I was living in the past.

I'm hoping one day those old butterflies come back in full force but they've been dying out for years.

Thus fanbase needs something new to cheer about in the worst way.

This post pretty much sums up exactly what I was getting at with my original post

This post pretty much sums up exactly what I was getting at with my original post

I definitely know how you feel. I was the guy that everyone would give Bills stuff too for every birthday and xmas.

I had to eventually tell people I didn't have anymore room because I just wasn't feeling it anymore.

It was actually a really sad day the first time I dvrd a game and didn't watch it live (I'd never even think of foong that before) but I was getting tired of spending my entire Sunday getting bummed over a team that wasn't even competing for anything in November.

Like you I was a kid watching the glory years, and the feeling stuck wth me probably a lot longer than it should have.

Edited by likei've

Why does nostalgia wear off? It's nostalgia.

I'll always have the nostalgia for that team and those players but maybe the degree of nostalgia/passion is wearing away.

Obviously I'll always look back fondly on those years but for a long time those Bills and those Sunday's growing up really fueled my football fire.

I feel like it's slowly being extinguished over time.

Like I said, opening day I always have those same butterflies. But in keeping up with the analogy it's kind of like every year a few die off.

Edited by likei've

Yeah I moreso cherish that time in my life, the Bills were a great backstory from 6th grade through freshman year of college. What a great time period in a young man's life to have your favorite team be great.

I don't even want them to be good for myself anymore, I want it for my younger cousins nieces and nephews. I want them to experience the community and the vibe all around. Those 90's Bills really brought the area together.

Yeah I moreso cherish that time in my life, the Bills were a great backstory from 6th grade through freshman year of college. What a great time period in a young man's life to have your favorite team be great.

I don't even want them to be good for myself anymore, I want it for my younger cousins nieces and nephews. I want them to experience the community and the vibe all around. Those 90's Bills really brought the area together.

Then, and I suspect even to this day, what happens on Sunday affects the mood of the city the next week. Much more than almost any other NFL city.

Why does nostalgia wear off? It's nostalgia.

I think in the Bills case they've been so pathetic for so long that they constantly have to cram the 90s nostalgia down your throat that it just lost its luster for me.

Like I keep saying, deep down I still love that era but I just wish we could've had some other bright spots over the last two decades so we wouldn't have to always reflect back on the 90s anytime we want to feel good about the Bills.

I think in the Bills case they've been so pathetic for so long that they constantly have to cram the 90s nostalgia down your throat that it just lost its luster for me.

Like I keep saying, deep down I still love that era but I just wish we could've had some other bright spots over the last two decades so we wouldn't have to always reflect back on the 90s anytime we want to feel good about the Bills.

I really do understand that, but I tend to think it is what it is. I don't like those days any more or any less because of what's happened in between. But whatever people feel, that's OK.....Feel your feelings.

The third year was the beginning of the edge being lost as BIlls fans couldn't bother to sell out the playoff game against Houston, so it was a blackout on TV locally.

That would have been impossible for the Ickey Shuffle, Ronnie Harmon Drop and first 2 SB seasons.

And the rest of the NFL was sick of the Bills getting systematically torn to shreds at the SB as well.

They couldn't sell out by the deadline for TV...still over 75,000 in attendance