DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s hard  to impeach in the USA. 

Need a reason for starters...

i doubt you could remove a President and his Admin from office in any event, besides the next election

actuslly it is easy to impeach but that doesn’t mean removal, which is what they really think they are getting with impeachment 

8 hours ago, Nanker said:

It’s hard  to impeach in the USA. 

We did a voice vote to suspend an arcane rule well...

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Need a reason for starters...

i doubt you could remove a President and his Admin from office in any event, besides the next election

actuslly it is easy to impeach but that doesn’t mean removal, which is what they really think they are getting with impeachment

I believe you missed the Dick Jauron joke he was making...

Note - Ryan ties the FBI plant to FISA abuse. Not an accident. Halper's name is going to be all over the FISA application. 

Another article (and why I'm revising my summary overview of the spy ring... the start date keeps moving):

But now comes word of the FBI informant, described in various accounts as a retired American professor living in England. The Washington Post reported that, "The professor's interactions with Trump advisers began a few weeks before the opening of the investigation, when Page met the professor at the British symposium."

A few weeks before the opening of the investigation — those are the words that have raised eyebrows among Hill investigators. If it was before the investigation, then what was an FBI informant doing gathering undercover information when there was not yet an investigation?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/when-did-trump-russia-probe-begin-investigators-focus-on-mystery-months

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Note - Ryan ties the FBI plant to FISA abuse. Not an accident. Halper's name is going to be all over the FISA application. 

Another article (and why I'm revising my summary overview of the spy ring... the start date keeps moving):

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/when-did-trump-russia-probe-begin-investigators-focus-on-mystery-months

I'm sure that the explanation for opening the investigation earlier than what everyone thought is found in the Attkisson timeline...

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/05/20/collusion-against-trump-timeline/

2013 - Carter Page interviewed by FBI regarding Russian contacts

2014 - Manafort first wiretap because of Russia related work

2015 - DNC computers allegedly hacked for the first time

2016 - Podesta gets hacked, Carter Page interviewed by FBI again, Manafort hired by Trump campaign (probably still being wiretapped), DNC allegedly computers hacked a second time

Based on that, the FBI can make a colorable argument that something smelled funny.  At least that's what I think their explanation will be.  It doesn't have to be true or accurate.  Just enough for people to not scratch the surface too much.

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

I'm sure that the explanation for opening the investigation earlier than what everyone thought is found in the Attkisson timeline...

https://sharylattkisson.com/2018/05/20/collusion-against-trump-timeline/

2013 - Carter Page interviewed by FBI regarding Russian contacts

2014 - Manafort first wiretap because of Russia related work

2015 - DNC computers allegedly hacked for the first time

2016 - Podesta gets hacked, Carter Page interviewed by FBI again, Manafort hired by Trump campaign (probably still being wiretapped), DNC allegedly computers hacked a second time

Based on that, the FBI can make a colorable argument that something smelled funny.  At least that's what I think their explanation will be.  It doesn't have to be true or accurate.  Just enough for people to not scratch the surface too much.

Except that it looks worse for them in retrospect, especially with York's revelation that Comey & Lynch discussed briefing the Trump campaign about possible infiltration in March 2016.  They never did that, waited, and then absent any other evidence, tried to implant a spy within the campaign. 

They would have a sealed & shut case if they had approached the Trump campaign in March when they got the initial suspicions, and Trump still carried on.  But they didn't, and are in a big pickle now.

5 minutes ago, GG said:

Except that it looks worse for them in retrospect, especially with York's revelation that Comey & Lynch discussed briefing the Trump campaign about possible infiltration in March 2016.  They never did that, waited, and then absent any other evidence, tried to implant a spy within the campaign. 

They would have a sealed & shut case if they had approached the Trump campaign in March when they got the initial suspicions, and Trump still carried on.  But they didn't, and are in a big pickle now.

Is there a term for "knowing a crime is going to be committed, but deciding not to prevent it, and benefiting from the outcome?"

Seems like there should be a word for that sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, GG said:

What I was trying to get at is that they'll trot out a relatively plausible (flimsy) excuse knowing that half the country will buy it.

I agree that they bungled the "investigation" and they doubled up in trying to hide it, and tripled up in trying to explain it. 

As was explained to me awhile ago by someone on this board, they never thought Clinton would lose.  They were arrogant, sloppy and smug.  The fun part is watching them try to put out all these fires and making the conflagration grow.  Soon they'll be pushing each other into the flames.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

HRC's former strategist calls for Mueller's probe to end, joining a growing list of democrats... why are they suddenly interested in stopping Mueller from finishing? 

https://ntknetwork.com/hillary-clintons-former-chief-strategist-stop-mueller/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=xorganic

Because they're suddenly realizing "Holy ****, this is how we get more Trump!"

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Is there a term for "knowing a crime is going to be committed, but deciding not to prevent it, and benefiting from the outcome?"

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Halp.

It's a verb.

Comey and Lynch inserted a halper into the campaign but it did not work.  

In Ocean's Seveteen or whatever number, Andy Garcia decided to be a halper for George Clooney because he hated Al Pacino.

Noose tightens. 

Cohens business partner pleads guilty and agrees to testify in a state court. So no presidential pardon in a state case. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/nyregion/michael-cohen-trump-taxi-cooperation.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

1 hour ago, Real News said:

Hahahahaha. Squeeze the weak link who isn’t an American and terrorize him with threats of tossing him back to PooTin to be served up as raw meat. Or serve 50 years of hard time in the WhiteHouse dungeon. Kudos Mueller. You’re a prince of virtue.