DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

Just now, Logic said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html

When President Trump fired his national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, in February, White House officials portrayed him as a renegade who had acted independently in his discussions with a Russian official during the presidential transition and then lied to his colleagues about the interactions.

But emails among top transition officials, provided or described to The New York Times, suggest that Mr. Flynn was far from a rogue actor. In fact, the emails, coupled with interviews and court documents filed on Friday, showed that Mr. Flynn was in close touch with other senior members of the Trump transition team both before and after he spoke with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, about American sanctions against Russia.

So, logic, what does this mean?  Because

...  It means nothing to proving collusion if you have any sense of logic.

#ironyisyou

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

So, logic, what does this mean?  Because

...  It means nothing to proving collusion if you have any sense of logic.

#ironyisyou

1. I'm fairly certain, based on the speed and content of your reply, that you didn't actually read the article.
2. Aside from that, I have no response, because all you posted was an insult (I guess?) in the form of a hashtag.

Thanks for playing.

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

1. I'm fairly certain, based on the speed and content of your reply, that you didn't actually read the article.
2. Aside from that, I have no response, because all you posted was an insult (I guess?) in the form of a hashtag.

Thanks for playing.

#imaspeedreader #whatswrongwithhashtags #imactuallyboredwaitingongonacowtocalf

58 minutes ago, Logic said:

Thanks for playing.

And... none of this is illegal. In fact, it's pretty standard procedure. 

What was illegal was lying to the FBI about it. The act itself, legal. 

And Flynn knew it was legal when he lied. Which brings me back to the question(s) I posed a page or two ago. Why would a master spy, who had the right to refuse to answer the question knowingly lie about something he a) knew to be legal, and b) knew the press had already leaked two weeks earlier?

When you start digging into those questions your point of view might change about what these charges really are saying. They're not at all, in any way, talking about Russian collusion to win the election for Trump.

Important to read the source material for yourself before you read the hyperbole. :beer:

Hmm... wonder what they discussed? 

A key witness in the Russia probe had a 'lengthy conversation' with Trump at Mar-a-Lago

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-james-woolsey-mueller-mar-a-lago-2017-11

Edited by Deranged Rhino

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Thanks for playing.

Any reason Mr. Ali picked that passage from NYT, and not the paragraph that followed?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, GG said:

Any reason Mr. Ali picked that passage from NYT, and not the paragraph that followed?

Image result for it's a mystery gif

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And... you can't make this stuff up:

In late July [2016], the F.B.I. opened an investigation into possible collusion between members of Mr. Trump’s campaign and Russian operatives. Besides Mr. Comey and a small team of agents, officials said, only a dozen or so people at the F.B.I. knew about the investigation. Mr. Strzok, just days removed from the Clinton case, was selected to supervise it.

The Times also reported that Strzok relied on information provided to the FBI by Christopher Steele, the former British spy who was hired by an opposition research firm working for the Clinton campaign to investigate Trump’s Russia activities.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/02/fbi-agent-who-supervised-trump-russia-probe-reportedly-sent-anti-trump-text-messages/?utm_source=site-share

Edited by Deranged Rhino
Clarity

After years of avoiding the PPP board like the plague, I ignorantly came here to see what people were writing about this mess.

All I see is people playing party politics.  Party before country.  

Disgusting and shameful.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

After years of avoiding the PPP board like the plague, I ignorantly came here to see what people were writing about this mess.

All I see is people playing party politics.  Party before country.  

Disgusting and shameful.

I'm not sure to which posters you're referring, but if you think my questions have anything to do with parties before country then you have not understood my argument. It's quite the opposite.

:beer:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

NRA, Russia and Christian Conservatives, oh my! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/us/politics/trump-putin-russia-nra-campaign.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Mr. Erickson, a longtime conservative operative who has been involved in several presidential campaigns, presented himself in the email as a well-connected intermediary to the upper reaches of the Russian government. By “happenstance” and the reach of the N.R.A., Mr. Erickson wrote, he had been put in position to “slowly begin cultivating a back-channel to President Putin’s Kremlin” in recent years.

“Russia is quietly but actively seeking a dialogue with the U.S. that isn’t forthcoming under the current administration,” he wrote.

Indeed, evidence does appear to show deep ties between Mr. Erickson, the N.R.A. and the Russian gun rights community that were formed in the years when many American conservatives, put off by the Obama administration’s policies, were increasingly looking to Mr. Putin as an example of a strong leader opposing immigration, terrorism and gay rights.

The N.R.A. was one of Mr. Trump’s biggest backers during the campaign, spending tens of millions of dollars to help elect him.

------

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-white-house-transition-emails-russia-threw-us-election-for-trump

A transition advisor to President Donald Trump wrote in an email weeks before his inauguration that sanctions would make it difficult to ease relations with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him.” In emails obtained by the New York Times, transition advisor K.T. McFarland sought to coordinate with other members of the Trump transition team in the wake of sanctions intended to punish the Kremlin for interfering in the U.S. presidential election. “If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” McFarland wrote to Thomas P. Bossert, who currently serves as Trump’s homeland security adviser. Bossert—who forwarded the exchange to future National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, future Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, future senior strategist Stephen Bannon, and future presgs secretary Sean Spicer, all of whom have since left the administration—urged other transition officials to “defend election legitimacy now.” The White House said McFarland’s email was intended to express the opinion of Democrats, not herself.

40 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

NRA, Russia and Christian Conservatives, oh my! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/us/politics/trump-putin-russia-nra-campaign.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Mr. Erickson, a longtime conservative operative who has been involved in several presidential campaigns, presented himself in the email as a well-connected intermediary to the upper reaches of the Russian government. By “happenstance” and the reach of the N.R.A., Mr. Erickson wrote, he had been put in position to “slowly begin cultivating a back-channel to President Putin’s Kremlin” in recent years.

“Russia is quietly but actively seeking a dialogue with the U.S. that isn’t forthcoming under the current administration,” he wrote.

Indeed, evidence does appear to show deep ties between Mr. Erickson, the N.R.A. and the Russian gun rights community that were formed in the years when many American conservatives, put off by the Obama administration’s policies, were increasingly looking to Mr. Putin as an example of a strong leader opposing immigration, terrorism and gay rights.

The N.R.A. was one of Mr. Trump’s biggest backers during the campaign, spending tens of millions of dollars to help elect him.

------

https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-white-house-transition-emails-russia-threw-us-election-for-trump

A transition advisor to President Donald Trump wrote in an email weeks before his inauguration that sanctions would make it difficult to ease relations with Russia, “which has just thrown the U.S.A. election to him.” In emails obtained by the New York Times, transition advisor K.T. McFarland sought to coordinate with other members of the Trump transition team in the wake of sanctions intended to punish the Kremlin for interfering in the U.S. presidential election. “If there is a tit-for-tat escalation Trump will have difficulty improving relations with Russia, which has just thrown U.S.A. election to him,” McFarland wrote to Thomas P. Bossert, who currently serves as Trump’s homeland security adviser. Bossert—who forwarded the exchange to future National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, future Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, future senior strategist Stephen Bannon, and future presgs secretary Sean Spicer, all of whom have since left the administration—urged other transition officials to “defend election legitimacy now.” The White House said McFarland’s email was intended to express the opinion of Democrats, not herself.

Do you not even bother to read what you post or is it just that you are too dumb to understand it?

So somebody else is using the President's Twitter account.  Somebody else has keys to the social media farm, PR empire...

Nice!

<_<:rolleyes:

Like that hasn't been obvious.  What other personal info is he letting others use.  I lose my CaCard or let others use it, DoD fires me.  Yeah, I know it is Twitter, ONLY Twitter. Twitter dees following Twitter dumbs.

Of course we knew the Trumpamaniac  Tweeted it and lawyer idiot is taking fall for The Donald's social media buggery. His Tweet admits there was collusion and now he's giving the keys to the Twitter farm and it's all okay.  Letting others take fall, gee where have we heard that before?  Witch! Burn her, burn the witch! Whatever...

What a scandal ridden ClusterMess, but the Dow is up and I made bank in my TSP (401k)... That half a mill was padded nicely the last year! Should I use the rhythm method and pull my stocks out now that I am riding high.  Freddy should have w/his Momma back in 1945, but they were still probably hung over from V-J Day... So I will give them a pass!

Have we no soul? You'll a bunch of idiots.

SMH.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

So Hillary was investigated by people who love Hillary and hate Trump, and Trump is investigated by people who love Hillary and hate Trump.

No appearance of impropriety there, no siree.

This is it in a nutshell...bump bump bump

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

So, in other words you have no defense for missing and misinterpreting the part that I bolded in red?

You're wasting your time.

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Think its pretty telling no one has responded to this.  Not a massive Trump guy but his time in office has been one witch hunt after another.  

It's been discussed. It was an egregious error that cost some people money when the DOW tanked on the news.