DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

More coming now on Halper: 

I know there (used) to be a lot of lefties that read this thread. I say that not to be divisive, but to point out that at one time not too long ago (3 years ago), the liberal/progressive/left leaning partisans used to fear overreach by the intelligence agencies and hated illegal surveillance on US citizens (and even foreign citizens in extreme progressive cases). 

For two years now I've been laying out how those fears were realized, how the US IC, FBI, DOJ, State Department, and a sitting POTUS abused the powers of surveillance to spy on political opposition. Even worse, they colluded with foreign intelligence services (British and Russian) to do so. Pointing this out was called crazy, partisan, or "supporting Putin" at the time by many. And that's fine. I'm not looking for any recognition or apologies. I don't care about any of that. What I care about is the country and what this story reveals.

And now we are seeing the evidence finally. Unequivocal evidence that this happened, not to stop the Russians from interfering in our elections, but to prevent the American people from having a say in the process. The response from those same posters who were crying out about foreigners interfering with our election have been crickets. 

The outrage should be universal on both sides of the aisle at this revelation... yet the most vocal lefties in this thread have been silent for weeks now. Why? Where are your principles? Imagine if you found out that during the 2020 election Trump's administration abused the IC, FBI, DOJ, and State Department and the British and Russian intelligence services to try to rig the election for himself. Would the same people who are being silent on this issue now find that objectionable? Would you be as passive and silent as you're being now, or would you be screaming at the sky and demanding impeachment? 

This country was attacked in 2016. Not by Russians working on their own, but by Russians, British, and US intelligence services working to deny the people's right to chose their own leadership

That's the real story. That's been the story I've been piping about since late 2016. If we are going to fix the problems - which still exist - we have to do so together. We can't ignore the most explosive political scandal in our country's history just because it was "your team" doing the damage. That's not only hypocritical and dishonest, it's a recipe for continued tyranny and abuse by the powers that were. 

This isn't about Trump. It's not about Obama. It's not about left or right. It's about whether or not we live in a true democratic republic where the people have an actual voice in the process - or whether or not we live in a banana republic that looks like a democratic republic. Remaining silent on this issue, because you don't like Trump, is a betrayal of everything liberalism was built on, everything this country stands for, and your duties as citizens of this country. 

Just consider what I'm saying and honestly reflect on it. 

/thursday morning pre-coffee rant. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

See my post above... this is the exact worst case scenario I laid out in the Dangers of the New Normal thread years ago now to Gator.

I'm like a 9 year old kid on christmas eve

GO GO HOROWITZ

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You're like a 9 year old kid on Christmas Eve...

Yeah, but trust me he's the height of a 10 year old with maturity of a 12 yr old.

Edited by Boyst62

17 hours ago, row_33 said:

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na nah

give it up

Mueller give it up

Can't give it up, need to get past midterms, then it will disappear.

At least Nixon wasn't using the WH as a cash generating operation. We already know about millions of dollars in funds the Trump Team has already extorted from American corporations and foreign nations. If Trump does not go to jail than it will only be for the safety of the country that we are forced to look the other way and allow law breaking, graft, extortion, pay to play operations and bribery to be given a pass. 

Trump belongs in jail