DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No, no... it's victory and proof of collusion! 

... How they arrive at that conclusion is beyond me, but that's what they FEEL so that's what it IS. A year plus of propaganda has an effect.

The guy lied to the Vice President to save his own skin, got caught, and got fired.

Then he lied to the FBI to save his own skin, got caught, and got indicted.

I'm sure this time he'll be completely honest, though.

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The guy lied to the Vice President to save his own skin, got caught, and got fired.

Then he lied to the FBI to save his own skin, got caught, and got indicted.

I'm sure this time he'll be completely honest, though.

Yup. 

Let's just remember, this is a conversation and event we already knew about. There's nothing "new" in these charges and there's nothing to suggest collusion to rig the election. Could they be the lesser charge to keep him on the hook for bigger testimony? Sure could. But if it is, like you say above, his reputation as a truth teller has already been obliterated.  

Former National Security Advisor accepts plea deal with Russia probe and plans to cooperate by testifying against the sitting president....and the Trumpies in here are STILL trying to paint a picture of "crazed, conspiracy loving leftists!" and "nothing to see here!".

For those who AREN'T completely unwilling and unable to accept the idea that maybe there's something TO all this smoke, here's a well reasoned thread written by an intelligent and sane person that explains this all very clearly.

This IS a big deal, it IS significant, it IS historic, and it IS ridiculous that the usual suspects on here are still trying to paint it as a nothing burger. **** is getting real.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

Former National Security Advisor accepts plea deal with Russia probe and plans to cooperate by testifying against the sitting president...

.and the Trumpies in here are STILL trying to paint a picture of "crazed, conspiracy loving leftists!" and "nothing to see here!".

This IS a big deal, it IS significant, it IS historic, and it IS ridiculous that the usual suspects on here are still trying to paint it as a nothing burger. **** is getting real.

I'm not sure which is funnier, the projection of desperation by illogic

or the description of Tom, DR, TYTT, Alf, and myself  as "Trumpies".....................it's almost like he has never been on the board.

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

or the description of Tom, DR, TYTT, Alf, and myself  as "Trumpies".....................it's almost like he has never been on the board.

You guys defend Trump all the time 

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You guys defend Trump all the time 

Not only that, but you guys also use his arguments.

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

Former National Security Advisor accepts plea deal with Russia probe and plans to cooperate by testifying against the sitting president....and the Trumpies in here are STILL trying to paint a picture of "crazed, conspiracy loving leftists!" and "nothing to see here!".

For those who AREN'T completely unwilling and unable to accept the idea that maybe there's something TO all this smoke, here's a well reasoned thread written by an intelligent and sane person that explains this all very clearly.

You say that all based on one person's tweeted opinions.  

You are the most ironically named poster ever.

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

How?

According to the charges, Flynn is being charged for lying to the FBI about the same issue he "lied" to Pence about and got him fired. The events took place after the election, and have nothing to do with collusion to rig the election. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How?

According to the charges, Flynn is being charged for lying to the FBI about the same issue he "lied" to Pence about and got him fired. The events took place after the election, and have nothing to do with collusion to rig the election. 

Wow, seriously? Why would you think the charges he is pleading guilty to are necessarily all he is on the hook for? He obviously is pleading down to offer his testimony on other things he was privy to. Doesn't take a genius like me to figure that out 

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

How?

I say it's a big deal because Flynn is going to be testifying against the sitting president directly. It's the biggest development in the Russia probe thus far.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Wow, seriously? Why would you think the charges he is pleading guilty to are necessarily all he is on the hook for? He obviously is pleading down to offer his testimony on other things he was privy to. Doesn't take a genius like me to figure that out 

So you're speculating. Got it.

Just now, Logic said:

I say it's a big deal because Flynn is going to be testifying against the sitting president directly. It's the biggest development in the Russia probe thus far.

... To talk about what happened after the election? How does that make the case Trump himself colluded with Putin to rig the election? That is the charge you and Tibs have been claiming is real for almost a year now.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... To talk about what happened after the election? How does that make the case Trump himself colluded with Putin to rig the election? That is the charge you and Tibs have been claiming is real for almost a year now.

Chronology is not their strong suit apparently.

I'm guessing they're all silently rooting for President Pence.  That'll teach the conservatives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So you're speculating. Got it.

Yes, on your seriously myopic speculations. At least mine is based on facts, your seriously seems aimed at pleasing Tom. So...

Obviously Flynn knows something or Mueller wouldn't have done the deal. And no, it in no way just has to be about what he pleaded to. That actually pretty stupid of you to say it does. I

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, on your seriously myopic speculations. At least mine is based on facts, your seriously seems aimed at pleasing Tom. So...

Obviously Flynn knows something or Mueller wouldn't have done the deal. And no, it in no way just has to be about what he pleaded to. That actually pretty stupid of you to say it does. I

So, you're speculating but touting it as fact. 

Got it.

And if you think Tom is on board with my speculations you're even more ignorant than people say.

Quid pro quo. Trump campaign solicits help from Russia to hurt Clinton and aid Trump. We know about Don Jr's meeting, and Trump's own words, "Russia, I hope your listening...".  What else was done that isn't yet public? Trump wins electoral college after Russian bots spread fake news in close states. Flynn then instructed by "high level official" to assure Russia that they shouldn't worry about new sanctions being imposed by Obama, which violates the Logan Act. Then as president Trump asks Comey to stop pursuing Flynn. Trump then fired an uncooperative Comey.  Obstruction of justice. Trump then asks Republicans in Congress to back off investigation. And that's only what is known publicly to-date. Quid pro quo.

ANDREW MCCARTHY: What The Flynn Plea Means.

“Obviously, it was wrong of Flynn to give the FBI false information; he could, after all, have simply refused to speak with the agents in the first place. That said, as I argued early this year, it remains unclear why the Obama Justice Department chose to investigate Flynn. There was nothing wrong with the incoming national-security adviser’s having meetings with foreign counterparts or discussing such matters as the sanctions in those meetings.

14 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Quid pro quo. Trump campaign solicits help from Russia to hurt Clinton and aid Trump. We know about Don Jr's meeting, and Trump's own words, "Russia, I hope your listening...".  What else was done that isn't yet public? Trump wins electoral college after Russian bots spread fake news in close states. Flynn then instructed by "high level official" to assure Russia that they shouldn't worry about new sanctions being imposed by Obama, which violates the Logan Act. Then as president Trump asks Comey to stop pursuing Flynn. Trump then fired an uncooperative Comey.  Obstruction of justice. Trump then asks Republicans in Congress to back off investigation. And that's only what is known publicly to-date. Quid pro quo.

Image result for russian hysteria gif

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ANDREW MCCARTHY: What The Flynn Plea Means.

“Obviously, it was wrong of Flynn to give the FBI false information; he could, after all, have simply refused to speak with the agents in the first place. That said, as I argued early this year, it remains unclear why the Obama Justice Department chose to investigate Flynn. There was nothing wrong with the incoming national-security adviser’s having meetings with foreign counterparts or discussing such matters as the sanctions in those meetings.

I'll ask this rhetorically again re 44's administration's relationship with Flynn: 

What was Flynn's job for the previous administration, what does that job entail, and why did he have a falling out with 44's State department and other IC Chiefs?

(If your answer isn't related to the CIA gun running program into Syria to arm AQ affiliates, you haven't dug deep enough...)

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Russian bots didn't cost Hillary the "rust belt" states.  Hillary did.  The Russia excuse is getting nauseating.  For any legal experts out there, do these minor charges that Flynn plead guilty to make it more likely he's going to cooperate to bring more severe charges to those higher up?

Edited by Doc Brown

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Russian bots didn't cost Hillary the "rust belt" states.  Hillary did.  The Russia excuse is getting nauseating.  For any legal experts out there, do these minor charges that Flynn plead guilty to make it more likely he's going to cooperate?

It's a clear sign that he's cooperating with the investigation. These charges keep him on the hook effectively.

What's still not clear is where Mueller's investigation has shifted and what he's really investigating.