DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Cohen's case was brought by the SDNY..not Muellars team. I also want the SC to be done, I agree it is not good for the country. But alas these investigations take time..no matter who is in charge.

Mueller referred Cohen to the SDNY.

Meaning, Mueller's out there doing hits for the establishment. Ergo, he's gotta go.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Enough people voted for Trump to elect him.  End of story.  Your desire to "look up to" the president is not realistic nor is it the intent of the founders.  He is not Kim Jung QB.

Personally I do not like Trump and am maybe 60/40 in favor of his policies.  The best thing about Trump, and probably the reason he got elected, is because he is at least somewhat from outside the "swamp".  The reaction to him has exposed plenty and people's eyes are more open to crap they knew existed but never actually saw.  Manafort is an example of this not just because people in his position enrich themselves all the time, but because he himself was doing it and nobody had an issue with it.......until he worked for Trump.

Unlike Greggy, I think the deep state/swamp whatever, will win and it'll all go back to the status quo.  But at least you can plead ignorance to their proclivities for corruption because there will be plenty of Comey's around to help keep things quiet.

President  Cuomo has several lackeys in jail behind him but don't worry, nothing to see there.

I agree 4mer, he got elected because of his "outsider" status. And his campaign was brilliant, no denying that. I too agree with probably a majority of his policies..including much of what he wants to do on immigration, although not all. 

I just cannot understand that we have a society have gotten to the point that we expect our President to not be a man of integrity..how we should not strive for that. Maybe I am too Mr Smith, maybe I have a different idea of integrity...but I think his ardent supporters are just so sick of the other party they blind themselves to his actions. 

Crimminy, we are on a board here that brands the Pats as scums and cheaters because they deflated some balls and taped signs, yet defend  someone who lies as a matter of course.

8 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Hes as wrong as you can be. Whats going down is reality. Five plea deals and counting. This isnt some liberal fantasy. This is the most corrupt scumbag in the history of the presidency getting slowly burned to the ground and its awesome. Not because I have some anti republican agenda. The only agenda I have is not having some slimeball lead my country. I hated Trump AND Hillary. Two earthworms rolling around in the mud fighting for the same piece of slime. Sadly, the bigger scumbag appears to have won. Good news though. He wont last another 6 months. The five time draft dodging traitor isnt gonna make it to the end of his first term. Resignation is imminent.

So in other words, he's not wrong.  Either nothing happens to Trump in the end or we get president Pence.  The conservatives will be destroyed.  

BTW, 3 of those guilty pleas are highly suspect and won't live to see the sentencing stage.  

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

You call me confused..and silly cause I do not want Donald Trump being the leader of out country..maybre so.

But almost every single answer and post from a Trump supporter in this thread basically says   "does not matter what Trump does, how he  achieves his objectives...we hated Obama and Clinton and really any politician is scum so whatever he says, whatever he does, whoever he surrounds himself with for council...none of it matters cause Obama and Clinton were bad too"

That is such basic and rudimentary thinking... I know I am, but so are you!

And in terms of my kids being able to look up and admire the President of the United States..is that really something that we as a society now claim is foolish? Have you sunken that far that all forms of a civil society, of being honest and truthful, of having integrity..it is all BS? Maybe you believe that is a goal worth aspiring too.I would hope we can do better. 

I guess that is all I am saying. If anyone was in office, from any party, doing and saying the things Trump does..it would bother the hell out of me..and I want better. 

Clinton hit on and used his influence to have sex with a 22-year woman( not a crime)..and lying about it and covering it up...and was impeached for obstruction and perjury. If the House would like to use the same standard with Trump...that is perjury and obstruction should lead to an impeachment hearing..I am all for it!

The Public Image in outcry 4 The Cult of Personality that is Trump cannot be decried as terrible. The cult of personality of the last four presidents specifically has been so egregious that anyone claiming that Trump is morally or ethically or any way on sound and his demeanor is lying.

The ones I hear the most bringing up past presidents are the ones crying about trump.the most. 

Unfortunately, past presidents are relevant. 

10 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

I can see your point, but obviously Trump’s camp felt it could, right? 

Unlikely. More likely it was "make it go away" - something he has done before.

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Well it certainly didn’t hinder Clinton from running the country.

And being a good person didn't help Jimmy Carter run the country. Man, that was a rough four years.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I agree 4mer, he got elected because of his "outsider" status. And his campaign was brilliant, no denying that. I too agree with probably a majority of his policies..including much of what he wants to do on immigration, although not all. 

I just cannot understand that we have a society have gotten to the point that we expect our President to not be a man of integrity..how we should not strive for that. Maybe I am too Mr Smith, maybe I have a different idea of integrity...but I think his ardent supporters are just so sick of the other party they blind themselves to his actions. 

Crimminy, we are on a board here that brands the Pats as scums and cheaters because they deflated some balls and taped signs, yet defend  someone who lies as a matter of course.

Past Presidents actually do matter because you're comparing Trump to the way past presidents have acted. When Obama got elected, I'm sure you remember that he was considered to be from outside the beltway (today's swamp).  He had a hard time working with Congress and that's why he used his pen and phone instead.  To a lot of people, there's little to no integrity or honesty in circumventing regular Constitutional process because the President can't negotiate deals with the opposition in another branch of government. Now, because Trump is loud and obnoxious and dishonest, is that worse than Obama who was reserved and self-possessed and dishonest?

We got to this point because the 2016 election left us with a choice between two candidates that have zero integrity.  Once Trump isn't running anymore (probably the 2024 election) it will be interesting to see who comes out of the primaries. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is a rational thread:

More of interest:

2 hours ago, joesixpack said:

The way the law is written, it's a crime if you do it with DONOR money. Cohen copped a plea because he knew he was going down for OTHER issues.

And again, NONE of this relates to the Special Counsel's task of finding Russian "collusion" to undermine an election. It is, as the President says it is, a witch hunt.

I think rational people see why Cohen took the plea.  Cohen was facing 60 years on tax evasion of 4.5 million. He agreed to plead to an FEC charge for a max 5-year sentence.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think rational people see why Cohen took the plea.  Cohen was facing 60 years on tax evasion of 4.5 million. He agreed to plead to an FEC charge for a max 5-year sentence.

Problem is, the russia witch-hunters aren't rational people.

They are, by nature, driven by irrationality.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

The moral of the story is that government corruption, selective prosecution, and persecution of political prisoners are all fine as long as they are calculated to hurt Trump.

Only if you're a trumptard

Just now, Rob's House said:

If you press him he may come up with a substantive argument like "stop watching Fox News."

A lot of these so called lefties have more than one user name. Tibs for example is paid to spread his hate filled posts against Trump. A few others I suspect too.

Then you have the "independents" who are really radical leftists. All you have to do is read their posts. 

They all get there message from MSM, then turn around and attack DR, who does his own homework and then some. Being a democrat who walked away from the party 2 years ago. I despise these so called democrats we have now. They are as dirty and deceitful as they come.

6 minutes ago, westside said:

A lot of these so called lefties have more than one user name. Tibs for example is paid to spread his hate filled posts against Trump. A few others I suspect too.

Then you have the "independents" who are really radical leftists. All you have to do is read their posts. 

They all get there message from MSM, then turn around and attack DR, who does his own homework and then some. Being a democrat who walked away from the party 2 years ago. I despise these so called democrats we have now. They are as dirty and deceitful as they come.

So, you were the original "Walkaway"?

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

How do you figure he's acting like Caesar?  

I admittedly said this simply to use the " Dictator " aspect of Julius Caesar to emphasize my earlier point. JC did make major tax reforms, and manipulated the production of grain......I guess there's similarity after all....I just don't see Trump solidify the use of something like a proper calendar however...;-)

4 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I admittedly said this simply to use the " Dictator " aspect of Julius Caesar to emphasize my earlier point. JC did make major tax reforms, and manipulated the production of grain......I guess there's similarity after all....I just don't see Trump solidify the use of something like a proper calendar however...;-)

Where do you see Trump acting like a dictator?

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

How is President Trump acting like a dictator in any way?

He's actively gone about the business of restoring checks and balances by insisting the law be enforced exactly as written, trying to force Congress to actually legislate; and has drastically reduced the scope of executive powers by undoing a large deal of the bureaucratic, unaccountable regulatory state.

He's the first President I can remember who has actually taken real steps away from dictatorial powers.

• Like (+1) 2