with a new GM I'm at peace with waiting on a franchise QB

To me, the moment the Bills traded down to get another 1st next year, it signaled the intent is to Draft a QB next year in what is currently considered to be a good QB class. Whether they need to trade up (hoping they have to trade waaaaay up) or simply stay put remains to be seen, but at least they have the currency to do it...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't trade up. I would develop Peterman and use those picks (maybe even trade down to get more) and build up the team around him.

how do you even know he becomes a starter in this league?

I get the new blood in the stable intrigues some and they grasp at the possibility of a diamond in the rough but the kid has yet to take a snap, lets not put the cart before the horse here.

I'd prefer we take a QB if this class proves to be as strong as expected. QB fortunes can change quickly. Remember, Matt Barkley would likely have been considered a top pick if he had come out a year earlier. Playing that extra year cost him millions and exposed him.

I wouldn't trade up. I would develop Peterman and use those picks (maybe even trade down to get more) and build up the team around him.

Seriously? All eggs in your basket on a 5th rd pick?

So what happens if Tyrod plays well this year and Peterson shows promise in pre season?

Then just sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch this place explode next draft if we don't draft a qb

Edited by Virgil

I hope everyone realizes that no one will know who that franchise QB is until a few years after he is acquired. In fact I predict people will still be clamoring for a franchise QB even after we draft one. I don't expect an Andrew Luck to be waiting for us.

What if we pick the latest JaMarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf?

then we'll know we've Beane had

You don't have to, his name is Peterman

Have you looked at his highlights? His best plays are all with his feet. Peashooterman wouldn't win a pass, punt and kick contest against middle school girls. His arm is barely strong enough for indoor games

To me, the moment the Bills traded down to get another 1st next year, it signaled the intent is to Draft a QB next year in what is currently considered to be a good QB class. Whether they need to trade up (hoping they have to trade waaaaay up) or simply stay put remains to be seen, but at least they have the currency to do it...

...positioned right with latitude to move if necessary to get their guy.....

Have you looked at his highlights? His best plays are all with his feet. Peashooterman wouldn't win a pass, punt and kick contest against middle school girls. His arm is barely strong enough for indoor games

Come on. I see straight fire!

How long are we going to play on the whole arm strength thing? This was debated to death in regards to Watson and been inconclusive in regards to QBs overall success. Accuracy is what's important. You don't seem to get that.

How long are we going to play on the whole arm strength thing? This was debated to death in regards to Watson and been inconclusive in regards to QBs overall success. Accuracy is what's important. You don't seem to get that.

...why not?...Montana had a cannon and what the hell did he do with it?....so did Jeff George and what the hell did HE do with it?.....as much sense as a kid's 40 speed....Rice was 4.73 and sucked wind like a turtle....

...why not?...Montana had a cannon and what the hell did he do with it?....so did Jeff George and what the hell did HE do with it?.....as much sense as a kid's 40 speed....Rice was 4.73 and sucked wind like a turtle....

Which Montana had a cannon...?