Tim Graham:Whaley wasted everyone's time.

No, you really are knocking Buffalo.

Assuming that a successful person would want to be elsewhere just because he's successful, you may not have been thinking that way, but it is absolutely what you're implying.

Journalists don't have any particular reason to care whether the team they're writing about wins or loses. It's fans who care about that. If Graham stays here it's probably because he likes Buffalo. And that in fact is what he's written several times.

Agreed, but it won't be smart people making those calls.

I see a season of around 6 or 7 wins. It's the most common guess league-wide on us. We're a team climbing out of major cap problems, a team that is switching schemes on both sides of the ball, a team apparently without a franchise QB, and not a wildly talented roster right now.

So yeah, there'll be calls for their heads, but the Pegulas will have understood that some time is likely to be necessary

:thumbsup: I'm willing to tank and rebuild; as long as I see progress and good decisions. In 1986 you knew good decisions were being made and reason for hope!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you seriously believe that I am critical of BB and the Pat organization? They are the model to follow. On personnel issues, cap management, coaching etc. they are ahead of the curve. Belichick certainly does focus on winning games, as do most other organizations and staffers. The difference is he is smarter and established an organization where he everyone on the staff from top to bottom are imbued with the same ethos and approach to their jobs. Compare that to the Bills who have a history of ill-fitting misfits working in cross purposes throughout the organization?

Let me say what I have said in prior posts that has drawn scathing responses: There is no quick fix to the mess that the new regime inherited. At the minimum it is going to take at least three years before getting to the point of being taken seriously. That's what happens when you go a quarter of a century without a franchise qb. When the spendthrift Pegula hired Rex he lost a lot of credibility and allowed the buffoon coach to set this franchise back a number of years. On that malignant hire the onus is on the owners.

I don't believe you and I differ in our assessment of the organization and how it has functioned over the past generation or so. This backwater organization desperately needed to be restaffed and modernized. Only time will tell but I think the earnest but confused owner has learned from some of his glaring mistakes. So far I'm encouraged by the reorganization and new staff. There seems to be more of a vision and less of an incremental and patchwork approach to running the operation. I'm cautiously optimistic but realize that it is going to take more time than most others do.

No, I wasn't saying you were critical of BB.

I was saying BB, like it or not, deny it or not, is the metric. The Patriots own our division. Until the Bills can compete with BB, they will continue to be nothing more than an afterthought, as they have been for this millennium.

I was saying BB, like it or not, deny it or not, is the metric. The Patriots own our division. Until the Bills can compete with BB, they will continue to be nothing more than an afterthought, as they have been for this millennium.

I was reading the other day that McDermott was being Belichickian and quizzing his guys on game day situational scenarios. Or maybe it was wishful thinking on my part

:thumbsup:

Right on and the bottomline; some much needed reality!! Great post!

Doug Whaley's approach to drafting QBs was all wrong imho...i call it the cave man mentality...with both EJ and Cardale, we drafted purely on physical size and strength...accuracy and football IQ didn't seem to be important to Whaley...and to me, those are more important than physical size or how someone's smile might light up a room when they walk in...he just seemed to focus on the wrong things when judging a QB.

There is truth in that, look at Flutie, had all the wrong physical attributes but could play like nobody's business.

There is truth in that, look at Flutie, had all the wrong physical attributes but could play like nobody's business.

didn't win a playoff game

i place him somewhere between 60 and 100 for QB's i've watched over 45 years