DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

46 minutes ago, row_33 said:

The DoJ states all names of those pardoned, the paperwork is privileged.

President Ford pardoned former President Nixon without a prior conviction.

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

No.

While y’all were setting me straight I did some research after I posted and realized I was wrong about the conviction thing, which actually makes me feel a little better about my concerns about the thought of citizens being charged and convicted in secret, but it raises another interesting point depending on the timeline of events. If indeed these secret pardon rumors are true, It would imply that the president had knowledge of these crimes. If the secret pardons were granted before any of the individuals had been otherwise accused of the crimes for which they were pardoned, by pardoning them Obama would be implicating himself at minimum as having knowledge and looking the other way, if not as being involved directly. 

35 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

While y’all were setting me straight I did some research after I posted and realized I was wrong about the conviction thing, which actually makes me feel a little better about my concerns about the thought of citizens being charged and convicted in secret, but it raises another interesting point depending on the timeline of events. If indeed these secret pardon rumors are true, It would imply that the president had knowledge of these crimes. If the secret pardons were granted before any of the individuals had been otherwise accused of the crimes for which they were pardoned, by pardoning them Obama would be implicating himself at minimum as having knowledge and looking the other way, if not as being involved directly. 

I don’t doubt a lot of strange stuff has gone down in the history of the US.

secret pardons, if required, are better off not being broadcast, and I doubt it happened 

Ford’s pardon of Nixon is the most notorious pardon to date, an event not forgotten by anyone alive at the time, right up there with the moon landing for memories.

Edited by row_33

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

I don’t doubt a lot of strange stuff has gone down in the history of the US.

secret pardons, if required, are better off not being broadcast, and I doubt it happened 

Ford’s pardon of Nixon is the most notorious pardon to date, an event not forgotten by anyone alive at the time, right up there with the moon landing for memories.

I would not doubt the likelihood of secret pardons, not in the least.  Seems tailor made to suit the psychology of political elites, and would seem to have broad appeal to both major parties. 

The interesting question for me would be If a secret pardon existed, would Trump be able and willing to declassify and reveal the details? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would not doubt the likelihood of secret pardons, not in the least.  Seems tailor made to suit the psychology of political elites, and would seem to have broad appeal to both major parties. 

The interesting question for me would be If a secret pardon existed, would Trump be able and willing to declassify and reveal the details? 

How is one convicted of a secret non-impeachment crime again the United States, and then get pardoned and nobody knows?

33 minutes ago, row_33 said:

How is one convicted of a secret non-impeachment crime again the United States, and then get pardoned and nobody knows?

You're badgering the witness!!!

it seems to me we live in a world of uneasy political alliances, where each party allows members of the other party to get away with certain indiscretions that regular folks would not.  See Eliot Spitzer, for example.  I think the ruling class treats some of these issues under the theory that if one side pushes hard for conviction/jail time, they know it's just a matter of time before the pendulum swings back.  Thus, under the theory of mutually assured destruction, things slide. It seems a logical next step to a formalized, keep it quiet for the good of the nation (or whatever) and you do yours, we'll do ours. 

as for the secret pardon dealio, who knows?  I guess my point was it would not surprise me in the least. Then again maybe I've watched too many Soprano episodes. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're badgering the witness!!!

it seems to me we live in a world of uneasy political alliances, where each party allows members of the other party to get away with certain indiscretions that regular folks would not.  See Eliot Spitzer, for example.  I think the ruling class treats some of these issues under the theory that if one side pushes hard for conviction/jail time, they know it's just a matter of time before the pendulum swings back.  Thus, under the theory of mutually assured destruction, things slide. It seems a logical next step to a formalized, keep it quiet for the good of the nation (or whatever) and you do yours, we'll do ours. 

as for the secret pardon dealio, who knows?  I guess my point was it would not surprise me in the least. Then again maybe I've watched too many Soprano episodes. 

It doesn’t happen.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But if they're secret...then how would you know?  The fact that you think secret pardons don't happen just demonstrates how secret they really are.  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!

Ford and Nixon was Bizzaro-World enough

Don't they have to be found guilty and sentenced before they can be pardoned? I mean, it makes no sense, these people aren't even charged with anything to this point. Also, wouldn't a pardon just tell investigators where to look? It would be an admission of guilt at the very least. I would think that if it were true, it would all be out in the public by now. With the investigation unable to go anywhere, why not just blow it all open and let the public know?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, sabrecrazed said:

Don't they have to be found guilty and sentenced before they can be pardoned? I mean, it makes no sense, these people aren't even charged with anything to this point. Also, wouldn't a pardon just tell investigators where to look? It would be an admission of guilt at the very least. I would think that if it were true, it would all be out in the public by now. With the investigation unable to go anywhere, why not just blow it all open and let the public know?

Again Ford pardoned Nixon of all possible scenarios before any charges commenced.

the reality is better than anything kooks can dream 

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Again Ford pardoned Nixon of all possible scenarios before any charges commenced.

the reality is better than anything kooks can dream 

Yes, but that was the public pardon.  The secret pardon was in case Nixon broke his MKULTRA programming and started talking about the dolphins...

10 hours ago, sabrecrazed said:

There have already been people found guilty, like Roger Stone's and Trump's buddy Paul Manafort who is still lying about Russia and Trump. Why would he be still lying even though it might mean more jail time? 

Whitaker said he saw something about pardons at the DOJ. Hmmmm...

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

There have already been people found guilty, like Roger Stone's and Trump's buddy Paul Manafort who is still lying about Russia and Trump. Why would he be still lying even though it might mean more jail time? 

I posted some bull#### about Nixon, MKULTRA, and dolphins, and it took you all of 15 minutes to out-stupid it.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

This has nothing to do with my post. It has nothing to do with anything really. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Hey Gleeful Gator, what crimes has Roger Stone been found guilty of?