Tim Graham:Whaley wasted everyone's time.

But.... do you really think that Dak over cardale changes anything? Even in hindsight odds are Dak doesn't play last year... and if he does he'd be the rookie thrown into the always great situation of two coordinators in the first month of his career. That pick wouldn't be a job saver at that point

Carr is a different discussion. But even that is taking a qb just one year after EJ who had an ok rookie year despite all kinds of bad circumstances. Then dropping Carr into the same bad circumstance (and that's ignoring the question of where do we actually pick him)

I think the coach issue is much more central to the discussion of what really torpedoed Whaley if we aren't using hindsight to project other teams success with day two qbs as missed opportunities for our less than ideal situation for young qbs

The EJM thing simply doesn't add up, nor does it absolve anyone associated with it. Nix was on his way out the door. This was widely understood despite the political blah-blah from Russ Brandon. Brandon, Nix, and Whaley had their roles in bringing on Doug Marrone. And the four to them had their roles in selecting EJ Manuel. As the 1st QB taken in the draft, it is hardly convincing to try to minimize or pivot that selection. EJM was the franchise QB that the clown show chose. But EJM was done in Buffalo by the end of his rookie season.

The splatter from the fan is enough to get some on everyone here. Nobody involved should get a free pass. It isn't about who to cherry-pick for a pardon. At the very least, Whaley got it wrong with his board and continued to compound his mistakes with his delusional take that EJM was the next Ben Roethlisberger.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree and dislike, but when your biggest complaint within the Bills Universe is Tim Graham there is obviously something more at play.

LA was one of a group that attacked Graham when he was posting here......and LA was dead wrong for doing so.

Chasing Graham off denied the forum of potential input from him..........so LA hurt the forum.

Rather than own up to his mistake he has made it a vendetta to run the guy down here..............even as Graham earns accolades for his work, making it even more clear it was our loss.

That's the deal with LA.......he has done things to hurt the forum and rather than own up to them he pretends it's not so.

That's why I called him out for his fan shaming and attempts to shout down discussion on the developing issues within the organization at the beginning of the drought.

Guy is full of bad takes......and that's a problem when people displace their frustration with the organization by dumping on the fanbase and/or media.

Ah.

I think you just don't like the way he made you look......and possibly feel......when he left here.

Lotta' people here were disappointed with your unnecessary bullsh*t behavior that lead to Graham deciding to stop voluntarily contributing to a forum which does nothing for him professionally.

Basically chased Lori off in the process too.

Congratulations on that.......if it hasn't been said before.

Trolling is your thing but you don't want to be perceived as a troll.

Go back to the threads where Graham got his panties twisted.

Now find all of my contributions that led to him leaving.

Post them here.

Go ahead.

We'll wait.

Thanks for a thoughtful response. My problem with Graham is much less about his writing and much more about him as a human.

He's a fine writer, and by that I mean he is able to take stories and make them readable. As the internet has proven, it's not near as difficult as sports journalists would have you believe. I would also argue -- and this is completely a subjective take -- that awards like Pulitzer, Nobel, AP, Academy Awards, Emmy, Tony, etc. carry little water but for two groups: the people who give them, and the people who receive them. They're most often different sides of the same coin.

But look past his articles and at the person who wrote them and it is much less celebratory. You realize he doesn't care about what he does so much as he cares what people think of him for doing it. Now add in his lazy penchant for prodding the low-hanging fruit that is a saddened Bills fan. Note his sarcastic, condescending game-time comments. Read how he responds to anyone who disagrees with him, followed by his fanboys joining in for a chorus of "If only everyone were as smart us Tim and his followers."

Whish is why I refer to him as the Donald Trump of sports writers.

I understand people being irritated by his twitter. He's pretty snarky. I've always found it pretty funny, but no doubt very snarky and sarcastic. But while I don't read everything he's read, I read a lot, and I get just the opposite impression, that he's a guy I'd like to have a beer with and talk sports. And nobody who knows him says anything bad about him that I've seen.

But the stuff about how the Pulitzer means nothing and the net has shown how writing is easy ... that just says a lot more about you than what you're writing about.

And that stuff about prodding saddened Bills fans? I'm a saddened Bills fan. Never noticed anything untoward. Nor anything condescending. He says bad things about a bad team. That, I understand.

The Bills scouting department has been long overdue for an overhaul and from what I've seen from them over the years this is a great move.

While new Bills GM Brandon Beane is also a rookie GM like the last four. The new Bills coaching staff has a great amount of NFL experience to help him along. In my view none of those past GM's were not even qualified to be an NFL GM and the last two were not allowed complete control while being helped along by a previous non qualified GM.

Just looking at the latest draft, free agency gives me the impression that things are changing for the better as the team now has an extra 2018 1st round pick and filled a bunch of needs at the same time.

I look at the team and have to believe that things have changed greatly for the better. No more Rex, Whaley, crappy scouts or Brandon involved in football operations.

Fair enough to believe that. It could be true.

And agreed that cleaning out the deadwood was a good start. Doesn't prove that the new guys will be better. But it could be. For what it's worth, I'm hopeful, but I generally have been at least a bit positive about most new regimes. Proof's in the pudding, as always.

I like what they're saying. But I've liked what a lot of new folks said.

What he wrote is false.

He will prove this to you when he resurrects the thread, shows you all of my posts that forced Tim Graham to run away, hurt Badol's feelings, and ruin this website.

I'm not new here. I remember when Graham was here and vaguely that he was annoyed off. Don't remember any of the names of the people who did it. But I've always admired Wawrow for hanging around.

But didn't most of the old archive of this site get destroyed and become unavailable? Am I confused about that?

Go back to the threads where Graham got his panties twisted.

Now find all of my contributions that led to him leaving.

Post them here.

Go ahead.

We'll wait.

Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

The handful of other haters who trolled Graham here have either given up or gone away.........it was dumb then and looks dumber in retrospect.

But you can't let it go.

Graham, like John Wawrow today, was found money for this site.......and if you judge the quality of one's humanity by their responses to the incessant trolling on twitter.....a forum that does actually further him professionally....... then you are clearly not a very good judge.

You want me to research your posts from 17 years ago too........or am I to assume you are owning those? Either way, you'll have to keep wanting.

Basically chased Lori off in the process too.

I remember when Lori was here. Without commenting on what you're saying about how she left, she was a real asset to these boards. And a general good egg.

Recommended several books to me that I just loved. Most particularly several collections of the journalism of W.C. Heinz. I've always been grateful to her.

...Graham is a sorry waste of time.....pretty easy and convenient to ignore the OBD "Dysfunction Junction" since the Polian era......Whaley gave it a shot and fell short....he'll land elsewhere while poor Timmy is stuck in Buffalo disgruntled....

But the stuff about how the Pulitzer means nothing and the net has shown how writing is easy ... that just says a lot more about you than what you're writing about.

And that stuff about prodding saddened Bills fans? I'm a saddened Bills fan. Never noticed anything untoward. Nor anything condescending. He says bad things about a bad team. That, I understand.

The Pulitzer stuff I admitted, straight up, to being subjective. People giving their peers awards means less to me than it does to those who need to receive them. It does say a lot about me, which is what opinions tend to do. Fortunately, I don't care what people think of me. If I did, I'd probably be butt-hurt about what Badol just wrote to you about me, then I'd cry and run away from this forum.

But, y'know, you'd have to be pretty thin-skinned to leave a sports team message board because someone hurt your feelings.

I'm fairly certain the Graham thread happened after the crash. He can find it in the archives. We'll wait.

I'm off to be with my family for the day, but will try to keep an eye open for when he posts everything I put in that thread to run him off and ruin this board.

The Pulitzer stuff I admitted, straight up, to being subjective. People giving their peers awards means less to me than it does to those who need to receive them. It does say a lot about me, which is what opinions tend to do. Fortunately, I don't care what people think of me. If I did, I'd probably be butt-hurt about what Badol just wrote to you about me, then I'd cry and run away from this forum.

But, y'know, you'd have to be pretty thin-skinned to leave a sports team message board because someone hurt your feelings.

I'm fairly certain the Graham thread happened after the crash. He can find it in the archives. We'll wait.

I'm off to be with my family for the day, but will try to keep an eye open for when he posts everything I put in that thread to run him off and ruin this board.

Graham follows the team as a profession.....he didn't need Bills talk for entertainment.........Lori got him to come here and contribute and hopefully become a member of the community......which was discouraged pretty quickly by a small but vocal group of haters.

You can keep your eye peeled all you want......I wouldn't move a finger on this forum at your request......you and your mouse can do your own research.........your stack of bulls*t reasons for hating Tim Graham say it all.

But fwiw, as much as I bust on you for your dumb Graham takes......I do not judge you as a human for it. I think like some other people here you just can't direct the Bills frustration where it belongs.

...Graham is a sorry waste of time.....pretty easy and convenient to ignore the OBD "Dysfunction Junction" since the Polian era......Whaley gave it a shot and fell short....he'll land elsewhere while poor Timmy is stuck in Buffalo disgruntled....

Whaley was just here professionally.......as evidenced by how fast he got out of town........so maybe he felt "stuck in Buffalo disgruntled".

Graham returned to Buffalo for family reasons.

Not sure why everyone who lives in WNY has to be considered disgruntled by those who don't...........it may be lost on some of you exiles but the biggest issue for the Bills is fan apathy not fan frustration. Hasn't been any picketing at OBD that I am aware of. :lol:

Graham follows the team as a profession.....he didn't need Bills talk for entertainment.........Lori got him to come here and contribute and hopefully become a member of the community......which was discouraged pretty quickly by a small but vocal group of haters.

You can keep your eye peeled all you want......I wouldn't move a finger on this forum at your request......you and your mouse can do your own research.........your stack of bulls*t reasons for hating Tim Graham say it all.

But fwiw, as much as I bust on you for your dumb Graham takes......I do not judge you as a human for it. I think like some other people here you just can't direct the Bills frustration where it belongs.

A class post, thanks, much needed by the board!

A GM who is clueless about finding a QB wastes the fans time and wastes the time of the coaches and the players on the roster.Shame that Kyle will never play in an important football game because Whaley was so inept.

That said...Ralph wasted our time as well.

A GM who is clueless about finding a QB wastes the fans time and wastes the time of the coaches and the players on the roster.Shame that Kyle will never play in an important football game because Whaley was so inept.

That said...Ralph wasted our time as well.[/quot

Tell folks at Roswell Park and multiple other charitable cause how much time Ralph wasted

That said...Ralph wasted our time as well.[/quot

Tell folks at Roswell Park and multiple other charitable cause how much time Ralph wasted

...or about how his will calls for his entire $1.4 billion dollar fortune to be disbursed to charities within 20 years...a mindless, clueless yapper of zero substance............

That said...Ralph wasted our time as well.

Yep. Total POS of an NFL owner (great humanitarian though).

Disagree and dislike, but when your biggest complaint within the Bills Universe is Tim Graham there is obviously something more at play.

LA was one of a group that attacked Graham when he was posting here......and LA was dead wrong for doing so.

Chasing Graham off denied the forum of potential input from him..........so LA hurt the forum.

Rather than own up to his mistake he has made it a vendetta to run the guy down here..............even as Graham earns accolades for his work, making it even more clear it was our loss.

That's the deal with LA.......he has done things to hurt the forum and rather than own up to them he pretends it's not so.

That's why I called him out for his fan shaming and attempts to shout down discussion on the developing issues within the organization at the beginning of the drought.

Guy is full of bad takes......and that's a problem when people displace their frustration with the organization by dumping on the fanbase and/or media.

You were eager to post the above take down on me, but too lazy to spend a moment to find out how unbelievably wrong you were?

To recap: It's not difficult for you to make false accusations about me, but it's too difficult to find Tim in the members section, look at his content and find the Tim Graham thread right here.

Guess who never posted in it? Guess who never did anything you suggested above? C'mon. Take a guess. You can do it.

But yeah...I'm the one who hurts this forum.

No one is "stuck in Buffalo". Graham has had many options and chose to stay in Buffalo because it's a great place to live.

No one is "stuck in Buffalo". Graham has had many options and chose to stay in Buffalo because it's a great place to live.

...who the hell is knocking Buffalo?.....a journalist of his enviable prowess should be able to go anywhere to write about winners......

You were eager to post the above take down on me, but too lazy to spend a moment to find out how unbelievably wrong you were?

To recap: It's not difficult for you to make false accusations about me, but it's too difficult to find Tim in the members section, look at his content and find the Tim Graham thread right here.

Guess who never posted in it? Guess who never did anything you suggested above? C'mon. Take a guess. You can do it.

But yeah...I'm the one who hurts this forum.

I forgot how that went down and that the final straw was some poster didn't like ESPN.com. I was never a big TG detractor or supporter but in hindsight it does seem a little think-skinned, even if I understand where they guy was coming from.