DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Just now, DC Tom said:

Where do you see Trump acting like a dictator?

Again, don't put too much weight behind that last phrase....but, for one, the way he can't seem to be able ( at least, in public ) to deal with divergent opinions....he is surrounding himself with yes man.....if you don't agree with him, or are not an absolute kiss ass, you don't last long...

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

How is President Trump acting like a dictator in any way?

He's actively gone about the business of restoring checks and balances by insisting the law be enforced exactly as written, trying to force Congress to actually legislate; and has drastically reduced the scope of executive powers by undoing a large deal of the bureaucratic, unaccountable regulatory state.

He's the first President I can remember who has actually taken real steps away from dictatorial powers.

But Hitler was a dictator, and Trump is literally Hitler, ergo ...

13 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Again, don't put too much weight behind that last phrase....but, for one, the way he can't seem to be able ( at least, in public ) to deal with divergent opinions....he is surrounding himself with yes man.....if you don't agree with him, or are not an absolute kiss ass, you don't last long...

John Kelly, Jim Mattis, Mike Pompeo, Nicky Haley are just a few who might make your "yes man" accusations seem rather silly.

34 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

That's not dictatorial.  That's just immaturity.

57 minutes ago, westside said:

A lot of these so called lefties have more than one user name. Tibs for example is paid to spread his hate filled posts against Trump. A few others I suspect too.

Then you have the "independents" who are really radical leftists. All you have to do is read their posts. 

They all get there message from MSM, then turn around and attack DR, who does his own homework and then some. Being a democrat who walked away from the party 2 years ago. I despise these so called democrats we have now. They are as dirty and deceitful as they come.

Flynn - guilty

Manafort - guilty

Cohen - Guilty

4 minutes ago, donbb said:

Flynn - guilty

Manafort - guilty

Cohen - Guilty

And Cohen's guilty plea implicates many, many more people in the conspiracy to illegally influence the election. 

In case you doubt the strength of the case: Did you notice all the other people implicated in Cohen’s plea? There is “Corporation-1,” presumably American Media Inc. (AMI), which owns the National Enquirer (“Magazine-1”). Members of Corporation-1 (including editor in chief, or “Editor-1”) would presumably have information and be able to corroborate Cohen’s account regarding the Karen McDougal payoff. The information document filed against Cohen also notes the existence of a text between Editor-1 and Cohen, corroboration of the arrangement to pay off a second woman, presumably Stormy Daniels. An encrypted phone call is also mentioned, as is an attorney (one more witness!) who represented both women. And let’s not forget the “executives of the Company” [Trump’s] who “grossed up” the reimbursement to Cohen; that’s two or more additional witnesses. We learn that “Executive-1” received the request or reimbursement and shared it with more executives. More witnesses. In Count 7, Cohen is accused of enabling Corporation-1 to make an illegal corporate campaign donation. That means the company and/or its executives might have liability as well. Count 8 mentions campaign executives (who might they be? how many?) who worked with Cohen to effectuate the scheme.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/08/22/what-you-may-have-missed-in-the-cohen-plea/?utm_term=.0924507f8b57

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

More proof that Fox News has become State Media:  on a day when it is announced that the sitting President’s personal lawyer and campaign manager are going to jail, the lead story on FN is the arrest of an illegal immigrant for murdering a jogger in Iowa... 

He doesnt know what is right and wrong - he’s a severe and delusional narcissist.

Remember when you said you had an open mind and were willing to read evidence, like the FISC Opinion memo I shared with you? Those were fun times... Did you ever get around to reading that? Or nah?

3 hours ago, GG said:

So in other words, he's not wrong.  Either nothing happens to Trump in the end or we get president Pence.  The conservatives will be destroyed.  

BTW, 3 of those guilty pleas are highly suspect and won't live to see the sentencing stage.  

Three of those plea deals are highly suspect? Feel free to cite statutes and case law that apply to your fact pattern in those three cases. Ineffective counsel is one argument. I doubt that ones gonna fly. Hannity said so? Pretty sure that one wont fly with the court. But go ahead. Make your legal argument. Tell me what legal basis there is to overturn those plea deals.

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

McCabe - fired

Bruce Ohr - 2x demoted/about to be fired

Baker - fired/forced out 

Kortan - fired

Rybicki -fired

Plus a half dozen more at State. 

Dont forget all the people who worked for Trump who have plead guilty to multiple felonies. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

None of which have anything to do with Russian collusion or conspiracy. 

Which is the point. But honesty isn't your thing. Or the English language. 

Stick to no collusion and ignore the fifty million other crimes. Conspiracy is absolutely on the table. Especially in light of Cohens plea yesterday. Gonna be so much fun when your boy resigns or gets impeached. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Like I said. Change your name. Delusional Rhino. Its a winner.

43 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Three of those plea deals are highly suspect? Feel free to cite statutes and case law that apply to your fact pattern in those three cases. Ineffective counsel is one argument. I doubt that ones gonna fly. Hannity said so? Pretty sure that one wont fly with the court. But go ahead. Make your legal argument. Tell me what legal basis there is to overturn those plea deals.

Why haven't Papa, Page & Flynn been sentenced yet, despite guilty pleas so long ago?  Is it normal for the courts to wait this long?  Why have Flynn's sentencing hearings keep getting postponed?

If you truly are as concerned about the slimeballs that are running this country, shouldn't you also be upset at the mounting evidence that 3 of the 5 guilt pleas were obtained on shaky legal foundation/

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

None of which have anything to do with Russian collusion or conspiracy. 

true so far

What is Mueller looking at?

On May 17, 2017, the Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel to oversee the ongoing FBI investigation of Russia’s effort to influence the 2016 presidential election and whether the Russian government coordinated with associates of Donald Trump. Mueller, who also was authorized to examine other issues that might arise from the investigation, has led a wide-ranging inquiry.

These are five areas his team is known to be investigating.

Financial dealings,  Russian interference,  Campaign coordination,  Transition contacts,   Obstruction of justice

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/mueller-russia-probe/?utm_term=.5a87ad15e80b

31 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Stick to no collusion and ignore the fifty million other crimes. Conspiracy is absolutely on the table. Especially in light of Cohens plea yesterday. Gonna be so much fun when your boy resigns or gets impeached. It just keeps getting worse and worse. Like I said. Change your name. Delusional Rhino. Its a winner.

None of this is about Trump with me. As I've said a million times. This isn't political for me, it's not right v left, democrat v republican, or even Trump v Clinton. It's about whether or not we the people have a say in the election of our leadership. 

This thread, and all the people doing victory laps about the same charge they couldn't convict John Edwards on (https://www.politico.com/story/2012/06/justice-dept-wont-retry-john-edwards-077398 ), were convinced that Trump conspired with Putin to "rig" the election of 2016. That was the starting premise of many - not because that's what they discovered happened, but because that's what people like Clapper, Brennan, and the talking heads in the media told them happened. 

I called bullshite on that claim from the start, with evidence to support it. Over two years that pile of evidence has only grown while the pile of evidence showing Trump worked with the Russians to tilt the election in his favor remained exactly the same: zero. It remains at zero today, even with these new convictions (of which none have any direct ties to Trump in a legal sense, let alone Russian conspiracy or collusion). There's not been one shred of evidence offered to the American public about that central claim. A claim that influenced millions of people before Trump ever set foot in office. Which, was the point. It was always a coup. Always. 

Special Counsel's go off course. We saw it with Starr. We expected it with Mueller. None of this is surprising to me or anyone in this thread. But now we've drifted so far from Russian collusion/conspiracy in terms of indictments, convictions, and guilty pleas that you and the others who - on day one were convinced Trump committed treason of some kind with Putin - are now saying the Russian stuff doesn't matter. That was so 2017... which, smacks of partisanship and gullibility more than it speaks to principles. 

All I've asked for from day one is evidence that isn't masked by unnamed sources citing unknown methods. Two years on and I'm still waiting for a single shred of evidence that validates the initial charges which were levied by the establishment in DC, the IC, and MSM. That's a problem for anyone who really puts on their thinking hats. 

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

true so far

What is Mueller looking at?

On May 17, 2017, the Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel to oversee the ongoing FBI investigation of Russia’s effort to influence the 2016 presidential election and whether the Russian government coordinated with associates of Donald Trump. Mueller, who also was authorized to examine other issues that might arise from the investigation, has led a wide-ranging inquiry.

These are five areas his team is known to be investigating.

Financial dealings,  Russian interference,  Campaign coordination,  Transition contacts,   Obstruction of justice

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/politics/mueller-russia-probe/?utm_term=.5a87ad15e80b

See above. 

Special Counsel's go off course. That's to be expected. But the original charge, the whole thing that opened this can of worms was about treason committed by Team Trump to work with the Russians to rig the election. That charge has not only been found lacking evidence, but has been pushed as far away from the conversation by the very same people who were touting it as absolute truth in January of 2017. 

So people should just be honest. The Russians working with Trump is irrelevant. It's about finding anything that makes Trump look bad. That's it. 

Because this was always a coup. Whether the people blindly following the narrative laid out for them by paid intelligence assets of multiple foreign nations and our own, realize it or not. The dishonesty on display in this thread alone by the vocal minority is evidence of that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Worth a look. 

https://apelbaum.wordpress.com/2018/03/17/the-mechanics-of-deception/

(warning: dense)

Cohen made his deal on 4/24 - just 15 days after he was raided on 4/9. 

DlNid6OWsAEsmaS.jpg

This deal was made before Cohen's "tapes" were released in the media (track that through). 

This deal was held for four months... and released the same day of Manafort's verdict (timed intentionally to control the news cycle). 

But there's no coordination going on between the MSM and SDNY, amirite? 

• Like (+1) 1