Predictions for Next Year's Super Bowl?

!@#$ the patriots. They won't even win the division this year.

Write that down.

They are done. Brady is talking retirement. You know the NFL proverb... if you are thinking about retirement...

I will bet anyone here a case of beer that the Pats**** do not win the division.

Full disclosure: I have never seriously predicted anything on this site.

I'll take a case of Labatt's Blue please :beer:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to ditto this but since I live near Seattle, I predict this Super Bowl will feature the Bills and Seahawks.

I like this. Two mobile QB's inside a dome? We go back to Minneapolis to redeem the 26 loss? I'm all in. Hopefully Shady finds his helmet.....

I assume you live there ( screen name..)....are the Falcons fans still hurting from the crushing blow of the SB ?.....It would take me some time to recoup from that...And I'm a Bills fan so I'm used to disappointments....

Things were pretty bad around here for the first week. Atlanta does not have the multi generational fan base like the Bills, so it didn't last as long.

You really think the Falcons bounce back from that soul-crushing loss next year??

I give them a pass till 2019.

I'm of two minds on this...

On the one hand I agree: that's a lot to come back from.

But Matt Ryan is an artist... Last year's Super Bowl was his masterpiece (so far) but he might be hungry for more now that it's been a few months.

If he could choke away a huge lead TWICE, in two consecutive Super Bowls, against the same team? That my friends would be something that would stand the test of time. His legacy as a choker would be set in stone.

I'm of two minds on this...

On the one hand I agree: that's a lot to come back from.

But Matt Ryan is an artist... Last year's Super Bowl was his masterpiece (so far) but he might be hungry for more now that it's been a few months.

If he could choke away a huge lead TWICE, in two consecutive Super Bowls, against the same team? That my friends would be something that would stand the test of time. His legacy as a choker would be set in stone.

I put that on the coaching staff right up there with Ryan.

I'm sure those on the Falcons D who bled and vomited and were hurt real bad in order to win it all will never trust the coaching staff the same again.

Just another angle.

I put that on the coaching staff right up there with Ryan.

I'm sure those on the Falcons D who bled and vomited and were hurt real bad in order to win it all will never trust the coaching staff the same again.

Just another angle.

No doubt about it. The coaches blew it too. Epic failure on all levels. Apparently Quinn didn't learn the lesson from the Seattle/NE SB when he was the DC there. Run the ball, you big dummy!

But Matt Ryan has been at this for a long time, working on his legacy. For years he just turtled in the playoffs but eventually he got hungry for more. Playoff losses weren't enough.

On those horrible play calls he could have simply dropped back, taken the sack and not fumbled, or threw the ball away, knowing the game was won. But to his credit, he wasn't going to let a huge lead get in the way of his date with destiny. He was on a mission.

It's easy for me to call the plays in my rocking chair.

Even when it's so obvious.

But they just don't do it the way I think they should.

You think I'd learn by now.... even if I agree with you 100% on your assessment...

When teams play NE they get stupid and beat themselves a lot of the time.

Atlanta was probably thinking "we need a TD! We need a TD!" when they got to the NE 21 or 22 after that insane Julio Jones catch near the end of the game. Brady was in their heads.

All they needed to do was run up the middle 3 times and force NE to burn their timeouts. Then kick the FG. As it was NE scored with like 30 seconds on the clock, and that was with using their timeouts. Whose to say you don't break one on them and get a first down?

Edited by TheFunPolice

Pats vs. Seattle

Pats vs. Boys

I think Brady would dissect Dallas without a problem. I see the Hawks' defense as having a better chance to affect Brady than the Boys. Would love to see that.