DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

15 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Question - the Lanny Davis involvement really raises a lot of eyebrows. What happens if it is found that someone (some entity) paid Cohen to take a plea deal? Is that legal? I'm not suggesting the prosecutors, I am suggesting someone er, close, to Lanny Davis. IOW can Cohen accept money from a third party to take a plea that in some way benefits another party?

Interesting question. I'm not sure what could happen. Cohen's plea, I presume, was found to be knowing, intelligent, and voluntary. I suppose Cohen could use a potential payoff to later reverse the conviction.

Though, an interesting side note: Cohen would have been automatically disbarred upon entering a plea of guilty to a felony. As in, he is no longer an attorney. Were he to start running his mouth and violating attorney-client privileges, there is not a whole lot that could be done to him (he is already disbarred.)  While nothing he says (or is derived from what he says) would ever be usable in court, as the privilege belongs to the client, not the attorney, he certainly could go make statements in the media - regardless of whether he is telling the truth.

Edited by Koko78
Typo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Just did. Dont think "new information coming to light" rises to the level of "the defendant can show a fair and just reason for requesting the withdrawal." Thats right out of the statute. He said earlier the pleas were highly suspect. I asked for facts that support that argument and he came back with a bunch of crap. Since your the legal expert feel free to take his place. Get me some facts and case law that support his position. Facts are the most important thing here. Im sure youll be able to find cases where plea deals got tossed. But do they apply here. Thats the question. His answer is absolute crap. Generalities that mean nothing. He said the plea deals where highly suspect. Based on what? Because Trump or that idiot Sara Sanders said so? Good luck makibg that argument.

So you make a stupid statement that I definitively show to be false, so now I have to prove facts of something I couldn't care less about to your satisfaction?

!@#$ off with this nonsense.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

So you make a stupid statement that I definitively show to be false, so now I have to prove facts of something I couldn't care less about to your satisfaction?

!@#$ off with this nonsense.

Because you cant. Typical Trumptard. Enjoy the impeachment proceedings and the resignation. Its gonna be great.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Because you cant. Typical Trumptard. Enjoy the impeachment proceedings and the resignation. Its gonna be great.

You need to clearly demonstrate facts of Trump being impeached to my satisfaction. Be sure to provide primary sources in your research.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

5 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

When Trump doesn't resign, and wins 2020, will you promise to go away?

Oops.

Also, worth the time to read through the sealed (now unsealed) transcripts of the Manafort trial: 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

You need to clearly demonstrate facts of Trump being impeached to my satisfaction. Be sure to provide primary sources in your research.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Ill bet you will. Your dumb enough to do just that. 

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When Trump doesn't resign, and wins 2020, will you promise to go away. 

Like I said. Delusional Rhino. Just make sure your here when the impeachment and resignation go down. My hunch is youll be in a corner sucking your thumb hugging your Trump doll.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Ill bet you will. Your dumb enough to do just that. 

Like I said. Delusional Rhino. Just make sure your here when the impeachment and resignation go down. My hunch is youll be in a corner sucking your thumb hugging your Trump doll.

Oh, the irony.

I keep on hearing “Lock Him Up” is the new “Lock Her Up”. Who goes to prison first; HRC or DJT? Will Manafort & Cohen avoid jail time by turning evidence over to Mueller and hope for a plea deal? What are the chances Trump speaks to Mueller and perjures himself? All questions that time will answer. 

Edited by Dr.Sack

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

I keep on hearing “Lock Him Up” is the new “Lock Her Up”. Who goes to prison first; HRC or DJT? Will Manafort & Cohen avoid jail time by turning evidence over to Mueller and hope for a plea deal? What are the chances Trump speaks to Mueller and perjures himself? All questions that time will answer. 

Congratulations, you've managed to pack one hell of a lot of stupidity into this post. Too bad you can't just get rid of stupidity by posting it. It stays with you.

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A single juror in the Manafort trial prevented Manafort from being found guilty on all 18 counts says another juror in a Fox News interview. 

Manafort juror reveals lone holdout prevented Mueller team from convicting on all counts

If that is true, Manafort is looking at a retrial on the remaining, unconvicted, counts.  The government would have to like its odds on a second go around... the judge will be more sympathetic to the prosecution, the paper trail is there... their only problem again is the scum they have testifying against scum (which was a problem the first time too).

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Should be an interesting next few months! 

9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A single juror in the Manafort trial prevented Manafort from being found guilty on all 18 counts says another juror in a Fox News interview. 

Manafort juror reveals lone holdout prevented Mueller team from convicting on all counts

The OJ trial was almost 25 years ago but I remember how the defense used sophisticated computer programs to try and identify which jurors to pick to try and find some that would never find him guilty, I'm sure this juror could have been identified in the same way. 

11 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Connecting the DOTS, is called speculation. Not fact, not evidence.  and now of days, is mostly partisan.

Now of days? I should lamb baste you for that but I wouldn't want to affect your self of steam. This is what the connect the dots response was referring to:

"Cohen and Davis are Carnival Barking Dogs. They have no integrity in a court.  They both would only be a good witness, for the defense."

They are carnival barking dogs who have no integrity in court but would be good witnesses for the defense? You're new but you aren't going to get a pass for posting shitlikethat. Post stuff that makes sense or you'll get eviscerated here. Welcome to PPP.