Bruce Smith to Myles Garrett: ur slow

"Garrett will see Smith again. Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams knows Smith and the NFL Network reported that Smith will visit the Browns at minicamp or training camp."

I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce Smith at Bills training camp...

Bruce should be helping Shaq instead

Shaq was a. Rex Clemson special. I think he has to pass the Erik Flowers eye test then move on to Kelsay, Wiley, and Schoebel before Bruce gives him the time of day. Odds are he falters somewhere between Flowers and Kelsay.

very odd they open the article as if bruce was being critical of the kid throwing shade when it was constructive criticism and warranted through time together.

bruce smith does not get accolades for beign a smart player but i remember watching him play and he was one of the resason i feel in love with defense. he was better than reggie white and any other defense player because he brought more ability to the field than any of them. his skills were beyond anyone. the speed, the hands, the agility has never been matched. jj watt was as close as you could see and that was only a few years worth

Shaq will be a solid contributor this year and I'm calling at least 10 sacks for the 2nd year DE.

Only 16 players had 10 or more sacks in 2016. Beasley was the sack leader at 15.5 and Von Miller was second with 13.5. If Shaq gets 10 or more, then he'd be well, well beyond a solid contributor.

very odd they open the article as if bruce was being critical of the kid throwing shade when it was constructive criticism and warranted through time together.

bruce smith does not get accolades for beign a smart player but i remember watching him play and he was one of the resason i feel in love with defense. he was better than reggie white and any other defense player because he brought more ability to the field than any of them. his skills were beyond anyone. the speed, the hands, the agility has never been matched. jj watt was as close as you could see and that was only a few years worth

yeah Smith was highly gifted with exceptional physique. he combined it with tremendous work ethic to become who he is. I don't know if Garrett is as physically gifted but his work ethic and dedication is the right "stuff" to bring out his gifts to fore. And foundation cultural values for a floundering team such as Browns. Like it or not, by virtue of his pick position, he is going to be looked upon as a leader by Browns. At least the rookies. And eventually as an on-field leader. Your leaders have to exhibit the work ethic and dedication to change/transform a losing culture. Show a belief that the team is more than what they are currently.

Every championship starts with a belief.

Only 16 players had 10 or more sacks in 2016. Beasley was the sack leader at 15.5 and Von Miller was second with 13.5. If Shaq gets 10 or more, then he'd be well, well beyond a solid contributor.

That's the reason coaches always downplay sack numbers. The very best in the world gets less than 1 per game.

Hurries and pressures while still keeping contain on your lane is the goal. Sacks are awesome but they're definitely given too much emphasis by the fans.

I hope Garrett lights it up and the Browns win a bunch of games. They have the Texans 1st pick next year too, so root for both teams to win more games than us or KC.

Shaq was a. Rex Clemson special. I think he has to pass the Erik Flowers eye test then move on to Kelsay, Wiley, and Schoebel before Bruce gives him the time of day. Odds are he falters somewhere between Flowers and Kelsay.

Shaq just looks so slow out there. I hate to feel the same way you do about him. Maybe, not quite as negative.

Shaq just looks so slow out there. I hate to feel the same way you do about him. Maybe, not quite as negative.

I'm going to wait to see what he looks like with a year of the full S&T program under his belt. I agree, he did look slower last season than I remember him looking at Clemson. Maybe not quite 100% there physically after the surgery and recovery?

That's the reason coaches always downplay sack numbers. The very best in the world gets less than 1 per game.

Hurries and pressures while still keeping contain on your lane is the goal. Sacks are awesome but they're definitely given too much emphasis by the fans.

I hope Garrett lights it up and the Browns win a bunch of games. They have the Texans 1st pick next year too, so root for both teams to win more games than us or KC.

good post Webster

good post Webster

Agreed. There is a lot that impacts sack numbers: scheme, luck, supporting cast, etc. it's all about having players that can beat their man, get pressure and finish plays when they have the chance. Thank god we're back to an aggressive, one-gap scheme. (The Browns are too, which is great for Garrett.)