Josh Gordon reinstatement denied by NFL

To be fair, the guy who wrote "slow getting up" (a noted pothead) referred to the league's mandated marijuana test as "the test you have to be an idiot to fail" - you get tested once a year, during a limited known window.

You have to have clean pee by April 20th, and stay clean until you're tested.

It's only if you fail the idiot test that you become subject to regular, random testing

How ass backwards, testing during their free time-their vacation. I would rather have the ones who want to spark up sitting at home high, playing video games on their flat screen waiting on some girls to come by instead of out hitting cops with champagne bottles in the off season.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the guy who wrote "slow getting up" (a noted pothead) referred to the league's mandated marijuana test as "the test you have to be an idiot to fail" - you get tested once a year, during a limited known window.

You have to have clean pee by April 20th, and stay clean until you're tested.

It's only if you fail the idiot test that you become subject to regular, random testing

yep, and you have to have 4 or 5 positives before it's even made public (suspension). It's actually a pretty lenient policy. If you can pass the annual test that you know the date of, you are free to smoke pot the rest of the year.

I'd climb a rope of sand and sleep on a bed of nails to make millions of dollars playing a kids game.

it's not really just a kids game, ya know. Hate when people say that. It's played at a much higher level and sleeping on nails won't get you a tryout. It takes a special athlete to play it and Gordon is one of those flawed, special athletes.

it's not really just a kids game, ya know. Hate when people say that. It's played at a much higher level and sleeping on nails won't get you a tryout. It takes a special athlete to play it and Gordon is one of those flawed, special athletes.

Doesn't require any more serious mental development through study than when you were 10 years old.

When they are through almost all of those who played college and pro have nothing to fall back on in achievement for the next 50 years of their life.

You are also mistaking metaphor and irony for dead-iron-cast tight-assed seriousness...

He is apparently in a real bad financial situation too.Not surprising. Time to get a real job, dumbasss.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-gordon-in-%E2%80%98desperate-financial-situation-hopes-for-reinstatement/ar-BBBbaqB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Must be bad to not be able to afford his weed and alchohol.

That said, it’s clear the former All-Pro receiver would be able to help the offense if he were able to stay on the field. After all, back in 2013 he caught 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns in just 14 games.

Yes and how many years ago? He did not do too well in 2014.

Alternate view from pro 420 paper:

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2017/05/nfls_terrible_decision_to_deny.html

He is apparently in a real bad financial situation too.Not surprising. Time to get a real job, dumbasss.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-gordon-in-%E2%80%98desperate-financial-situation-hopes-for-reinstatement/ar-BBBbaqB?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

...guess being "older than dirt" means I'll NEVER get it......but 1,696 guys are privileged annually to play for millions in the NFL and guys like him just don't seem to get it.....

Guest NeckBeard

So I guess that puts an end to the sentiments that the Bills should pick him up, then? K, good.

...guess being "older than dirt" means I'll NEVER get it......but 1,696 guys are privileged annually to play for millions in the NFL and guys like him just don't seem to get it.....

I get your point but honestly for some guys, football is just a 9-5 job like most people have. Some guys are just good at and know they can make a living at it. I always thought the OT Mike Williams was like this.

I get your point but honestly for some guys, football is just a 9-5 job like most people have. Some guys are just good at and know they can make a living at it. I always thought the OT Mike Williams was like this.

....don't know about you bud, but I sure as hell don't get 5 years, $35 mil with $20 mil guaranteed for MY 9-5 job.....God bless you if that is your deal.. :thumbsup: ...

Ok to get a DUI, beat up women or shoot yourself in the leg......but smoke pot??

So you appear to know him and can vouch for him and he's simply being discriminated against because many others smoke pot and still get to play? Perhaps getting to know some Browns officials and/or players who played with him would help.

....don't know about you bud, but I sure as hell don't get 5 years, $35 mil with $20 mil guaranteed for MY 9-5 job.....God bless you if that is your deal.. :thumbsup: ...

Haha. Not yet. And I'm not saying that they are right in their thinking but as a washed up football player, the grind of football kinda sucks. There's nothing like a football game but practice and all that BS sucks. Three a day practices in August heat!

Haha. Not yet. And I'm not saying that they are right in their thinking but as a washed up football player, the grind of football kinda sucks. There's nothing like a football game but practice and all that BS sucks. Three a day practices in August heat!

It has been a while since you played. There aren't even two-a-days anymore, much less three-a-days.

and you can make it rain every night if you want, and smoke all the drugs.... oops...

It has been a while since you played. There aren't even two-a-days anymore, much less three-a-days.

It's 5 years in jail if your high school coach calls it Hell Week for your junior varsity team these days.

No guys marijuana isnt a problem at all. It isnt one of a few reasons this kid lost a very lucrative job and is currently unemployed and having a hard time...

Sarcasm intended

Oh...was the sarcasm the 'this kid' part or where you referring to someone other than the 26 year old man being discussed in this thread?

Oh...was the sarcasm the 'this kid' part or where you referring to someone other than the 26 year old man being discussed in this thread?

Yeah a now 24 yr old Karlos Williams (a kid), a then 23 yr old (kid). Karlos Williams born May 4, 1993.

So you appear to know him and can vouch for him and he's simply being discriminated against because many others smoke pot and still get to play? Perhaps getting to know some Browns officials and/or players who played with him would help.

You inferred all that from my statement?