Reuben Foster might miss 2017 season due to shoulder

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ESPNNFL

Despite surgery, Reuben Foster's right shoulder was worrisome enough that some teams did not consider drafting him.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19301835/reuben-foster-shoulder-led-drop-nfl-draft?sf75970879=1

@armandosalguero

I've been told Reuben Foster suffered concussions while at Alabama and that his recovery time was a concern.

There was no good reason to take him with his character and injury concerns. Of course many people whined because they had heard his name on TV.

I am sure he was one of the names McDermott took of the draft board because of those issues.

Might be a Shaq Lawson type situation.

sounds very similar in that it could "give out at any time"... except he already had one surgery and it apparently didn't work, so I guess that's worse. Lawson was just holding off on doing surgery.

sounds very similar in that it could "give out at any time"... except he already had one surgery and it apparently didn't work, so I guess that's worse. Lawson was just holding off on doing surgery.

Didn't know about Foster's previous surgery. Not a good sign.

a bit off topic ,but in this thread a video popped up about malachi dupri, wr lsu drafted in the 7th round. i wish the bills would have gotten him. i think he is gonna be an odb jr. type. damn , i can't believe he lasted so long. i like the milano pick, but with the last pick we should have gone with this guy. this guy i think is gonna be great. he would have given us a great wr corp.

Imagine if we took him!!! People would be calling for Whaley to be fired immediately!!

And in the 2017-2018 offseason, they would be excited about the pontentisl impact he'd have on the D. On a different note, heard one of the big guys on Sirius NFLN (not Gil Brandt but in that league) talking about how Saban's program takes a toll on all his players (Ragland hits close to home 😉).

I hear he self medicates that shoulder pain with massive amounts of weed massive amounts of water.

The talent is there, but the health and off the field nonsense...

I am still curious as to how he still was a first rounder.

I know, I know ... if the Bills had done this and all of that. But ... it kind of makes sense for the Niners even if they think he'll miss a good chunk of this season. The Niners are in a full rebuild this year. They're not hoping to contend. They'd still get potentially 3 or 4 years of a major impact defensive player, and the year they miss out on him is a punt year anyway. So it's not like the Bills with Shaq at all, since Rex, Whaley, Pegula and friends actually drafted Shaq to make an immediate impact in a year that was probably their best chance to contend.