DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Emails: Jake Tapper tore into BuzzFeed's Ben Smith claiming that publication of the Steele dossier made CNN's story "less serious and credible" and "damaged" its impact. Tapper said in terms of collegiality, "it was like stepping on my dick."

Read your contract Jake.  When you signed on with CNN you agreed to cut off any vestige of dignity you may have left

• Haha (+1) 1

CNN was happy to report on the fact that super partisan hack Comey briefed the dossier to the president

- But CNN didn’t want people to see what a pile of crap the actual document was.

That’s not reporting. It’s propaganda.

https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/status/1094064130007302144 …

Political Cartoons by Ken Catalino

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Read your contract Jake.  When you signed on with CNN you agreed to cut off any vestige of dignity you may have left

Also your contract with CNN requires you to call it "stepping on my Acosta."

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

That happened at the very end of their inquisition. It’s very broad and vague though. He’s been an attorney for quite some time and the way the inquisitor asked the question could be interpreted as have you ever... 

Pretty sure he’s become aware of pardons somewhere along the long dusty trail. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Nanker said:

That happened at the very end of their inquisition. It’s very broad and vague though. He’s been an attorney for quite some time and the way the inquisitor asked the question could be interpreted as have you ever... 

Pretty sure he’s become aware of pardons somewhere along the long dusty trail. 

So the President has the legal right to issue pardons and has to run them through DOJ. All Presidents issue pardons.  Nothing out of the ordinary. 

30 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

So the President has the legal right to issue pardons and has to run them through DOJ. All Presidents issue pardons.  Nothing out of the ordinary. 

I've long heard it rumored that 44 issued a slew of secret pardons his last week in office, including a bunch for the spygate folks (Brennan, McCain, Reid, Clinton, Kerry, and more). Never confirmed this, but have heard it from enough legit people that I can't quite dismiss it entirely. 

Of course, if that's true, it puts the slow roll out of this sting operation into perspective. 

Funny how Schiff has subtly move the goalposts - 

Now Mueller is doing Trump's bidding, backing off investigations because Trump says so. Just a few weeks ago Mueller was unimpeachable, must be defended at all costs - going as far as to push legislation to protect him. 

Now Mueller is not doing enough per Schiff. 

Schiffty is scared. And he should be. -30

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've long heard it rumored that 44 issued a slew of secret pardons his last week in office, including a bunch for the spygate folks (Brennan, McCain, Reid, Clinton, Kerry, and more). Never confirmed this, but have heard it from enough legit people that I can't quite dismiss it entirely. 

Of course, if that's true, it puts the slow roll out of this sting operation into perspective. 

Please, pretty please with molasses on it - NOT one for Adam Schiff!

Just now, Nanker said:

Please, pretty please with molasses on it - NOT one for Adam Schiff!

AGREED. 

Though I do think part of the slow roll out has been due to trying to find a way to work around the existing pardons (by waiting until they committed new crimes for which to charge them under). I don't think you can preemptively pardon someone as POTUS, so if they couldn't nail them on collusion/conspiracy charges they could get them for, let's say, felony leaking. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Im not sure — I don’t think it exists — but if a President has a broad power to pardon someone, then there should be a concomitant duty to publish who’s pardoned, and what for.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, snafu said:

Im not sure — I don’t think it exists — but if a President has a broad power to pardon someone, then there should be a concomitant duty to publish who’s pardoned, and what for.

That's why I've never bought into that one fully, it seems too Tom Clancy for me. But I keep hearing it from people in the DC orbit so I don't know. I would think there would have to be a public record for them to be legal as well. Seems logical. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wouldn’t they have to have been convicted of a crime to be pardoned? So in this scenario, they would be secretly charged, secretly convicted, and then secretly pardoned. The idea of a secret pardon to absolve cronies of any future prosecution is bad enough on its own from an ethics standpoint, but the implication that citizens can be convicted in secret is downright terrifying. I really hope this rumor isnt true for that reason alone, aside from wanting to see those you mentioned held accountable for their scummy behavior. 

• Like (+1) 3

The DoJ states all names of those pardoned, the paperwork is privileged.

4 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Wouldn’t they have to have been convicted of a crime to be pardoned? So in this scenario, they would be secretly charged, secretly convicted, and then secretly pardoned. The idea of a secret pardon to absolve cronies of any future prosecution is bad enough on its own from an ethics standpoint, but the implication that citizens can be convicted in secret is downright terrifying. I really hope this rumor isnt true for that reason alone, aside from wanting to see those you mentioned held accountable for their scummy behavior. 

President Ford pardoned former President Nixon without a prior conviction.

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1